Rothstein Kass Interview Questions

2.4

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2007.

basic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2009.

very easy going conversation, no tricky questions nothing to throw you off. the lady was very friendly and we just began a natural conversation about the weather and my school and then she asked me about my favorite thing on the resume, and what i would do in an ideal world.

Interview Questions
    • not very difficult... what is your favorite thing on the resume?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2009.

Was invited to a on-the-site company tour/networking event the day before. Went in for an interview at the university recruiting center and was asked questions regarding my experiences on the resume. We also talked a lot about the firm culture and specialty (hedge funds!!!) They are very proud of their company, and very specialized in the financial services industry. You aren't required to be well-versed in finance, but it will help. Also, the training is excellent, and make sure to be engaged about their familial company culture, which my interviewer pointed out as the number 1 best thing about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me more about this past job experience on your resume.   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2008.

First round interview at a school with a senior auditor. Then I was called into the main office where I interviewed with 3 people, 1 of which was human resources. Then got taken out to a lunch and an office tour. I had to wait a couple of week until they called me to give me an offer.

Senior Accountant Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in January 2010.

It is easy. Talk and smile alot, act laid back and you are in. Act to serious and you have no chance.

Interview Questions
    Only negotiate the position. Salary was predetermined. If you have other offers, make a paper airplane with the Rothstein Kass offer and throw it over the Hudson River and watch it fly , fly away. It will be the best decision you ever made. Heed my words.

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in September 2010.

It was a basic first round interview. The interviewer was very nice and didn't ask too many difficult questions.

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in September 2010.

Mock Interview

Easy Going Lady asking everything on your resume.
    Extra Questions:
    1. If something could have done to change your past, what do you want to change?
    2. Why do you choose that college?
    3. What will you do on the weekends? (describe in detail)

Advice:
    1. Maybe it will be better if you could talk sth about hedge funds, which is what they famous for.

Accounting Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Everyone here is very welcoming. I had an on-campus interview which was very relaxed. They mostly went over your resume, why you were interesting in their company, and if you had any questions for them. Definitely go prepared as to why you would rather work for a mid-market accounting firm than a Big Four firm.

Tax Senior Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in May 2008.

I obtained the referral from a current employee. I spoke with two partners and two human resources representatives who were very friendly and informative. It was an enjoyable experience.

Tax Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2010.

email resume, call from hr, call from hiring mgr, no offer