Ross Stores

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Napa, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in October 2012.

Interview Details – They called me over the phone and asked if I was available anytime. When I agreed they hired me

Interview Question – Nothing. They didn't even ask any questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Very Easy Interview

Kirkland, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in July 2013.

Interview Details – One of my friends was working for Ross and introduced me to the store manager. but my friend told me first i should apply online. Then I went to Ross and have a quick and nice chat about 10 min with manager. and that's it.

Interview Question – Actually there were not any. And the key point to this kind of hiring is " one of my friends" . If you know someone then you get the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told the manager that" I am ready to work in any position" ( because I desperately want the job) and that was a mistake. She gave me the worse position in Ross (stock associate)

Stock Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details – The manager who interviewed me made me feel welcome and that being done i wasnt nervous at all. She asked the usual questions in a job inteview, i answered jn a professional way and always have eye contact. Im glad that the manager shows that she agrees with my answers and even share her personal thoughts on her own questions.

Interview Question – How will u deal with a co-worker that si cheating or stealing?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Ross Stores

Interview Details – Very basic interview process. I interviewed with the store manager and once I was hired met everyone else. They obviously make you fill out all the paperwork that is required within your state and once that is processed you go through some training videos. It is very simple and easy to go through

Stock Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in February 2012.

Interview Details – This took 3 - 4 weeks from first phone call to the final employment. 2 separate interviews as well as 2 phone interviews. One interviewer was positive, the other extremely negative and demeaning. I was hoping this second person was just having a bad day, but my impression of this person on that first day has proven to be consistent. Not organized, expectations were not clear, not good training, not good scheduling. If you need a job, it's a job.

Interview Questions

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!