Rothstein Kass

Average Difficulty
36 candidate interviews

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in January 2010.

Interview Details – It is easy. Talk and smile alot, act laid back and you are in. Act to serious and you have no chance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Only negotiate the position. Salary was predetermined. If you have other offers, make a paper airplane with the Rothstein Kass offer and throw it over the Hudson River and watch it fly , fly away. It will be the best decision you ever made. Heed my words.

Tax Accountant Interview

Tax Accountant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in September 2010.

Interview Details – Mock Interview

Easy Going Lady asking everything on your resume.
Extra Questions:
1. If something could have done to change your past, what do you want to change?
2. Why do you choose that college?
3. What will you do on the weekends? (describe in detail)

Advice:
1. Maybe it will be better if you could talk sth about hedge funds, which is what they famous for.

Interview Question – Why do you choose that college?   Answer Question

Accounting Staff Interview

Accounting Staff
Austin, TX

Interview Details – Everyone here is very welcoming. I had an on-campus interview which was very relaxed. They mostly went over your resume, why you were interesting in their company, and if you had any questions for them. Definitely go prepared as to why you would rather work for a mid-market accounting firm than a Big Four firm.

Interview Question – Why Rothstein Kass?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in April 2010.

Interview Details – very easy and relaxed

Interview Question – Why are you interested in Rothstein Kass?   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Staff Auditor

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2010.

Interview Details – The first round took place at my university. It was very straight forward. The initial interviewer was basically looking to see if your personality would fit into her company's corporate culture. After about a week I received a call from HR informing me that they would like to invite me in for a second round. The second round consisted of an office tour with an associate, an interview with a manager (basic behavioral questions were asked) and two separate HR interviews.

Tip the interviewee - Be well informed about the position you're interviewing for and try to leverage your strengths towards that position when answering questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Standard package was offered. However this company does pay overtime!

Very Easy Interview

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Beverly Hills, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2009.

Interview Details – very easy going conversation, no tricky questions nothing to throw you off. the lady was very friendly and we just began a natural conversation about the weather and my school and then she asked me about my favorite thing on the resume, and what i would do in an ideal world.

Interview Question – not very difficult... what is your favorite thing on the resume?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Roseland, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in December 2010.

Interview Details – met with HR first and interviewed with senior managers and principals

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate

Interviewed at Rothstein Kass

Interview Details – applied through recruiter, get phone interview and then on site interview, interview with two senior and one manager, then accept offer one day after the interview.applied through recruiter, get phone interview and then on site interview, interview with two senior and one manager, then accept offer one day after the interview.

Interview Question – easy interview, not much behavior, just conversational question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation available.

Tax Accountant Interview

Tax Accountant

Interviewed at Rothstein Kass

Interview Details – Talked about my resume. Submitted resume online via school career site and got a phone call from HR after a month. The initial phone interview was nothing but confirming my personal information.

Interview Question – No. It was a nice coversation   Answer Question

SLP Interview

SLP

Interviewed at Rothstein Kass

Interview Details – I applied online, submitted my resume, and was selected for an on campus interview. It is very important to network with the professionals before the application process. This allows them to receive your resume beforehand and helps them remember you as they are going through applications. There was only one round of interviews for the SLP. It was very casual, not very many behavioral questions. Mostly questions regarding personal/professional background--mainly to get to know you.

Interview Question – I was asked the typical "greatest weakness" question. Definitely not unexpected, but that's always a difficult one.   View Answer