Rothstein Kass Interview Questions

2.4

Tax Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Rothstein Kass (Beverly Hills, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

email resume, call from hr, call from hiring mgr, no offer

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in September 2010.

Interview

It was a basic first round interview. The interviewer was very nice and didn't ask too many difficult questions.

Audit Senior Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rothstein Kass (Dallas, TX) in October 2007.

Interview

basic

Interview Questions

• no hard questions. just communication   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2009.

Interview

Was invited to a on-the-site company tour/networking event the day before. Went in for an interview at the university recruiting center and was asked questions regarding my experiences on the resume. We also talked a lot about the firm culture and specialty (hedge funds!!!) They are very proud of their company, and very specialized in the financial services industry. You aren't required to be well-versed in finance, but it will help. Also, the training is excellent, and make sure to be engaged about their familial company culture, which my interviewer pointed out as the number 1 best thing about the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about this past job experience on your resume.   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2008.

Interview

First round interview at a school with a senior auditor. Then I was called into the main office where I interviewed with 3 people, 1 of which was human resources. Then got taken out to a lunch and an office tour. I had to wait a couple of week until they called me to give me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really hard was asked.   1 Answer

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2009.

Interview

It consisted of resume and cover letter. there were on campus interviews then second round intervews at the office with about three diferent people. it was difficult but no more dificult than any other accounting firm

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2010.

Interview

they focus on soft skills rather than technical. they want the right personalities to join their firm, someone who they see would make partners down the road and be able to bring in business.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

signing bonus

Audit Staff I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Rothstein Kass (Walnut Creek, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied to RK after doing their summer leadership program earlier in college. I emailed the HR manager and they were very friendly in setting up an interview during their on campus interview period. On campus interview was one on one with a Staff auditor from their socal office, took about 2 weeks for them to call back and offer a second round interview at the office I was applying for. I was unable to make their initial desired time period however they were very courteous in postponing until a time that worked for both of us. The second round consisted of three one on one interviews in the office, with two audit managers and a partner, followed by lunch with a staff member. The interviews generally revolved around discussing company culture and the responsibilities of the position, as well as my expectations and why I wanted to join RK and be a CPA. Everyone was very friendly and clearly cared about learning about me personally and whether I would be a good fit, culturally, professionally, and work-ethic wise, for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe, to your understanding, what a hedge fund is   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself/ why you want to work with RK   1 Answer

Negotiation

received a call shortly from HR with an offer and accepted promptly, though they said they generally give candidates around two weeks to accept an offer. Terms were already set, not much room for negotiation, however they pay very competitively with very good benefits, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Rothstein Kass' Summer Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rothstein Kass.

Interview

I applied for this position through my school's career network. There were only a few people being interviewed because there were only a few time slots. The interviewer was very casual and nice but did ask me questions regarding my resume and also my leadership skills. The whole interview lasted for about 30 minutes.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Rothstein Kass (Roseland, NJ).

Interview

company screened my resume on campus website and I got an on-site interview. After about 2 weekes, HR called me and gave me my offer. Several days later I received hard copy of offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for RK? What is your interest? Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation