Ross Stores Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.0

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I applied two weeks before I got a call back. The interview was a group interview then individually. I was the last to be interviewed and the manager asked me two questions and then ended it. I totally thought that I didn't get it but then I got an email.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Within 20 minutes of setting up the interview, I received an email stating the position I applied for was closed. I contacted recruitment and was told it was an error. I didn't want to waste my time with an interview which was not going to lead anywhere. Upon arriving at their office 15 mins early, I was given an application which all information was mandatory even with a resume. Off the bat you are to provide three references. I was escorted into a very small office (my knees kept hitting the desk in front of me and there was no room to move back) where two recruiters conducted the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Dublin, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

First round: 1-hour, on-site, with two members of the department and recruiter. Basic behavioral and resume-based questions. Final round: 2 30-min, 1-1 interviews with two higher-level members of the department. Behavioral questions and some that were a bit more analytical. Communication through the process was great and specific feedback was provided from the interviews.

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Robinson, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Robinson, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Filled out online app and assessment (90 Questions). Store manager called me the next day to schedule an interview. Very brief interview. General questions. Be prepared to answer questions regarding customer service and dependability.

Interview Questions

• Who is the most reliable person you know?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you see a customer exhibiting strange behavior indicative of shoplifting?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Woodbury, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job and got a call back for the interview in 3 days. I went in for the interview did a lot of smiling, shook the bosses hand. Dress well, great for a first job. Got the job instantly. There was some confusion about when I would come in for training but that was fixed.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous jobs or life experience make you a good candidate for this job?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ross Stores (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very easy and simple. The Interview last 10minutes. It was a group interview. Very simple questions as How i would handle a situation in which a customer is acting suspicious or pocketing merchandise? and also tell about myself and my future goals.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a situation in which the customer is acting suspicious or pocketi g merchandise!   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Alexandria, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I apllied online got a call for an interview 2 days later. During the call the lady just talked about ross and stuff and i would be getting $7.50 an hour. I had originally apllied for a sales associate thats why. So i went to the interview and the store manager just asked me about 4 easy question. 2 customers service and other 2 about my work experience. She asked if i was more interested in the loss prevention job she explained what they do an its higher pay. And the hours fit my availability. So of course i said yes. She prety much hired me on the spot. She told me shes gonna do my background check. Should take about a week. Then i had to talk to the general manager.

Interview Questions

• are you on with a repetitive job?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you someone looks like they're stealing?   Answer Question
    • how many days do you think its acceptable for an associate to miss work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not negotiable. They tell you what you need to know.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evans, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Evans, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was very easy! My manager was the most easy going so he basically said as long as you pass a background check I was hired. Didn't even do anything extra

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got called in for an interview 4 days later, the lady was a manager from another store just helping out in recruiting and she was very nice, she did a mini-interview over the phone and she told me that another location really needed help so I went to the other one instead.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Portland, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

It was extremely easy. I was able to figure out the correct the answers within seconds. The main thing you want to focus on is how you dress because that seems like the main thing on what they are looking for. The questions were just a no-brainer and getting hired there seems to be really easy.

Interview Questions

• how do you manage to handle at a angry customer? How many days should an employee miss work per month? Do you think you can handle this job? Why Ross?   Answer Question