Ross Stores

Updated Mar 1, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indian Harbour Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indian Harbour Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores.

I applied online and within a week received a phone call to come in for an interview. The interview did not last long, the manager kept an eye on the time and kept it to 30 minutes. I had read on Glassdoor that if you receive a phone call to come in for an interview that Ross was going to hire you. Start date was contingent on passing a background test.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked just a couple questions: What was my most favorite job and why? What was my least favorite job and why?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation on salary, it is set at minimum wage.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores.

Asked fair questions about retail, clothing store experience, honesty, etc. The store manager and an assistant manager interviewed me quickly. I was super overqualified for this position, so it was no problem to answer a few simple hypothetical situations and questions.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. This was for my 2nd job and I've had over a decade of retail and customer service, yet I wasn't even started at $8 per hour.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores.

Applied online for another store location, but this one called me in for a interview. I went to the interview and the manager was so busy with ringing customers that we had to reschedule. I debated coming back because it was a long drive, but I had worked for Ross before and knew that it was a good company. I came back and was interviewed by two managers, as soon as I said that I had worked for Ross before and which location, they were hooked. I was hired on the spot!...The only downfall in the hiring process is their background checks takes about 2 weeks (that's long!) Also if you want to transfer to a different store you have to be with the company for 6 months, if not you have to apply all over.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to strenuous. Background experience, what do you like about Ross?   Answer Question
    No negotition

Cash Office and Front End Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores.

I applied on line and a week later they called me to go in for my interview . It was fast relaxed and easy . I felt they were not prepared . I answered everything with a big smile . The interview lasted no more than 15 min. next thing I know they said can you start tomorrow .

Interview Questions
    • I don't think they really know what they will ask everyone I felt it was more as it came to them .Its easy .   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ross Stores in September 2014.

I applied online and was called an hour later to set an interview as soon as I could. I made an interview for the next day. I arrived 5 minutes early and they made me wait a total of 50 minutes before they even interviewed me. The manager came out finally seeming a bit dazed and asked me to follow him to his office. His office was very cluttered and unorganized. He seemed really young and inexperienced and pretty much asked me:

1. Why Ross?

2. What make you a good fit?

3. What does a clean and organized environment at work mean to you?
    (ironic as his room was absurdly unorganized)

4. Do you have any past work experience that can help with this job?

and then he began to tell me that they needed people with very open flexibility's (which I had) and offered me the job right away, $9.00/hr non-negotiable part time with a maximum of 25 hours a week. I told him I'd think about it but I knew I wasn't going to take it as I found a better job that was paying me more.

I found a better job that was paying me more.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores.

Applied online and within a couple of minutes got a call to have an in-person interview for the following day. Interviewed with the Area Supervisor, which was basically like a phone interview when they ask you when you're available, how many hours you want to work, etc. Afterwards, I was scheduled for another interview with the General Manager for the next day. The following day, I was interviewed by the General Manager and the Assistant Manager at the same time. They were basic questions like, why do you want to work for Ross, what was your experience when this happened, etc. Told I was hired at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    Negotiations are possible. Don't be scared to ask for anywhere from $0.25 to $3.00 more than they say, especially if you have prior experience.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores.

One interview that was VERY easy. I found the hiring process to be somewhat unprofessional. It seems they're just looking for bodies. The one thing that I didn't expect was that they did a little interview on the phone when they called me for an interview time. Questions were basic. Like why do you want to work for Ross, explain a time you faced a challenge and conquered, what would you do if you believed someone was stealing, what would you do if a customer was angry.

none

Area Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores in September 2014.

I was called in by the DM It went well and very fast ask how would i handle rude customers just a interview like any other interview was offered the job on the spot

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a rude employee   View Answer
    It was really no negotiation i did not try to negotiate the pay wes good with me

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ross Stores.

I filled out the application and was called for an interview within 24 hours. The interview was held during the day in the manager's office. They wanted to hire me on the spot. However, I was interviewed by 2 different managers who would not have had the time to discuss whether they liked me, whether I was a "good fit," background experience, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you had to handle a customer issue.   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Ross?   Answer Question

I got another job offer that offered better opportunities for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stone Mountain, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stone Mountain, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores in August 2014.

I applied online and received a call within that same week to schedule an interview. I went in for my interview with the assistant manager and we went over about 6 questions very basic mostly questions about my self, nothing hard. She told me they'll contact me about a next interview. I received an email within a few days to come in for a second interview with the manager. He also asked me very few easy questions. Then he told me they'll have to team up and go over everything because they still had more interviews which at this point I thought wow I blew it. Surprisingly I received an email the same week giving me instructions for my next step, hire paperwork w-4 all of that. Therefore I was hired but not on the spot I guess it just all depends on what's going on in their stores.

No negotiations