Ross Stores

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.0

Seasonal Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ross Stores.

I received a call from them not long after applying and they asked to set up an interview. I went in a couple days later and was first interviewed by the assistant manager. After, the store manager came in and spoke with me and there was one question that she said she asks in all her interviews. "Describe yourself in one word"..other than that it was mostly general interview questions.

Interview Questions
  • How well do you work in a team?
    What would you do if a customer was upset with something in the store?

Answer Question
Since this was my first job I didn't really negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ross Stores in May 2014.

Put in application for a part time associate, was called about three days after and asked to come in later that day. After going through the basic questions like "what can you bring to the company" , "what do you expect to do?", and about my prior experience in retail, and other miscellaneous questions, I was then told I would have a background check put in, and a week later I started orientation, and then work itself.

Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores in December 2012.

They were really unprofessional. The interview was supposed to start at 4 but they all of a sudden held a meeting last minute. So I waited for about 30 mins. To even get the interview I had to keep calling them cause I really need a job. They interviewed me and told me they would call Tuesday for a background check. The Hiring manager lied, and didn't call. I actually called the store & the hiring manger was said I wasn't familiar to her and lied again said she'd call me back. I'm actually I glad they didn't call me back, I wouldn't want to work for someone like that. That store was run down.

Interview Questions
    • What have you learned from school that can help you get this job?   View Answer