Ross Stores Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.0

Stockroom Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was really quick and simple about 5 minutes. Was asked about my prior experience, which I had none, but was available at any time and was offered a position in the stockroom. Still waiting for my background check.

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Vernon, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Mount Vernon, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

i applied online and within a couple of days they called wanting me to come in for an interview. I went in the very next day the interview took about 30 minutes then told me to come back 2 days later for a second interview which lasted about 10 minutes and told me i was hired!

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you saw someone stealing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was simple. I applied online which was pretty much just submitting a resume. Then I waited 3 days until I received a phone call asking me to come in that very same day. I had to wash my clothes so I asked for the next day and was giving an interview time for 10:00 a.m.

Interview Questions

• I Was Asked When Was There a Time That I Had To Show My Leadership Skills?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Bakersfield, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application, I received a call from the manager about a week or two weeks afterwards. She conducted an over the phone interview. It was about 5 minutes long and she asked about my availability and education level. She also asked typical questions such as why do you want to work here and what’s an important aspect of this job.

Store Protection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Orlando, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very brief just make sure you are knowledgeable abut there polices on SPS. Also, make sure that you speak on how you have keen eye for things. You are a very positive person and that you know you can make your presence felt in the store.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if saw someone stealing?   2 Answers

Restock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Douglasville, GA).

Interview

I simply filled out the app and I got a call a few days later asking what were my available hours and she told me what they were hiring for and ask me to come in for an interview. I had 1 interview and was told to wait for my background check and then I had orientation about a week later.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

The hiring process actually came after the interview of course. It was pretty average some questions they asked really made you think. But in the end, it was definitely worth it. Interview was probably about 20-30 minutes. Then when you're hired you have to go through all the tests and learn more about Ross stores. You have to pass them all also or the system will make you keep retaking them until you have 80% or better.

Interview Questions

• Who is someone you look up to and what are the reasons why you look up to that individual?   1 Answer

Stcoker Interview

Interview

good and fast person interviewing me was polite and i enjoyed being interviewed by them i dont know what eles to say at this point so im not going to say anything eles ok ok then bye lol

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I applied online and later received an email to attend a hiring event. I had to wait a while before receiving the email, maybe because I applied online. The day of the interview, there was a wait list, and they would call people to a one-on-one interview. It was very easy, straight forward questions. The person interviewing was very friendly and was filling out a worksheet during the interview. I didn't get the job because the interview was actually for an opening store so they needed flexible schedules.

Interview Questions

• Who is the most dependable worker you know How many times is it okay to be late Why do you want to work at Ross   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

It moved fast because they were trying to fill a position but be prepared for several rounds. There was a phone interview with the recruiter and then in person recruiter interview. Then moved into several rounds with the buyer and all her superiors. They ask for pay stubs to prove employment, so be prepared.

another offer