Rothstein Kass

Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Accountant Interview

Tax Accountant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in September 2010.

Interview Details – Mock Interview

Easy Going Lady asking everything on your resume.
Extra Questions:
1. If something could have done to change your past, what do you want to change?
2. Why do you choose that college?
3. What will you do on the weekends? (describe in detail)

Advice:
1. Maybe it will be better if you could talk sth about hedge funds, which is what they famous for.

Interview Question – Why do you choose that college?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2009.

Interview Details – Was invited to a on-the-site company tour/networking event the day before. Went in for an interview at the university recruiting center and was asked questions regarding my experiences on the resume. We also talked a lot about the firm culture and specialty (hedge funds!!!) They are very proud of their company, and very specialized in the financial services industry. You aren't required to be well-versed in finance, but it will help. Also, the training is excellent, and make sure to be engaged about their familial company culture, which my interviewer pointed out as the number 1 best thing about the company.

Interview Question – Tell me more about this past job experience on your resume.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Beverly Hills, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2009.

Interview Details – very easy going conversation, no tricky questions nothing to throw you off. the lady was very friendly and we just began a natural conversation about the weather and my school and then she asked me about my favorite thing on the resume, and what i would do in an ideal world.

Interview Question – not very difficult... what is your favorite thing on the resume?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Audit Senior Interview

Audit Senior
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2007.

Interview Details – basic

Interview Question – no hard questions. just communication   View Answer

Tax Staff Interview

Tax Staff

Interviewed at Rothstein Kass

Interview Details – Submit application through school career center, invited to on-campus Interview, then second round for office visit.

Interview Question – Casual environment, asked how can contribute to the company.   Answer Question

Rothstein Kass' Summer Leadership Program Interview

Rothstein Kass' Summer Leadership Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rothstein Kass.

Interview Details – I applied for this position through my school's career network. There were only a few people being interviewed because there were only a few time slots. The interviewer was very casual and nice but did ask me questions regarding my resume and also my leadership skills. The whole interview lasted for about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses as a leader?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewer was friendly and easy going - I was asked about things on my resume, why do you want to work for them and what you are expecting from this job. It lasted about 10 minutes and ended with good impression.

Know your resume, feel comfortable to talk about yourself, smile and be positive.

Interview Question – What are you expecting to gain from this position?   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Staff Auditor

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2010.

Interview Details – they focus on soft skills rather than technical. they want the right personalities to join their firm, someone who they see would make partners down the road and be able to bring in business.

Interview Question – what's your reaction when facing conflict   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – signing bonus

Tax Interview

Tax

The process took a day - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by someone from HR. The interview process was very easy going. The interviewer was very warm and welcoming. The work culture seemed as if it would be great.

Interview Question – Why did you choose RK?   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Staff Auditor

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2009.

Interview Details – It consisted of resume and cover letter. there were on campus interviews then second round intervews at the office with about three diferent people. it was difficult but no more dificult than any other accounting firm

Interview Question – some simple accounting questions   Answer Question