Rothstein Kass

Very Difficult Interview

Tax Manager Interview

Tax Manager
Beverly Hills, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2010.

Interview Details – email resume, call from hr, call from hiring mgr, no offer

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2009.

Interview Details – Was invited to a on-the-site company tour/networking event the day before. Went in for an interview at the university recruiting center and was asked questions regarding my experiences on the resume. We also talked a lot about the firm culture and specialty (hedge funds!!!) They are very proud of their company, and very specialized in the financial services industry. You aren't required to be well-versed in finance, but it will help. Also, the training is excellent, and make sure to be engaged about their familial company culture, which my interviewer pointed out as the number 1 best thing about the company.

Interview Question – Tell me more about this past job experience on your resume.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in September 2010.

Interview Details – It was a basic first round interview. The interviewer was very nice and didn't ask too many difficult questions.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Rothstein Kass' Summer Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rothstein Kass.

Interview Details – I applied for this position through my school's career network. There were only a few people being interviewed because there were only a few time slots. The interviewer was very casual and nice but did ask me questions regarding my resume and also my leadership skills. The whole interview lasted for about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses as a leader?   Answer Question

Audit Senior Interview

Audit Senior
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2007.

Interview Details – basic

Interview Question – no hard questions. just communication   View Answer

Staff Auditor

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2008.

Interview Details – First round interview at a school with a senior auditor. Then I was called into the main office where I interviewed with 3 people, 1 of which was human resources. Then got taken out to a lunch and an office tour. I had to wait a couple of week until they called me to give me an offer.

Interview Question – Nothing really hard was asked.   View Answer

Tax Senior Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in May 2008.

Interview Details – I obtained the referral from a current employee. I spoke with two partners and two human resources representatives who were very friendly and informative. It was an enjoyable experience.

Staff Auditor

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2009.

Interview Details – It consisted of resume and cover letter. there were on campus interviews then second round intervews at the office with about three diferent people. it was difficult but no more dificult than any other accounting firm

Interview Question – some simple accounting questions   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Roseland, NJ

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Rothstein Kass.

Interview Details – company screened my resume on campus website and I got an on-site interview. After about 2 weekes, HR called me and gave me my offer. Several days later I received hard copy of offer letter.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for RK? What is your interest? Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Staff Auditor

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2010.

Interview Details – they focus on soft skills rather than technical. they want the right personalities to join their firm, someone who they see would make partners down the road and be able to bring in business.

Interview Question – what's your reaction when facing conflict   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – signing bonus

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rothstein Kass

Worked for Rothstein Kass? Contribute to the Community!

Rothstein Kass Videos

Rothstein Kass – Why Work for Us?

Rothstein Kass is a premier professional services firm that has served privately held and publicly traded companies, as well as high-net-worth individuals and families, for more than 50 years. As trusted advisors to our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rothstein Kass interview questions and advice. All 32 interview reviews posted anonymously by Rothstein Kass employees and interview candidates.