Ross Stores Retail Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

1.6

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in August 2014.

I filled in an application for Ross with the knowledge of doing seasonal work for them. I was offered an interview the next day on the phone and went in a few days later. The interview itself was standard procedure, with questions like "how many times is a good amount to be late for work" none of course. The manager herself was very nice and has a wonderful bubbly personality. And in the end despite only being availible to work for the next month, as I am going to move across country for college, she was able to fight for me and I'm very excited to start this week. Absolutely recommend for people with limited experience to gain said work experience and/or going off to college looking for seasonal work.

Interview Questions
  • "What qualities about someone you know that help them get through the work day?"   View Answer
Entry level position, not really negotiable. I am able to have a relatively flexible schedule, though I did request as many hours as they could give me.

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ross Stores in May 2013.

Apply online. Within a few days called me and set an interview for a few days later. Asked me about my schedule, and the amount of time I thought I would spend at the job. Was offered the job pending a background check. Interview lasted 10 minutes at most.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, offered minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Ross Stores in March 2013.

Took months for them to call after my application had already been in. Interview was pretty easy they asked about past experiences with jobs etc. Basically tole me I had the job when done

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in January 2011.

Applied, heard from them within a week.

None really.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Ross Stores in October 2013.

The interview process included two interviews one with an assistant manager and a final with the store manager. The first interview included very general easy to answer questions about customer service, teamwork, dependability, and reliability. The second interview asked more probing questions and explained realistically what to expect from the position.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were very straight forward: Tell me about the most dependable worker you know? Why is a clean and recovered sales floor important?   Answer Question

Retail Associate Interview

Honestly not that deep and it depends on the hiring manager. Basically a sure way to get hired is if you are willing close every night, especially on Thursdays through Sundays.

Interview Questions
    • No brainer here. Just lie and basically say anything that they want to hear.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. You get minimum wage that is in your state.

Anonymous Employee  in  Round Rock, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in October 2013.

I was initially contacted via phone while i was work- they tried my home phone, and then left a voicemail on my cell phone, asking to set up an interview. I called back and set it up for the following day. I interviewed with the assistant store manager in a back room. There was just one interview involved, and it was one on one. The lady came off as very friendly and sweet and was easy to talk to. The environment seemed to be neutral; the lady that greeted me when I walked in was not all that friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where someone in your workplace was stealing.   View Answer

They only offered minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee  in  Lynnwood, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in October 2013.

I applied online for a retail associate position and received a call back for an interview eleven days later. My first interview was with the assistant store manager who told me that they were actually looking for a stock associate, which was fine. Also, she was professional and very clear about the job duties and what was expected. It was a good interview and left me with a good feeling about ross.

I was scheduled for a second interview a couple of days later with the store manager. First off, he showed up 15+ minutes late. Then when I was finally called back for the interview he sat down with his chair turned fully away from me and conducted the interview for several minutes with his back turned to me. He did finally turn around and conduct the interview face to face but was extremely rude and derogatory the whole time. He made sure to emphasize the fact that ross is not at all customer service oriented, that any schedule conflicts meant that I had absolutely no chance of getting the job and that all retailers are only hiring part-time because of obamacare. Overall he was extremely unprofessional and not only did I immediately lose interest in the position (I understand it's part-time retail and I shouldn't expect much but this was completely out of line) but knowing that ross has absolutely no interest whatsoever in their customers I will never shop there again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palm Desert, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA

I was called to go in for an interview that was very short and a week later I was called in for orientation and watched training videos all day. Orientation was six hours long.

No negotiation minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Ross Stores.

It was a one on one interview. I met with the Operations Manager. I was asked very general questions. The first was, "define efficiency." I was asked if I had cashier experience, to tell him about myself, my strengths, why I would like to work at Ross, etc. The job interview was not very difficult. The second interview was just to fill out paperwork. The third step was going to the orientation where I had to watch videos, learn about the dress code, and received the Associate Discount Card.

Interview Questions
    I was offered $8 an hour (contingent upon a background check) and I accepted.

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!