Rothstein Kass Interview Questions

2.4

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2013.

The first step was to be contacted by an experienced recruiter at a local Consulting Firm. The next step required the completion of an application. Afterwards, an in-person interview was conducted with two different partners separately and then with a senior manager. The interviews required good listening skills and the ability to ask good questions. It also required being able to explain why one would be a good fit for the company.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Rothstein Kass.

company screened my resume on campus website and I got an on-site interview. After about 2 weekes, HR called me and gave me my offer. Several days later I received hard copy of offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for RK? What is your interest? Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Accounting Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in September 2010.

Everyone here is very welcoming. I had an on-campus interview which was very relaxed. They mostly went over your resume, why you were interesting in their company, and if you had any questions for them. Definitely go prepared as to why you would rather work for a mid-market accounting firm than a Big Four firm.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beverly Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2011.

First round interview was on campus 2 weeks ago. I told them I needed to hear back quickly for school purposes. A week later, got a call saying I was invited to 2nd rounds in the office. They asked me to come back this week (today). Went in and had 5 back-to-back interviews. 3 managers, a partner, and an HR person. Everyone was super chill and the whole process was very laid back. Behavioral Qs in the first round, 2nd round was just getting to know you (I didn't get behavioral questions at all). Got a call tonight with my offer and accepted.

Interview Questions
    Didn't even try-dont negotiate internship pay!

Senior Accountant Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in January 2010.

It is easy. Talk and smile alot, act laid back and you are in. Act to serious and you have no chance.

Interview Questions
    Only negotiate the position. Salary was predetermined. If you have other offers, make a paper airplane with the Rothstein Kass offer and throw it over the Hudson River and watch it fly , fly away. It will be the best decision you ever made. Heed my words.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in August 2010.

They do superdays, which is 5 half hour interviews. One is a walking tour, one is a casual conversation, and the other three just get to know you. Some basic questions, some interesting questions. Based on who the interviewer is.HR is great and they are extremely good at what they do.

Interview Questions
    • How well do you know how to use excel, what types of coding do you know? I don't think they expected enormous amounts, but it was unexpected for them to ask.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I accepted what was offered.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in April 2010.

very easy and relaxed

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in March 2012.

The interviewer was friendly and easy going - I was asked about things on my resume, why do you want to work for them and what you are expecting from this job. It lasted about 10 minutes and ended with good impression.

Know your resume, feel comfortable to talk about yourself, smile and be positive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in August 2008.

very professional and good impression (albeit a false one), office environment was very good, good description of benefits and salary, recruiter was pleasant, clear discussion of job duties as well as the industry

Interview Questions
    not much with salary, "take it or leave it" mentality

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Walnut Creek, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2012.

Applied online through campus Career Services website. On campus interview was a 1-on-1 interview with a person from the firm. The first round interview was very easy going and conversational. Was invited to a second round interview at the office, which was 4 interviews with various Associates, Seniors, and Managers. Again, the interviews were very conversional, with maybe 1 or 2 behavioral type questions total (across all 4 interviews). Overall it was a very pleasant experience, all people I had contact with were extremely friendly and easy to talk with.

Interview Questions
    • Why Rothstein Kass?
      Why Audit?
      Describe a time when you demonstrated leadership.
        Answer Question