Ross Stores Retail Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

1.7

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

Very basic behavioral questions with the manager. Applied online, then followed up in person, then went through the interview. They wanted me to start working right away. I was not ready for it, but took it anyway as I needed the job

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

Received a call within a week after submitting my application. I then arranged for an interview later that same week. After about the hour-long interview, which was focused on my work ethic, previous job experience, and flexibility of my schedule, I was hired on the spot.

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

Applied for the job and was called 2 days later to go in for an interview. Met with the assistant manager. She seemed really unhappy and had little to no facial expression. It was a very short interview though, maybe about 10 minutes or so. Was offered the job right after contingent on background check. No tough questions, just questions about past experiences and one or two situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Name someone who you know is dependable and explain why he or she is dependable.   1 Answer
    • Have you ever dealt with an angry customer? How did you handle them?   1 Answer
    • How do you react to a stressful situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Tucson, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Contacted by store management after applying 3 days earlier, was asked to come in for an interview. Very basic interview process, they aren't looking for specific skills other than being outgoing and friendly. Pretty much just want to hear how any prior experience is going to help you in the role you're applying for. Was offered job right after the interview was over. Background check took about 5 days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was not too bad, but it was longer than I expected it to be for a retail associate position. I originally applied for a retail associate position and was called about a day or two later to schedule an interview the following week. When I went in, I was interviewed by the assistant manager. I went in, completed the interview, and was told that I would have a follow-up interview with the manager the next week. When I went in for that one, I was interviewed by the manager; she had a retail associate with us during the interview, but he was just listening. She said she was "impressed" by the way I presented myself and was curious to see if I would be interested in a loss prevention position (based on how I dressed for the interview), which offers higher pay. Of course, I said yes. She told me she would set up an over-the-phone interview for me with the loss prevention manager. I did not hear back from the LP manager, so I called the store I applied to to find out what happened, and the interview was rescheduled for a few days later. I finally completed my third interview with the LP manager and was told he would discuss with the store manager if I would be an appropriate fit for the position. I finally received an automated email three, nearly four, weeks later saying that they were "considering other candidates" for the position.

Interview Questions

• What did you notice about the customers when you walked in the store?   Answer Question
    • If someone with a gun were to rob the store and hold an associate at gunpoint, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Mount Vernon, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

i applied online and within a couple of days they called wanting me to come in for an interview. I went in the very next day the interview took about 30 minutes then told me to come back 2 days later for a second interview which lasted about 10 minutes and told me i was hired!

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you saw someone stealing?   1 Answer

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call two weeks later. She set a date forinterviews.My interviewer was a nice lady. She came out greeted me. I smiled and shook her firmly. She took me to her office. The interview was 20 minutes. She asked me mostly behaviorial questions. She described to me the benefit of working with Ross. She then started discussing salary. It was 7.50$ . She kept mentioning how the staff has been promoted over the years. She wanted to know my availability. The wanted someone who can work weekends and evenings. I have experiences but could not accept the salary. Anyway I enjoyed the interview. It's an experience .

Anonymous Employee in Robinson, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Robinson, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Filled out online app and assessment (90 Questions). Store manager called me the next day to schedule an interview. Very brief interview. General questions. Be prepared to answer questions regarding customer service and dependability.

Interview Questions

• Who is the most reliable person you know?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you see a customer exhibiting strange behavior indicative of shoplifting?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Bakersfield, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the manager and assistant manager with another applicant. The interview was pretty easy, both interviewers were friendly. Just make sure you prepare with the questions and you'll be good. I wore a white blouse and black slacks and dress shoes. The other applicants wore denim jeans so I think that helped get me hired. I also researched the Ross company really well and discovered that they help many non profit organizations. Make sure you read which organizations and what those organizations do and make sure to mention them during the interview. The manager and assistant manager were very impressed that I knew that information.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online. I got a voicemail from the store manager letting me know she was interested in interviewing me a few days later. The interview was short, maybe 20 minutes. A lot of it was her filling me in on the store culture. I was asked very typical interview questions and gave short and honest answers. She told me she would get back to me about the time of the orientation. I got paid for the orientation and began working there afterwards.