Rothschild

Updated Nov 14, 2014
Updated Nov 14, 2014

3.5

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

They asked your basic technical questions. Seemed friendly and genuinely interested in hiring you. Asked a few fit questions and pretty much asked all the typical interview questions one would expect.

Other Interview Reviews for Rothschild

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Rothschild in October 2012.

I was a non traditional recruiting school so my first interview was a phone interview. Within a week they invited me up to their superday. There was a cocktail hour the night before and in the morning continental breakfast followed by 4 1on1 interviews with different levels of employees.

Interview Questions
    • different methods to identifying synergies and how each affect the different statements.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rothschild in November 2014.

First round interview for 2015 GFA. 30-min interview and 30-min numerical test at Rothschild's offices.

Interview experience varies hugely depending on who you get. There were 2 groups of us, each group had one HR rep and one Associate. The ones in my group got mainly competency based questions, whereas the ones in the other group had technical questions including LBO, brain-teasers etc.

Numerical test - They say you have 30 mins but in reality you have about 10-15mins for 20 questions (standard SHL type). Most of us did not finish on time.

Second round interview - Interview with a panel of bankers and a solo presentation.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Rothschild in May 2012.

Applied on-line. Through School's career website. The position is at Shanghai , I simply just submitted my resume and cover letter, got an email when I was in Tokyo, arranged a phone interview next week accordingly, the guy who interviewed me had like 9 years banking experiences straight, the whole process was quite difficult, there is no DCF or accounting or valuation, directly started from "walk me through a M&A, walk me through a LBO".

Interview Questions
    • Really technical heavy, most unexpected question is "tell me which line is the circular reference"   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Rothschild in December 2011.

Numerical and logic reasoning tests - one hour each, performed in the training suite in the office

First round interview - with member of HR and investment banking associate

Final round interview - with member of HR and MD

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions in HR interview why do you want to do this, what do you know about us, do you know what you're getting yourself in for, why don't you do consultancy instead?

Technical interview, can you explain the purpose of trading / trans comps, how do you perform them, what are their advantages / disadvantages? how else would you value a company? What excel shortcuts do you know?

Answer Question