Ross Stores Store Manager Interview Questions

2.9

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ross Stores in April 2014.

Initial communication was courteous and prompt. DM conducting the interview was very professional and spoke highly of the company.

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Ross Stores in January 2014.

Store manager who interviewed me was actually interviewing herself. Could not stop talking about herself and seemed to not want to be there. Very unprofessional,never shook my hand goodbye or said it was nice meeting you I have interviewed many people in my life and this was terrible! Who hired her? She said she had been there a short time and had a lot of grocery background! So you better have grocery background to sell clothes!!!

Interview Questions
    • Why was I selected to be downsized and other manager stayed   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Interview process was long. I interviewed 7 times with multiple Dms.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores.

process is fairly quick and easy... hardest part is personality assessment, its a pass or fail to next step

Interview Questions
    • questions are multiple answers so really have to think before you answer, there a few good answers so have to identify the best   Answer Question
    not much negotiation...they state the salary range early on.. so it is a take it or leave it

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ross Stores.

You will get interviewed by the Store Manager first. If that goes well, your next interview will be with the District Manager followed by someone from Human Resources. Your final interview will be with the Regional Vice President.

Interview Questions
    • Explain in detail how you advance the careers of people that have worked for you.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview with the District Manager then a second interview with the Zone Human Resources Manager then a third interview with the Zone Director then a fourth interview with the Zone Loss Prevention Manager

Very little room to negotiate salary usually comes from previous experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in September 2009.

The interview process at store manager and assistant store manager levels can be daunting. You interview with multiple people, sometimes over the phone. Ross interviews are very structured. Every applicant is asked the same basic question by each person. Additional questions are based on responses to gather more information about the candidate. Associate applicants are interviewed by the store manager and assistant store manager. Again the interview format is pretty structured.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was quite simple. "How many days would you say it is acceptable to be absent in 1 month?" A very direct question that you did not think you would be asked.   View Answer
    Negotiations were pretty simple. I was asked what my ideal salary would be during the interview. When the offer was made they gave me their best offer. I did of counter the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fontana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in July 2009.

phone interview and then one on one interview

Interview Questions
    • have you ever known anyone to steal at your workplace and what did you do about it   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gilroy, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilroy, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ross Stores in November 2012.

DM -> HR -> ZD -> RVP

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. first sm position

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in January 2013.

Recruited by my former DM to come work for them as a SM. The process is lengthy and includes multiple interviews all the way up to the RVP. I've been given a contingent offer based on the results of the background, which I'm not concerned about. However, it's been almost a month from the first interview and I'm still waiting to hear something, tho my DM assures me everything is ok.

Interview Questions

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!