Ross Stores

339 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

West Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ross Stores in January 2014.

Interview Details – Store manager who interviewed me was actually interviewing herself. Could not stop talking about herself and seemed to not want to be there. Very unprofessional,never shook my hand goodbye or said it was nice meeting you I have interviewed many people in my life and this was terrible! Who hired her? She said she had been there a short time and had a lot of grocery background! So you better have grocery background to sell clothes!!!

Interview Question – Why was I selected to be downsized and other manager stayed   View Answer

Stockroom Associate Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ross Stores in May 2013.

Interview Details – The hiting process took a while. I didn't start work until 2 months after I was told I was hired. Other then that it was farely simple.

Interview Question – There reaslly was not any difficukt or unexpected questions during the interview process.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
Corpus Christi, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in December 2013.

Interview Details – I had one interview. It was to the point. The manager asked a number of relevant questions about my experience, strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Interview Question – All the questions were expected.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email 2 weeks later stating to call to set up an interview. The Interview was fairly easy, I spoke with a quest manager first who greeted me at the door. He asked me a set of questions and decided that I was qualified for the position and passed me on to the store manager. I had a second interview with the store manger who only asked about 2 questions and offered me a position but stated that they will have to wait for a background check and that I should receive a phone call a week later. Overall the interview process was quick and fairly easy and took about 30 mins total.

Interview Question – Explain how you will handle someone you saw stealing?
Will you feel comfortable reporting your store manager if you saw them stealing?
Why do you want to work at ross?
Tell me about yourself
Describe a scenario where you had to handle an upset customer?
What is patience to you?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none. minimum wage

ASM- Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Ross Stores in August 2012.

Interview Details – One in person interview - two on phone

Interview Question – questions about inventory cycle   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Ross Stores in November 2013.

Interview Details – Online application, phone interview, and in-person interview, take about one month.Candidates will interviewed by different managers from Ross. Including store manager, zone directors. Phone interview takes about 30 minutes. Difficult questions behavioral questions and really competitive

Interview Question – What do you expect from manager?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online.
I was emailed with directions to call a Ross store to schedule an interview.
I was told to fill out a quick questionnaire. The questions were mostly regarding my previous work experience.
When I was interviewed, they just told me that they are flexible with the store hours and would like to hire me for minimum wage provided that I passed a background check.

Interview Question – The manager asked me if I could handle the retail environment and I was like "FOR SURE!"
I mean, what else am I supposed to say?!
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They say that everyone starts at the same rate (minimum wage). And after some time (usually 3 months), they will give people promotions / raises.

Floor Associate Interview

Floor Associate
Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Ross Stores in November 2013.

Interview Details – Pleasant demeanor and to the point questions.

Interview Question – How long do you think you would like to work in this industry.   Answer Question

Inventory Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ross Stores in February 2010.

Interview Details – Hired within a 7day period.Interview was brief,just asked about reliability and previous job.

Interview Question – Asked about my ethnicity.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – able to work Morning shifts only.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in September 2013.

Interview Details – alll ahve to be done via internet and i recomend that you visit the store after you submited your application and notifi the manager or the assistant. that way they will remind you as soon they recive the email.

Interview Question – non. generaly it was a basic interview. Be ready with a positive actitude and its yours.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – if interested on getting hired, dont expect to get paid more than the base salary in your area.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ross Stores