Ross Stores

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pasadena, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Ross Stores in June 2014.

Interview Details – I went in for the first initial interview at the Burbank location then was taken to interview to be a part of the Pasadena location. It's been two weeks since then and they still haven't finished my background check.

Interview Question – They had a lot of math questions on the application. What is 3/4 of 1/2? And others where you have to find the the pattern in the line of numbers   View Answer

Negotiation Details – But I'm still waiting on the background check to go through so that I can go to orientation. It's been 2 weeks, I've been emailing back and forth and they said that my background check is incomplete, so now I'm waiting for a response from HR.

Very Easy Interview

Buford, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ross Stores in May 2013.

Interview Details – it was simple i was asked questions on the phone and a week later called in for a interview and about 2 weeks like started

Interview Question – what to do during a bank robbery   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really isnt any negotiations

Killeen, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Ross Stores in May 2012.

Interview Details – It was a group interview with three other individuals. Many questions about past security experience were asked. We then did role playing about potential scenarios that might take place in the position to which we were applying for. It took about an hour for the whole process. Overall it was not to tedious or stressful because of the way it was preformed in a group.

Interview Questions

• In your past jobs, did you ever catch anyone stealing merchandise or materials.   Answer Question
  • If you were to see a customer bolt out the door with unpaid merchandise, what would you do?   View Answer

Novato, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ross Stores in February 2011.

Interview Details – My first interview was with an assistant manager, who basically gave me a couple situational questions like "why do you want to work here?" and "How would you make Ross grow as a whole?". I was a little nervous, and she could tell, so she told me for the real interview with the main manager, to sound more confident. Two days later I was interviewed with the main manager, and took the advice and ended up doing well. The manager decided I was more fit to work as a sales associate, and after a background check, she hired me.

Interview Question – How would Ross benefit from you working here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation, but I didn't really try anyway.

Store Protection Specialist

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in May 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got call from hiring manager. 1:1 interview with store management. Next day 1:1 interview with ALPM. General LP interview questions. Received offer 1 week later after pay had been approved.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They will low ball you HARD CORE. If you really know your ftuff you can get a decent wage from Ross

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!