Ross Stores

382 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Stockroom Associate Interview

Stockroom Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in December 2013.

Interview Details – It was a group interview. We (the candidates) sat in a semi-circle and took turn answering questions from the manager. It felt very competitive. I felt that my answer had to be better and more elaborate than those that answered before me. Then we were given the opportunity to question the manager and assistant manager; it was really an informal group discussion, which made me less nervous.

Interview Question – "Who do you admire most and why?" Everyone answered the same: we admired ourselves for various reasons. Then we were told to re-answer the question picking an individual other than ourselves. I was not prepared to answer this question, but it was not difficult to come up with something on a moment's notice.   View Answer

Sales Floor/Cashier Interview

Sales Floor/Cashier
Rome, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in September 2011.

Interview Details – General review. They are in so need to hire because of turn over, there wasn't much to the interview. A few general ?'s and when can you start after your background check is cleared.

Negotiation Details – None

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details – Came in for a sit down interview. I was asked a few questions like, "How would you handle a disgruntled customer". After answering the question, I was told what I would be paid. There's No negotiating pay,

Negotiation Details – No negotiating

Assistant Buyer Interview

Assistant Buyer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details – Very long interview process-- took about 3 months and they were very vague as to when an answer would be reached. I didn't end up getting the job because all available jobs were being saved for college graduates and interns in order for the company to save money.

Interview Question – Why did you pick your major in college?   Answer Question

SPS (Loss Prevention) Interview

SPS (Loss Prevention)
Frisco, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in July 2013.

Interview Details – it begins with a phone screen which is composed of basic questions such as how and where did you hear the company was hiring. after the phone screen you schedule your face to face interview which is a joke at the frisco location. turnaround is so high that if you can complete a sentence in English and can make it to work on time you're hired.

Interview Question – describe a situation where you knew a fellow associate was stealing from the store how would you handle it.   Answer Question

Retail Associate Interview

Retail Associate
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ross Stores in May 2013.

Interview Details – Apply online. Within a few days called me and set an interview for a few days later. Asked me about my schedule, and the amount of time I thought I would spend at the job. Was offered the job pending a background check. Interview lasted 10 minutes at most.

Interview Question – How long do you think you'd stay if offered the job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, offered minimum wage.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in April 2014.

Interview Details – applied online at ross website, they called me within 2 weeks for an interview. interview questions include why do u want to work there? how to handle a difficult customers?when you see a co-worker stealing? etc and i expanciated on teamwork in my replies

Negotiation Details – no negotiation phase

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ross Stores in April 2014.

Interview Details – Initial communication was courteous and prompt. DM conducting the interview was very professional and spoke highly of the company.

Interview Question – What are you hoping to avoid in your next job?   Answer Question

Area Supervisor Interview

Area Supervisor
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ross Stores in August 2013.

Interview Details – Was informed about opening in store for Area Supervisor, asked for interview, interview was set up within a couple of days, interview lasted probably 15 minutes. Interviews for lower positions too easy compared to this one.

Interview Question – What are your plans to further your education?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing was negotiated. Not even pay.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
San Leandro, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online in February of 2014, then totally forgot that I submitted an application. They finally called me back about a full month later, and asked me to go in for an interview. I went in and waited a whole hour and twenty minutes in the front of the store next to the exit (not in the break room or anything) before I was called in. I met the manager, who apologized for the wait and explained that the computers were running slowly, and that was supposed to make up for it I guess.
Anyways, the questions were easy. Tell me about yourself, how would you handle an angry customer?, What do you do when you have a lot of work to do in a little amount of time, asked about hours. I have a few friends who work at the store so I mentioned that I'd heard good things from them about working there, and when asked about angry customers I said that I would try to talk to them calmly, and make sure they know that I'm trying to do as much as I could to understand their situation. She offered me a job on the spot, provided that my background check came thru, and explained very briefly about what to expect, such as what to wear, how I will get trained.
Now, this is the part that is difficult. It's been nearly a month since I've been hired and I haven't been called for training. I have called them every week, asking to get scheduled for training but I always get told that either the manager who hired me isn't there, or to call back later. I went into the store twice, and was finally told to come in for Orientation on a Wednesday at 11am. I showed up.. and the manager wasn't even in. I wasted a bunch of my time getting ready and getting there just to be told, i have to wait another week. I am anxious to start this job, I need the money. Other places have called me for interviews but I turned them down because I am waiting for Ross to call me back.

Interview Question – How would you handle an angry customer?   Answer Question