Ross Stores

Getting the Interview

49 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fresno, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in September 2013.

Interview Details – It was very easy. I actually had a lot of fun being there it was fun because he was so laid back, cool, and funny. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Interview Question – They were all easy questions.   Answer Question

Merced, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Ross Stores in March 2014.

Interview Details – It was a group interview, about 6 people including myself. First interview included questions like why would you like to work for them, double checking availability, are you a fast learner, can you work in a fast paced environment, how do you handle customers. They also ask questions like how would you handle a situation with customers. At the end of the interview they let you know they will be giving the potential candidates a call for a second interview with the store manager. Second interview was with the store manager.

Interview Question – Unexpected question was regarding opportunity.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating, it's minimum wage.

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ross Stores in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was about 20 minutes early and was taken back to the interview room 10 to 15 minutes before my interview time she asked me question ie: work history , what would you do , why Ross. She then proceeded to tell me what Ross was all about and asked why I wanted to work for the company. My whole interview process took 10 maybe 15 minutes, she then told me that she had a few other interviews and would call me back later on that day, but shockingly I got a phone call a half an hour later with the manager wanting me to join the team.

Interview Question – Their was no questions asked that I did not already expect to be asked during the interview process.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details – Called for an in-person interview in 3 days but I declined.

Reason for Declining – Wanted me to work at 3 and 4 am on school days

Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ross Stores in July 2013.

Interview Details – If they interview they are 99% they are going to hire you

Interview Question – Typical questions such as why you wanna work there etc   Answer Question

Milpitas, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, and within 2 weeks I received a call asking to come in as they were holding open interviews. Since it was open interviews and a lot of people showed up, the interview was very brief and extremely easy. A week later I received a call for employment. As long as you show them that you're friendly and know how to handle difficult customers then you're pretty much hired for the job.

Interview Question – - Nothing unexpected -
Tell me about yourself?
Why do you want to work here?
How would you handle an angry customer?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. $8 min wage.

Downers Grove, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online, Ross was opening a new store in my area, within 24 hours I got a call for an interview. I had my interview at a coffee shop nearby since the store wasn't open yet, and the manager was very nice and asked a lot of simple questions. He offered me a position on the spot. Overall, very pleasant experience

Interview Question – How did you deal with a difficult customer at your previous jobs   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, minimum wage.

Peoria, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was called to setup an interview. The interview was for a couple of days later at around 11a.m. in the morning. The interview process was easy and I was offered a job. They took FOREVER to give me a start date though. Probably around three weeks to a month. After working there for two years I realized it's pretty uncommon for it to take that long. I was told it took that long because they were trying to get a group of new hires to train all at once and it supposedly took them a while to find a group which turned out to be only myself and one other person. The training was really easy however, the training buddies sucked at training new hires so I pretty much just learned myself as I went.

Interview Question – All of the questions were the common basic questions for a crappy entry level retail job so I don't think any were very difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. They're so cheap they wouldn't even start me at 25 cents more than minimum wage and I had previous retail experience to justify it.

Corpus Christi, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in December 2013.

Interview Details – I had one interview. It was to the point. The manager asked a number of relevant questions about my experience, strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Interview Question – All the questions were expected.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in September 2013.

Interview Details – alll ahve to be done via internet and i recomend that you visit the store after you submited your application and notifi the manager or the assistant. that way they will remind you as soon they recive the email.

Interview Question – non. generaly it was a basic interview. Be ready with a positive actitude and its yours.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – if interested on getting hired, dont expect to get paid more than the base salary in your area.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ross Stores

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ross Stores Retail Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 49 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ross Stores employees and interview candidates.