Ross Stores

Updated Jan 25, 2015

2.8

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores in December 2014.

Applied on line, received a call from a store manager to schedule a phone interview for the following week. The morning of the interview received a call from the store manager stating "We'll have to reschedule the interview, corporate people are in town and I won't even be in my store." A couple days later had brief phone interview, basic screening questions. A week later received a call from ANOTHER store manager to schedule a face to face interview. Went to the store manager's store, he asked basic scripted questions off a generic form, wrote down answers. He said they needed to hire a manager quickly and he would talk to his DM and they would notify me within a couple days. Received a generic rejection email the next day. Why is a large company letting their store managers hire for their same position? From what the store manager told me about his background in the interview it sounded like I had more experience than he did. Does Ross have an HR department, doesn't sound like it. Sounds like the patients are running the asylum at Ross.

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source – interviewed at Ross Stores.

I was promoted from an ASM position to a full-time store manager via the college recruit process. The process was quick and relatively easy. Ross is a great company headed for big things.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ross Stores in April 2014.

Initial communication was courteous and prompt. DM conducting the interview was very professional and spoke highly of the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ross Stores in January 2014.

Store manager who interviewed me was actually interviewing herself. Could not stop talking about herself and seemed to not want to be there. Very unprofessional,never shook my hand goodbye or said it was nice meeting you I have interviewed many people in my life and this was terrible! Who hired her? She said she had been there a short time and had a lot of grocery background! So you better have grocery background to sell clothes!!!

Interview Questions
    • Why was I selected to be downsized and other manager stayed   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Interview process was long. I interviewed 7 times with multiple Dms.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores.

process is fairly quick and easy... hardest part is personality assessment, its a pass or fail to next step

Interview Questions
    • questions are multiple answers so really have to think before you answer, there a few good answers so have to identify the best   Answer Question
    not much negotiation...they state the salary range early on.. so it is a take it or leave it

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview with the District Manager then a second interview with the Zone Human Resources Manager then a third interview with the Zone Director then a fourth interview with the Zone Loss Prevention Manager

Very little room to negotiate salary usually comes from previous experience

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ross Stores.

You will get interviewed by the Store Manager first. If that goes well, your next interview will be with the District Manager followed by someone from Human Resources. Your final interview will be with the Regional Vice President.

Interview Questions
    • Explain in detail how you advance the careers of people that have worked for you.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores in January 2013.

Recruited by my former DM to come work for them as a SM. The process is lengthy and includes multiple interviews all the way up to the RVP. I've been given a contingent offer based on the results of the background, which I'm not concerned about. However, it's been almost a month from the first interview and I'm still waiting to hear something, tho my DM assures me everything is ok.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilroy, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilroy, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ross Stores in November 2012.

DM -> HR -> ZD -> RVP

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. first sm position