Ross Stores

Average Difficulty
59 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in September 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was pretty simple. I applied online, 2-3 business days later I received a call from the store Assistant Manager where we set up and interview on the same day within 30 mins (my request). Upon arriving, a one-on-one casual interview was carried out with pretty simple questions.

-Have you ever worked with a difficult person? How did you handle it?
-What experience do you have in customer service?
-Why do you want to work here?

At the end of the interview process I was offered the position on the spot, which i gladly accepted. All in all, the interview process was quick and easy, and these were wonderful people to work with.

Interview Question – Have you ever made a suggestion with a job and had the plans carried out?   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and someone called me in for an interview. When I got there, it was a group interview and we were asked about our availability and our work experience. Pretty simple.

Interview Question – No difficult question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Silverdale, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details – I sent in an application online and got called in for an interview later that week. The first interview was with the Assistant Manager, and probably lasted about thirty minutes. She asked a few questions about my previous customer service experience (this ended up being my first job, so my previous experience was limited to volunteer work.) She then scheduled me for a second interview with the store's general Manager a few days later. The second "interview" was very brief, not more than five minutes. I was basically just asked to introduce myself, and was then told that I had the job as long as I passed a background check.

Interview Question – What do you know about the company?   View Answer

Ross, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, a couple of weeks later I got a call for an one on one interview. Pretty much when they call you again for a background check you got the job. That process is about half a week. On my first day I filled out some paper work and they showed me how the fitting room works and had me shadow the cashiers.

Interview Question – How did you deal with a busy situation before?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No.

Very Easy Interview

Beaverton, OR

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for this position on Friday and received a call on Sunday about an interview on Monday. The phone call was very abrupt and I could feel like the manager was in a hurry of some sort because she barely let me say anything in regards to the interview, let alone try to have a conversation with her.

The interview day came and I went into the store 10 minutes early and while I was waiting, I didn't really feel in a comfortable atmosphere whatsoever, like the other employees were judging me, which I guess they might have to do. Regardless, I waited a total of 20 minutes before I was taken back by a "Loss Prevention" person to meet with the manager. When I sat down with her, she seemed really cold and distant. Like she didn't want to be interviewing me. Also, with every interview I've been to, the interviewer always asks "Tell me about yourself" or something along the lines to try and break the ice and get to know the interviewee. This didn't happen as the manager went straight into the questions.

She asked a total of 4 questions:
1. Why do you want to work at Ross?
2. Who's the most dependable worker you know?
3. How does your previous work relate to this job?
4. How would you react/work in a high-demand situation? (In other words, how do you react when you're really busy all of a sudden).

Then after answering those questions and answering questions that I had, she told me about the position and what it entailed. Then after that the interview was over. It lasted about 10 minutes. Tops. I personally know that I could've talked a lot more about each question and given scenarios that fit with my answer but she just kept cutting me off and not allowing me the proper chance to show what I have to offer. Also, because I'm a student from out of state, theres a good possibility that she won't hire me anyways. Regardless, I would have liked a better opportunity to show that I could give to the position. Nevertheless, I was offered the position the next day.

Retail Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ross Stores in May 2014.

Interview Details – I had a interview scheduled on a Tuesday at 12:30pm, I arrived there at 12:17pm, I walked up to customer service they called to the person who interviewed me. I went back to the interview room and was interviewed all was pleasant. Ross does 2 interviews, 1st interview was verifying information...the person who interviewed me(who does not normally do the interviews) said the main interviewer would not be in for 4 days yet i got a email the next morning saying that ross is currently denying my application without a reason....if you apply here do not listen to what they tell you because they like smiling in your face and stabbing you in the back after

Joplin, MO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted the next day about scheduling an interview. The managers were extremely friendly and made me feel comfortable. The interview took about 10 minutes, and I had to come in the next day for a second. I was offered the job after the second interview.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected; very easy questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - minimum wage

Retail Sales Associate

Interview Details – I received a phone call to come in the next day for an interview. Everyone is so nice. There were a lot of questions but basic questions for a new hire to determine that they are a perfect candidate for the position. Completed I-9 in office and a short quiz.

Interview Question – There were a lot of questions like 8-10. The manager is very thorough and upfront   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details – Came in for a sit down interview. I was asked a few questions like, "How would you handle a disgruntled customer". After answering the question, I was told what I would be paid. There's No negotiating pay,

Negotiation Details – No negotiating

Very Easy Interview

Retail Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in April 2014.

Interview Details – applied online at ross website, they called me within 2 weeks for an interview. interview questions include why do u want to work there? how to handle a difficult customers?when you see a co-worker stealing? etc and i expanciated on teamwork in my replies

Negotiation Details – no negotiation phase

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ross Stores

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Ross Stores Videos

Ross Stores – Why Work for Us?

​​​BEHIND EVERY BARGAIN​​​ Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes an incredible team of individuals to make that possible… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ross Stores Retail Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 59 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ross Stores employees and interview candidates.