Ross Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Rome, GA
Anonymous Employee in Rome, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores.

Applied on-line, received a call a month later saying they wanted me to come in for a interview. Told me the day and time. Interview was easy, the person interviewing didn't know a head of time what I had applied for and had to ask me. Also some of the questions she asked was on the printed paper in front of her, standard questions. I was never told what the pay was, just what the hours were. She did tell me what was involved with the position and that they had a time frame that it all had to be done by. Interview lasted about 20 minutes. At the end of the Interview, I was told that they had a couple of more people to interview that day and I would hear something by the following Monday. It has been about 3 weeks and I have not received any call from them about the job as they said I would.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever had a customer come to you very upset, if so what would you do?
    If asked, would you finish up someone else's work that they didn't finish?

View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ross Stores.

The interview was very quiet, the interviewer was very objective. I felt very comfortable and safe. However, the same day I was called to start working. A very good place to work, while paying very little for the hard work it is.

Interview Questions
    • the interview questions were basically the same as everyone does, for which reason I would like to work there, how you react before a stressful situation, which the most important things for me, and the days available for work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ross Stores in March 2015.

Very easy and simple. The Interview last 10minutes. It was a group interview. Very simple questions as How i would handle a situation in which a customer is acting suspicious or pocketing merchandise? and also tell about myself and my future goals.

Interview Questions
    • How would I handle a situation in which the customer is acting suspicious or pocketi g merchandise!   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ross Stores in February 2015.

The quickest interview I ever had. Im not surprised though, the turnover rate is so high and pay is so low, they are desperate for any employees they can get.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores in February 2015.

It was very easy questions. The manger was very nice. She was honest with me about my responsiblities and expectation. She was clear about the salary. The whole interview took about fifteen minutes. The whole process was very easy. She said they will run a background check and they will call me back. Two days later they called

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you see coworker steal   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ross Stores in February 2015.

The first interview is a one on one interview with a manager. I was accepted to do a second interview with another manager. They asked easy questions in my opinion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores in February 2015.

I'm a teenager and this is my first real job. So, just like anyone with their first real job opportunity, I was nervous. I saw the Ad on Craigslist and Careerbuilders.com that showed there was going to be a job fair on Saturday and it explained I should apply at Ross.com. I tried to go to Ross beforehand to meet the managers (cause I had no idea what they would be like) and they seemed neutral. The hiring manager, though, was very sweet and told me about how she'd love to see me during the job fair. So I went, and I had to wait about 30 minutes because the second manager/hiring manager wasn't there on time. I finally got called up and went in for my interview. This hiring manager (different from the first) was extremely down to earth and nice. He kept saying my name wrong and I'd correct him politely and he apologized and you could tell he was serious about it. He asked me a few questions and was very happy to see that I wanted to grow in the business (I want to become a manager when I grow up) and told me about what would happen next in the hiring process. He remembered my name and I was excited cause I've read that's a good sign. I got an email later saying that I was hired and then I did my paperwork the next day. I start on monday, so the whole process took about 2 weeks at most.

Interview Questions
    • What's your definition of "dependable" and how is someone a dependable person?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores in January 2015.

I put in an application on Wednesday and received a call on Thursday to set up an interview for Friday afternoon. Interview was pretty straightforward and asked questions regarding past work experuence and how it pertained to the position in which I was applying. There were also about 5 situational questions that were all pretty simple. The interviewer went over the policies abd what the company stood for. I was offerred the position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

Hours were not guaranteed. Was only part time at minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores.

Dress nicely. Smile. Remember its ALL about CUSTOMER SERVICE! Loss prevention is all about 'customer service' also... Make sure all customers feel welcomed, yet are aware you are paying attention to what theyre doing. SMILE & say "Hi" to anyone within 10 feet. Remember that this job is not for lazy people, so show a little excitement at interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw someone acting suspiciously or pocketing merchandise?   View Answer
    No negotiations. Flexible availability, minimum wage, part time, period. Weekend availability is important.

Sales Associate Interview

The hireing prosses was considerably short. I think this was mainly due to me applyin during the holiday season. The intervewer was most concerned with my availabilty to work; being able to work on Sunday was a major plus. I was offered the job right on the spot.