Ross Stores Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ross Stores.

I filled out the application and was called for an interview within 24 hours. The interview was held during the day in the manager's office. They wanted to hire me on the spot. However, I was interviewed by 2 different managers who would not have had the time to discuss whether they liked me, whether I was a "good fit," background experience, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you had to handle a customer issue.   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Ross?   Answer Question

I got another job offer that offered better opportunities for me.

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in August 2014.

I filled in an application for Ross with the knowledge of doing seasonal work for them. I was offered an interview the next day on the phone and went in a few days later. The interview itself was standard procedure, with questions like "how many times is a good amount to be late for work" none of course. The manager herself was very nice and has a wonderful bubbly personality. And in the end despite only being availible to work for the next month, as I am going to move across country for college, she was able to fight for me and I'm very excited to start this week. Absolutely recommend for people with limited experience to gain said work experience and/or going off to college looking for seasonal work.

Interview Questions
    • "What qualities about someone you know that help them get through the work day?"   View Answer
    Entry level position, not really negotiable. I am able to have a relatively flexible schedule, though I did request as many hours as they could give me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Ross Stores in August 2014.

I applied online. I was contacted by phone 3 days later to come in the following day for a group interview. I was interviewed with 6 other applicants. I was then called the next day and offered the position. I have been told to wait for an email containing hiring info.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about yourself. Why do you want to work for Ross? What does your previous experience bring to the table? Tell me why should I hire you? What one word would you use to describe yourself?   Answer Question
    There wasnt really one. I was told part time and 9 an hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stone Mountain, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stone Mountain, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Ross Stores in August 2014.

I applied online and received a call within that same week to schedule an interview. I went in for my interview with the assistant manager and we went over about 6 questions very basic mostly questions about my self, nothing hard. She told me they'll contact me about a next interview. I received an email within a few days to come in for a second interview with the manager. He also asked me very few easy questions. Then he told me they'll have to team up and go over everything because they still had more interviews which at this point I thought wow I blew it. Surprisingly I received an email the same week giving me instructions for my next step, hire paperwork w-4 all of that. Therefore I was hired but not on the spot I guess it just all depends on what's going on in their stores.

No negotiations

SPS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Ross Stores.

Questions that had nothing to do with the job. Distracted manager. Loud interruptions. Waited while the manager talked with an associate for 10 minutes. Asked irrelevant questions. Talked to too many people that did not seem interested in what the answer would be......more like, they just wanted to get it over with.

Nothing

Industrial Engineering/Tech Interview

Met an HR rec. at a college job fair. She was looking for interns. She called me, we scheduled a phone interview. A few weeks later we set up a face to face interview. A few weeks after I had a face to face with the engineering (industrial) manager. Real friendly nice guy. (Perris)

Interview Questions
    • Asked "common sense" questions like tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, about my computer skills, etc. I dont remember having any structured, typical interview, silly questions. It was a very natural conversation. It was my first "real" interview (not for a fast food or retail job, like a real engineering internship) and one question that threw me off was what I wanted to do with my degree or what part of industrial engineering I wanted to be in when I graduated. At that time, I was so young and inexperienced it was actually a hard question. But I answered honestly and he liked my answer. I said I've never had an internship before so I dont really know.. that I wanted to work here first and see what its like before I can think about what I'd like to do specifically.   Answer Question
    There was not really a negotiation because it was internship. Basically when they called me I gave a verbal acceptance. They requested I drive in person within one week to sign papers. The day I came in, I took a drug test. The agreement was no benefits, $15/hr, and I had a "contract" to work full time for the whole summer. By the end of summer, things went well so I was allowed to work part-time after summer ended. It was a great job! I miss my intern days there (Perris) and I would absolutely consider working there again in the future! Just knowing that they are an "off price retailer" I'll assume the salary pay for full times is not GREAT, however with the great people and great atmosphere I remember, it would be worth it to someone looking for that.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Ross Stores.

Had one interview with the store manager and was called back within a few days to start my hiring process. Manager did not seem interested in the process whatsoever. It was more of a chore

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite household chore?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores.

interview was really short, asked my availability and a few work experience questions. For the most part they were really in need of somebody that would learn how to do stock

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Silverdale, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores.

I sent in an application online and got called in for an interview later that week. The first interview was with the Assistant Manager, and probably lasted about thirty minutes. She asked a few questions about my previous customer service experience (this ended up being my first job, so my previous experience was limited to volunteer work.) She then scheduled me for a second interview with the store's general Manager a few days later. The second "interview" was very brief, not more than five minutes. I was basically just asked to introduce myself, and was then told that I had the job as long as I passed a background check.

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Ross Stores.

I submitted an application on line but never received a call back. I decided to drop my resume off in person and received a call within hours and set up an interview for the next day. The next day, I went to two interviews. During both, I was given five scenerios and asked how I would handle each situation.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer rushes out of store, drops clothing in parking lot and stops to pick clothing up; how would I handle this situation?   View Answer

Job was only part time.