Ross Stores

Updated Nov 13, 2014

1.7

73 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores in November 2014.

I submitted my application on Monday and the store manager called me on Wednesday and asked if I could come in that afternoon for an interview. I went in and two of the store managers did my interview. They were very nice and the interview lasted about 10-15 minutes. The questions they asked were all pretty simple, but some of them didn't apply to me since this would be my first job.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever dealt with an angry customer? How did you deal with it?
    Have you ever had to pick up someone else's slack at work? How did handle it?
      Answer Question
No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores.

Waiting for your interview takes longer than the actual interview. they ask the usual question. be polite and charming and dont forget to smile. it shows that you are nice. stay full of energy because they look for employees that are since you are working in an fast paced environment being on your feet for several hours at a time.

Interview Questions
    • They give you the typical Interview questions so you shouldn't be worried   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores in October 2014.

I applied online, recieved an email about two days later saying that I needed to call the store to set up an interview. I went on two interviews recieved a call saying they wanted to offer me a job contingent on the results of my background check. Two weeks later I call corporate and find out that my background check was just submitted when the manager said it was submitted the day she called me. Another two weeks goes by and I received my CLEAN background check and still haven't heard a thing from the manager at the store. Im over it!

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle difficult customers?   View Answer
    Ridiculous!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indian Harbour Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indian Harbour Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores.

I applied online and within a week received a phone call to come in for an interview. The interview did not last long, the manager kept an eye on the time and kept it to 30 minutes. I had read on Glassdoor that if you receive a phone call to come in for an interview that Ross was going to hire you. Start date was contingent on passing a background test.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked just a couple questions: What was my most favorite job and why? What was my least favorite job and why?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation on salary, it is set at minimum wage.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores.

One interview that was VERY easy. I found the hiring process to be somewhat unprofessional. It seems they're just looking for bodies. The one thing that I didn't expect was that they did a little interview on the phone when they called me for an interview time. Questions were basic. Like why do you want to work for Ross, explain a time you faced a challenge and conquered, what would you do if you believed someone was stealing, what would you do if a customer was angry.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores in August 2014.

I applied online. I was contacted by phone 3 days later to come in the following day for a group interview. I was interviewed with 6 other applicants. I was then called the next day and offered the position. I have been told to wait for an email containing hiring info.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about yourself. Why do you want to work for Ross? What does your previous experience bring to the table? Tell me why should I hire you? What one word would you use to describe yourself?   Answer Question
    There wasnt really one. I was told part time and 9 an hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stone Mountain, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stone Mountain, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores in August 2014.

I applied online and received a call within that same week to schedule an interview. I went in for my interview with the assistant manager and we went over about 6 questions very basic mostly questions about my self, nothing hard. She told me they'll contact me about a next interview. I received an email within a few days to come in for a second interview with the manager. He also asked me very few easy questions. Then he told me they'll have to team up and go over everything because they still had more interviews which at this point I thought wow I blew it. Surprisingly I received an email the same week giving me instructions for my next step, hire paperwork w-4 all of that. Therefore I was hired but not on the spot I guess it just all depends on what's going on in their stores.

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores.

I sent in an application online and got called in for an interview later that week. The first interview was with the Assistant Manager, and probably lasted about thirty minutes. She asked a few questions about my previous customer service experience (this ended up being my first job, so my previous experience was limited to volunteer work.) She then scheduled me for a second interview with the store's general Manager a few days later. The second "interview" was very brief, not more than five minutes. I was basically just asked to introduce myself, and was then told that I had the job as long as I passed a background check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Algonquin, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Algonquin, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores in July 2014.

I have an up coming interview on Tuesday, and wanted a few tips, and I see by reading the interview process is pretty simple. I also noticed that very few were subject to background checks and some hired on the spot........is this a common practice or do they background check for a higher position such as cash office?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Heights, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Heights, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores in July 2014.

I applied about a month before I was contacted and asked to meet the following week. I met with the distric manager and he asked some simple questions and told me to come back 2 days later to meet with store manager. I met with store manager she asked my about 2 questions and said I was hired (pending background check).

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, they just said they offer about minimum wage (8.25)