Rothstein Kass

Updated Jul 15, 2014
Updated Jul 15, 2014

2.4

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2009.

Was invited to a on-the-site company tour/networking event the day before. Went in for an interview at the university recruiting center and was asked questions regarding my experiences on the resume. We also talked a lot about the firm culture and specialty (hedge funds!!!) They are very proud of their company, and very specialized in the financial services industry. You aren't required to be well-versed in finance, but it will help. Also, the training is excellent, and make sure to be engaged about their familial company culture, which my interviewer pointed out as the number 1 best thing about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me more about this past job experience on your resume.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2009.

very easy going conversation, no tricky questions nothing to throw you off. the lady was very friendly and we just began a natural conversation about the weather and my school and then she asked me about my favorite thing on the resume, and what i would do in an ideal world.

Interview Questions
    • not very difficult... what is your favorite thing on the resume?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in August 2008.

very professional and good impression (albeit a false one), office environment was very good, good description of benefits and salary, recruiter was pleasant, clear discussion of job duties as well as the industry

Interview Questions
    not much with salary, "take it or leave it" mentality

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2007.

basic

Tax Staff Interview

Submit application through school career center, invited to on-campus Interview, then second round for office visit.

Interview Questions
    • Casual environment, asked how can contribute to the company.   Answer Question

Rothstein Kass' Summer Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rothstein Kass.

I applied for this position through my school's career network. There were only a few people being interviewed because there were only a few time slots. The interviewer was very casual and nice but did ask me questions regarding my resume and also my leadership skills. The whole interview lasted for about 30 minutes.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in March 2012.

The interviewer was friendly and easy going - I was asked about things on my resume, why do you want to work for them and what you are expecting from this job. It lasted about 10 minutes and ended with good impression.

Know your resume, feel comfortable to talk about yourself, smile and be positive.

Tax Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2011.

I was interviewed by someone from HR. The interview process was very easy going. The interviewer was very warm and welcoming. The work culture seemed as if it would be great.

Staff Auditor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2010.

The first round took place at my university. It was very straight forward. The initial interviewer was basically looking to see if your personality would fit into her company's corporate culture. After about a week I received a call from HR informing me that they would like to invite me in for a second round. The second round consisted of an office tour with an associate, an interview with a manager (basic behavioral questions were asked) and two separate HR interviews.

Tip the interviewee - Be well informed about the position you're interviewing for and try to leverage your strengths towards that position when answering questions.

Interview Questions
    None. Standard package was offered. However this company does pay overtime!

Staff Auditor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2010.

they focus on soft skills rather than technical. they want the right personalities to join their firm, someone who they see would make partners down the road and be able to bring in business.

signing bonus