Ross Stores

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ross Stores in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and a week later they called and asked me to come for an interview. I arrived there about 5 minutes early but seem like they didn't like me coming just 5 minutes early so they had me wait in the back for about 15 or 20 minutes. Then I spoke to the hiring manager. While I maintained eye contact and talk confidently about my volunteer experience, the manager couldn't look me in the eye, he kept looking at the ground while he spoke. I asked all the questions but honestly felt like I didn't get the job just because I don't have any retail experience even though they were paying minimum wage. A week after the interview I called to follow up and were told that they were still waiting for my background check and he'll call me back when he receive it. I never heard from them again.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?
How would you handle an irate customer?
What skills did you learn in your volunteer work?
  Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied and received a call within half to a full month. One interview with the Assistant Manager who chose who would go to the next interview, then a second interview to days later with the Store Manager. Expected questions such as why you want to work there, tell them a bit about yourself, tell me a time when... questions, very comfortable and relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and someone called me in for an interview. When I got there, it was a group interview and we were asked about our availability and our work experience. Pretty simple.

Interview Question – No difficult question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Floor Associate Interview

Floor Associate
Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Ross Stores in November 2013.

Interview Details – Pleasant demeanor and to the point questions.

Interview Question – How long do you think you would like to work in this industry.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in April 2009.

Interview Details – Was very easy just about " Tell me about your self" what are your expectation whit the company why you came to this company whats your salary expectation Tell me about the experience in retail stores tell me about your availability

Very Easy Interview

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ross Stores in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online; two days after, I received a call from an Human Resource Representative (SHE SOUNDED VERY NICE). She told if I want to schedule an interview for the next day, and let me choose the time. So the next day, I went there; it was a very friendly environment. One of the employee walked me to the store manager's office. She was extremely friendly, nice, and looked very easy going. She asked me basic questions about my availabillity, my past experiences and my education background. We talked like we are long time and very close friends. She was amazed about my education background and my plan in the future. She congratulated me, told me she like it when black women like her have such big dreams in life, and advised me to stay in school (SHE EVEN GAVE ME HIGH 5......HOW COOL IS THAT) She offered me the job right away and told me to check my email for paperwork and also a date will be given (THAT WILL BE MY VERY FIRST DAY IN THE JOB) and after that I have to call so for me to know the time to come that day (ALL THAT WON"T BE DONE UNLESS THEY GET MY BACKGROUND CHECK RESULTS). Later that day, I received an email from the background check agency with a phone number to call for the next step of the background check processus. I called right away, the lady asked me for a reference number that was supposed to be in the email, my SSN, my address and my date of birth. Till of today I am awaiting for the paperwork in my email. DON'T get it yet; It's been 4 days now. I know, I am clean, so I have nothing to be worried about. I am just waiting :)

Interview Questions

• Why Ross? How am I gonna positively contibute to the company?   Answer Question
  • My job duties in the past? Why I think she should hire me?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in November 2011.

Interview Details – 2 weeks or so after applying I got a call for an interview for the next day, she asked basic questions like availability and experience, told me she decides who gets to go on an interview with her boss and told me to come back 2 days after to interview with him, he asked questions like when is it acceptable to be absent from work (never), a time in which I had an angry customer and how I dealt with it plus other interview q's, let me know it is only a seasonal position with the possibility of becoming permanent, and said he'd make a decision later that night, 2.5 hours later I got a call informing me they are sending me documents to fill out and begin working in one week.

Always look the interviewer in the eye since it shows respect, be comfortable and speak confidently, also answer fast, if you take too long it doesn't look good, it seems like you're inventing your answer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Who is the person you see as the top worker (as in who I admire)?   View Answer
  • When have you had an angry customer and how did you deal with it?   View Answer

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!