Roswell Park Cancer Institute Interview Questions & Reviews

4 interviews

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Roswell Park Cancer Institute in July 2011.

I applied online on the university career site. Within a couple of weeks I was notified via email of my selection for the interview process.

Initial round was an informal chat with the IT department HR regarding my current course, previous employment and the kind of opportunity I was seeking.

Post this; I was selected for a 1 on 1 interview with the Director of IT team. The interview started with a casual chat, followed by detailed question about my previous work experience and situation based questions on my previous job. This was accompanied by another round of behavioral questions. The entire process lasted an hour and I felt at ease with the approach that the IT director had taken

After this, there was a wait time of 4-5 days and I was called for the final round with the panel. This was a more technical setting as there were folks from the application teams. It was a 4 member team, where 2 of them would ask questions in a sequential pattern while the other 2 members were poised as keen observers with occasional nodding.

The round consisted of a detail review of different sections of my resume and a deep dive into my previous projects and the role I played. This was intermixed with some technical evaluations based on the skill set I had on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to represent the application architecture on my previous project, with a simple diagram that someone with no background in it could understand   View Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Roswell Park Cancer Institute in May 2011.

Two interviews. Fist with 4 panel hiring commitee; second with department manager and direct supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were open ended. One question I remember: if I took everything away from you what three things would you want back.   View Answer
    Easy; ask for what you want. If they really want you they will agree.

Research Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Roswell Park Cancer Institute.

I was selected for a scholarship apprenticeship that turned into a full time job. Its a great place for opportunities.

Clinical Support Assistant Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Roswell Park Cancer Institute in February 2012.

Very personal interview, but the best interview I've had in a while. I was actually able to sit in with the other woman who would be my counterpart and see exactly what i would be doign a a daily bases. Very transparent in what i would be doign versus other interviews where you are going around in circles with no clear idea of what you willa ctually be doing.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Roswell Park Cancer Institute

Worked for Roswell Park Cancer Institute? Contribute to the Community!