Ross Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores (Central, TX).

Interview

You interview with one manager and if she likes you, you interview with the store manager. They ask the same questions, typical interview question most all could of been answered if they read the resume they required and the tedious online application. They are very unprofessional behavior, the store manager hardly looks at you and portraits an aura that you are below her and wasting her time. Overall simple experience with unplesant "professionals".

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you, why at my store. ( I have the "." & not the "?" since it was asked as less of a question more as a rude remark)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

Filled out online form and took a personality test. Had one phone interview and then was called in for in person interview. The interview was a tour of the store and explanation of expectations and a sit down interview asking about experience and skills that were being brought to the job. Did background check and was hired one day later.

Interview Questions

• What makes good customer service and bad customer service. What would you do if you saw a fellow employee take a very small item .   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and 30 mins later they called to schedule an interview. I was interviewed with 2 managers they were very friendly and it lasted around 10 mins. They asked by availability and what departments I would like to work if hired. It was very simple and no questions were asked that I didn't expect. They said if hired they would call the next 2 days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores (Lincoln, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

They had called me in around a week and asked me to come in two days afterwards. I was brought over to the backroom and just asked a few simple questions that you usually expect from retail, what would you do if a customer was angry, what would you call suspicious behavior, how would you respond to suspicious behavior, just simple stuff.

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores (Long Beach, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and just within a day or two I received a call from the store manager asking me to come in on a Wednesday and was also able to reschedule to a time I could come in. One of the cashiers came and I told her that I was here for an interview and gladly showed me the way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ross Stores (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

I Applied on line to various stores and positions .. Called the stores a few days later.. Interviewed with manager and assistant manager same day for me ... They called back and offered a job and I accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was simple. I applied online which was pretty much just submitting a resume. Then I waited 3 days until I received a phone call asking me to come in that very same day. I had to wash my clothes so I asked for the next day and was giving an interview time for 10:00 a.m.

Interview Questions

• I Was Asked When Was There a Time That I Had To Show My Leadership Skills?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores (Bakersfield, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application, I received a call from the manager about a week or two weeks afterwards. She conducted an over the phone interview. It was about 5 minutes long and she asked about my availability and education level. She also asked typical questions such as why do you want to work here and what’s an important aspect of this job.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I applied online and later received an email to attend a hiring event. I had to wait a while before receiving the email, maybe because I applied online. The day of the interview, there was a wait list, and they would call people to a one-on-one interview. It was very easy, straight forward questions. The person interviewing was very friendly and was filling out a worksheet during the interview. I didn't get the job because the interview was actually for an opening store so they needed flexible schedules.

Interview Questions

• Who is the most dependable worker you know How many times is it okay to be late Why do you want to work at Ross   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rome, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores (Rome, GA).

Interview

Applied on-line, received a call a month later saying they wanted me to come in for a interview. Told me the day and time. Interview was easy, the person interviewing didn't know a head of time what I had applied for and had to ask me. Also some of the questions she asked was on the printed paper in front of her, standard questions. I was never told what the pay was, just what the hours were. She did tell me what was involved with the position and that they had a time frame that it all had to be done by. Interview lasted about 20 minutes. At the end of the Interview, I was told that they had a couple of more people to interview that day and I would hear something by the following Monday. It has been about 3 weeks and I have not received any call from them about the job as they said I would.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a customer come to you very upset, if so what would you do? If asked, would you finish up someone else's work that they didn't finish?   1 Answer