Ross Stores

341 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in March 2014.

Interview Details – They just ask you general questions like tell me about yourself and the give you questions about what would you do if a customer is angry .

Interview Question – None all general   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details – Called for an in-person interview in 3 days but I declined.

Reason for Declining – Wanted me to work at 3 and 4 am on school days

Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ross Stores in July 2013.

Interview Details – If they interview they are 99% they are going to hire you

Interview Question – Typical questions such as why you wanna work there etc   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Milpitas, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, and within 2 weeks I received a call asking to come in as they were holding open interviews. Since it was open interviews and a lot of people showed up, the interview was very brief and extremely easy. A week later I received a call for employment. As long as you show them that you're friendly and know how to handle difficult customers then you're pretty much hired for the job.

Interview Question – - Nothing unexpected -
Tell me about yourself?
Why do you want to work here?
How would you handle an angry customer?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. $8 min wage.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Warehouse Associate
Chattanooga, TN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Ross Stores in October 2013.

Interview Details – interview process was okay

Interview Question – is the hourly wage okay?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Livermore, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in May 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted an online application and had one interview with the assistant manager. Basic interview asking why you want to work there, what you can bring to the table, etc. I didn't have to take any tests and they only did a background check for felonies. This was hands down the easiest interview I've ever had.

Interview Question – There really wan't a hard aspect of the interview process.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Tampa, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ross Stores in August 2013.

Interview Details – about 3 interviews 2 are on phone. Basic what if

Negotiation Details – NOne just took what they offered

Downers Grove, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online, Ross was opening a new store in my area, within 24 hours I got a call for an interview. I had my interview at a coffee shop nearby since the store wasn't open yet, and the manager was very nice and asked a lot of simple questions. He offered me a position on the spot. Overall, very pleasant experience

Interview Question – How did you deal with a difficult customer at your previous jobs   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, minimum wage.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in March 2011.

Interview Details – First interview is basic and all about job history and basic attitudes and skills. The second interview is usually with a Store Manager and will focus on situational questions and how you drive results. The third is usually with the District Manager and will be a combination of the two interviews. Usually if you make it to them you already have the job; they just interview to get a feel from you and to confirm information you were already asked. They do a background screen and that takes 5 to 10 days and then offer a position.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions. They were all, " Tell me about a time when...." questions. Customer Service, Driving Results, Coaching, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They just ask what you would like to make and pending the store they take it from there. There is no standard wage for managers; its all experience and the volume of the store you are placed in.

Location Planning Analyst Interview

Location Planning Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details – HR-- Mostly behavioral. Focus on why Ross and why the specific position. Some parts of your resume will be hand selected and you have to offer more detail. I was passed onto next round.
There was a retail math test that came partially as a surprise, and you are asked to fill out a form with referrals and work experience.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in this position given your science major?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ross Stores