Ross Stores

Average Difficulty
28 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ross Stores in May 2013.

Interview Details – Apply online. Within a few days called me and set an interview for a few days later. Asked me about my schedule, and the amount of time I thought I would spend at the job. Was offered the job pending a background check. Interview lasted 10 minutes at most.

Interview Question – How long do you think you'd stay if offered the job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, offered minimum wage.

Greenville, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Ross Stores in March 2013.

Interview Details – Took months for them to call after my application had already been in. Interview was pretty easy they asked about past experiences with jobs etc. Basically tole me I had the job when done

Waco, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in January 2011.

Interview Details – Applied, heard from them within a week.

Interview Question – Pretty generic interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None really.

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Ross Stores in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process included two interviews one with an assistant manager and a final with the store manager. The first interview included very general easy to answer questions about customer service, teamwork, dependability, and reliability. The second interview asked more probing questions and explained realistically what to expect from the position.

Interview Question – All the questions were very straight forward: Tell me about the most dependable worker you know? Why is a clean and recovered sales floor important?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Ross Stores

Interview Details – Honestly not that deep and it depends on the hiring manager. Basically a sure way to get hired is if you are willing close every night, especially on Thursdays through Sundays.

Interview Question – No brainer here. Just lie and basically say anything that they want to hear.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You get minimum wage that is in your state.

Round Rock, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted via phone while i was work- they tried my home phone, and then left a voicemail on my cell phone, asking to set up an interview. I called back and set it up for the following day. I interviewed with the assistant store manager in a back room. There was just one interview involved, and it was one on one. The lady came off as very friendly and sweet and was easy to talk to. The environment seemed to be neutral; the lady that greeted me when I walked in was not all that friendly.

Interview Question – Describe a time where someone in your workplace was stealing.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They only offered minimum wage.

Lynnwood, WA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online for a retail associate position and received a call back for an interview eleven days later. My first interview was with the assistant store manager who told me that they were actually looking for a stock associate, which was fine. Also, she was professional and very clear about the job duties and what was expected. It was a good interview and left me with a good feeling about ross.

I was scheduled for a second interview a couple of days later with the store manager. First off, he showed up 15+ minutes late. Then when I was finally called back for the interview he sat down with his chair turned fully away from me and conducted the interview for several minutes with his back turned to me. He did finally turn around and conduct the interview face to face but was extremely rude and derogatory the whole time. He made sure to emphasize the fact that ross is not at all customer service oriented, that any schedule conflicts meant that I had absolutely no chance of getting the job and that all retailers are only hiring part-time because of obamacare. Overall he was extremely unprofessional and not only did I immediately lose interest in the position (I understand it's part-time retail and I shouldn't expect much but this was completely out of line) but knowing that ross has absolutely no interest whatsoever in their customers I will never shop there again.

Interview Question – Who is the most dependable worker you know?   Answer Question

Palm Desert, CA

Interview Details – I was called to go in for an interview that was very short and a week later I was called in for orientation and watched training videos all day. Orientation was six hours long.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Ross?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation minimum wage

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details – It was a one on one interview. I met with the Operations Manager. I was asked very general questions. The first was, "define efficiency." I was asked if I had cashier experience, to tell him about myself, my strengths, why I would like to work at Ross, etc. The job interview was not very difficult. The second interview was just to fill out paperwork. The third step was going to the orientation where I had to watch videos, learn about the dress code, and received the Associate Discount Card.

Interview Question – Define "efficiency"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered $8 an hour (contingent upon a background check) and I accepted.

Allen, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Ross Stores in September 2012.

Interview Details – They gave me a call and I went for the interview. The manager was very nice and asked me simple questions like: who is most dependable? And stuff. Offered me the job on site.

Negotiation Details – Everyone starts at the basic minimum wage, I guess.

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!