Ross Stores

Average Difficulty
28 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Butler, PA

I applied online and interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details – Applied online. I was contacted a few days later, and scheduled an interview. No hard questions were asked, in fact I was mostly asking the questions.

Interview Question – What was one thing you disliked about the stores?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, minimum wage.

Retail Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details – the interview was easy, one on one with the hiring manager. he as me simple questions.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Retail Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details – Interview process is very basic. Applications are done online. A follow-up phone call is a plus, but not necessary. There is a questionaire attached that is scored and unfortunately can be the cause for the applicant not getting an interview regardless of their abilities. Remembering that first impressions are everything will be very helpful in the interview process. Being nervous is normal. Being honest is a must. Don't try to over-sell yourself, just go with the flow. Be friendly, but not chatty.

Interview Question – The most difficult question asked is "Why do you want to work for Ross?". This question tends to throw most people off regardless of what company they are interviewing with.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is based on experience and ability. Very basic.

Hollywood, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call back about 3wks later to schedule an in-person interview. I arrived early and ready for the questions. I interviewed twice with this company, because as a previous reviewer stated, after I accepted an offer, my name was lost in the system and so I had to reapply. I reapplied and the second time received a call back within the first 72hrs. Interviewed next day and was hired on the spot. Key things to know about this interview. Show a high interest in learning. Show a high interest in the work, but don't be desperate. Try not to talk about pay. They will ask you there do you see yourself in three years. SAY YOU SEE YOURSELF WITH ROSS, even if that's not where you see yourself. Be sure to express interest in a job with upward mobility. Once you accept the offer, you will have to undergo a background check that can take anywhere from a few days to a month. Once your results come back, you will be called and scheduled for paid orientation/training, and given your schedule for the following week.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any. Best I can tell you is, when they ask you to tell them about yourself, please, TALK ABOUT YOUR PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE, that is what this opportunity is for, to sell yourself, give a verbal resume if you will, don't start talking literally about yourself. If you start talking about yourself, this is the first part where you're going wrong. Save that part for when they ask you about your hobbies/outside interests.   Answer Question
  • Why should we hire you?   View Answer
  • Why do you want to work at Ross?   Answer Question
  • What are your weaknesses?   View Answer
  • What would your most recent employers say about you?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Starting wage is minimum and non-negotiable. But you are eligible for a raise after the probation period which is 3 months, and every 6 months after that if you are in good standing with the company.

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in July 2012.

Interview Details – The internew & hiring process went great until I wanted to move forward as being a FES but since my disability she says Im not good enough with my job

Interview Question – Why does managemnt treat disabled people worse then the regular employees   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – She would consider me for FES also since I had experience as a manager

Nogales, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in October 2011.

Interview Details – i was contact by the assintant manager for an interview 5 days after, the interview went very well nothing complicated, all the questions were to tell from 1 to 10, how do i consider my self energy, mood, team work, and other personal information.

Reason for Declining – the salary 7.25 /hr. usd to start

DFW, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ross Stores in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by phone approximately 2 weeks after applying online and give a date to come into the store. The interview included very easy, to-the-point questions about past work experiences and what makes you a great candidate for the company. Question examples: Do you like working as a part of a team? Can you handle irate customers? Are you bothered by small details? How good are you at multitasking. I got a one-on-one interview with an area supervisor (an entry level manager at the store level), but Ross does sometimes give group interviews. I was hired on the spot, called in about 5 days later to fill out paper work (W-4 info, permission for a background check, etc.) and was called about four days later for my first day of work.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Management was very straight-forward with me, telling me exactly what I would get paid, what hours I would work.

Newark, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ross Stores in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online on a Sunday and then got a call on Monday for an interview on Tuesday. Came in, but the store manager was out so I interviewed with an assistant manager who had never given an interview before. Asked very basic questions from a list. Because I had no work experience, he asked me questions about what'd I do in certain situations instead of the "give an example of a time". Left, and got a call back a few days later offering the position, and scheduled for orientation after background check was completed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – None, everyone starts at minimum wage

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ross Stores in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call about 1 weeks later. I got a phone call saying they would like to interview me for the assistant buyer intern position, I was scheduled to come in the following day. I was interviewed by one lady. The interviewer asked me about my work experiences and my schools, education.

Sanford, FL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in November 2011.

Interview Details – I had an interview with the asst manager and HR and both went well. After two weeks, I just received my background check in the mail. I don't have any criminal charges but I did get a ticket for unlawful speeding and no valid drivers license [I didn't know my license were suspended] and this appeared on my background check. Do you think my chances hindered because of this? I mean, I never been to jail for anything and this happened like 2 years ago.

Interview Question – Why Ross?   Answer Question