Rothschild & Sons Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

4 interviews

3.7

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

They asked your basic technical questions. Seemed friendly and genuinely interested in hiring you. Asked a few fit questions and pretty much asked all the typical interview questions one would expect.

Other Interview Reviews for Rothschild & Sons

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Rothschild & Sons in October 2012.

I was a non traditional recruiting school so my first interview was a phone interview. Within a week they invited me up to their superday. There was a cocktail hour the night before and in the morning continental breakfast followed by 4 1on1 interviews with different levels of employees.

Interview Questions
    • different methods to identifying synergies and how each affect the different statements.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Rothschild & Sons in December 2011.

Numerical and logic reasoning tests - one hour each, performed in the training suite in the office

First round interview - with member of HR and investment banking associate

Final round interview - with member of HR and MD

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions in HR interview why do you want to do this, what do you know about us, do you know what you're getting yourself in for, why don't you do consultancy instead?

Technical interview, can you explain the purpose of trading / trans comps, how do you perform them, what are their advantages / disadvantages? how else would you value a company? What excel shortcuts do you know?
        Answer Question
    Little scope for negotiation

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Rothschild & Sons in May 2012.

Applied on-line. Through School's career website. The position is at Shanghai , I simply just submitted my resume and cover letter, got an email when I was in Tokyo, arranged a phone interview next week accordingly, the guy who interviewed me had like 9 years banking experiences straight, the whole process was quite difficult, there is no DCF or accounting or valuation, directly started from "walk me through a M&A, walk me through a LBO".

Interview Questions
    • Really technical heavy, most unexpected question is "tell me which line is the circular reference"   Answer Question

Worked for Rothschild & Sons? Contribute to the Community!