Rothstein Kass Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.5

Accounting Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rothstein Kass (Austin, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

Everyone here is very welcoming. I had an on-campus interview which was very relaxed. They mostly went over your resume, why you were interesting in their company, and if you had any questions for them. Definitely go prepared as to why you would rather work for a mid-market accounting firm than a Big Four firm.

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2010.

Interview

The first round took place at my university. It was very straight forward. The initial interviewer was basically looking to see if your personality would fit into her company's corporate culture. After about a week I received a call from HR informing me that they would like to invite me in for a second round. The second round consisted of an office tour with an associate, an interview with a manager (basic behavioral questions were asked) and two separate HR interviews. Tip the interviewee - Be well informed about the position you're interviewing for and try to leverage your strengths towards that position when answering questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Standard package was offered. However this company does pay overtime!

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in January 2010.

Interview

It is easy. Talk and smile alot, act laid back and you are in. Act to serious and you have no chance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Only negotiate the position. Salary was predetermined. If you have other offers, make a paper airplane with the Rothstein Kass offer and throw it over the Hudson River and watch it fly , fly away. It will be the best decision you ever made. Heed my words.

Internship-Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rothstein Kass (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Alumini came to ask and pretty friendly. The question about Why did I choose my college ? And why I choose RK?...Why I want this job? My teamwork...and my financial internship before. The most important is to fit its company culture and show that you are energetic !

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in March 2012.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly and easy going - I was asked about things on my resume, why do you want to work for them and what you are expecting from this job. It lasted about 10 minutes and ended with good impression. Know your resume, feel comfortable to talk about yourself, smile and be positive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rothstein Kass (Roseland, NJ) in August 2008.

Interview

very professional and good impression (albeit a false one), office environment was very good, good description of benefits and salary, recruiter was pleasant, clear discussion of job duties as well as the industry

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for RK?   1 Answer

Negotiation

not much with salary, "take it or leave it" mentality

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rothstein Kass (Walnut Creek, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online through campus Career Services website. On campus interview was a 1-on-1 interview with a person from the firm. The first round interview was very easy going and conversational. Was invited to a second round interview at the office, which was 4 interviews with various Associates, Seniors, and Managers. Again, the interviews were very conversional, with maybe 1 or 2 behavioral type questions total (across all 4 interviews). Overall it was a very pleasant experience, all people I had contact with were extremely friendly and easy to talk with.

Interview Questions

• Why Rothstein Kass? Why Audit? Describe a time when you demonstrated leadership.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rothstein Kass (Beverly Hills, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

very easy going conversation, no tricky questions nothing to throw you off. the lady was very friendly and we just began a natural conversation about the weather and my school and then she asked me about my favorite thing on the resume, and what i would do in an ideal world.

Interview Questions

• not very difficult... what is your favorite thing on the resume?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rothstein Kass (Roseland, NJ) in December 2010.

Interview

met with HR first and interviewed with senior managers and principals

SLP Interview

Interview

I applied online, submitted my resume, and was selected for an on campus interview. It is very important to network with the professionals before the application process. This allows them to receive your resume beforehand and helps them remember you as they are going through applications. There was only one round of interviews for the SLP. It was very casual, not very many behavioral questions. Mostly questions regarding personal/professional background--mainly to get to know you.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the typical "greatest weakness" question. Definitely not unexpected, but that's always a difficult one.   1 Answer