Rothstein Kass

Updated Jul 15, 2014

2.4

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in August 2010.

They do superdays, which is 5 half hour interviews. One is a walking tour, one is a casual conversation, and the other three just get to know you. Some basic questions, some interesting questions. Based on who the interviewer is.HR is great and they are extremely good at what they do.

Interview Questions
    • How well do you know how to use excel, what types of coding do you know? I don't think they expected enormous amounts, but it was unexpected for them to ask.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I accepted what was offered.

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in February 2013.

I applied for the position through my school's website and was contacted for an interview the next week. The day before the interview, the firm held a social at their offices. A staff member was tasked with showing the attendees around and when we left the lobby and kitchen areas to see the "production room floor", she told us that this was where the "grunts" worked. Having studied Political Science for my undergraduate degree, I am admittedly very sensitive about being exploited as a worker, so when she called the associates "grunts" I mentally recoiled. After touring the grunt office, we ended up back in the lobby for snacks. That's when the partner-in-charge stepped off the elevator. He was greeted like a rock star. Everyone gathered around him to hear about how he'd broken his ankle playing soccer, how the culture of the firm was the greatest in the land, how accounting was about helping people and how the partner was looking forward to an evening of drinking with the female associates down at his favorite sports bar. When he asked the candidates if we had any questions, one guy who I'd had a few classes with asked, "Everyone here just seems so happy, it's amazing. What's the secret to that?" The answer, of course, was that Rothstein Kass was a wonderful place to work. Then I asked the partner, "What is it that continues to make accounting interesting for you?" How this stumped him, I don't know, but he complained about how he didn't know he'd be the one getting interviewed. My fate was sealed. The head recruiter didn't seem like the type to rock the boat by hiring a potential trouble-maker. When I had my formal interview the next day, the firm was half an hour late to start, no difficult questions were asked and I could tell it was just a formality since the appointment had already been set. When the recruiter emailed me that I had not been selected for a second round interview, I asked whether she'd be willing to give me any feedback about where I fell short. She never responded. The guy who'd asked about the happy people got an offer.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2012.

Applied online through campus Career Services website. On campus interview was a 1-on-1 interview with a person from the firm. The first round interview was very easy going and conversational. Was invited to a second round interview at the office, which was 4 interviews with various Associates, Seniors, and Managers. Again, the interviews were very conversional, with maybe 1 or 2 behavioral type questions total (across all 4 interviews). Overall it was a very pleasant experience, all people I had contact with were extremely friendly and easy to talk with.

Interview Questions
    • Why Rothstein Kass?
      Why Audit?
      Describe a time when you demonstrated leadership.

Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in August 2008.

very professional and good impression (albeit a false one), office environment was very good, good description of benefits and salary, recruiter was pleasant, clear discussion of job duties as well as the industry

Interview Questions
    not much with salary, "take it or leave it" mentality

Rothstein Kass' Summer Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rothstein Kass.

I applied for this position through my school's career network. There were only a few people being interviewed because there were only a few time slots. The interviewer was very casual and nice but did ask me questions regarding my resume and also my leadership skills. The whole interview lasted for about 30 minutes.

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2007.

basic

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Rothstein Kass.

company screened my resume on campus website and I got an on-site interview. After about 2 weekes, HR called me and gave me my offer. Several days later I received hard copy of offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for RK? What is your interest? Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2013.

The first step was to be contacted by an experienced recruiter at a local Consulting Firm. The next step required the completion of an application. Afterwards, an in-person interview was conducted with two different partners separately and then with a senior manager. The interviews required good listening skills and the ability to ask good questions. It also required being able to explain why one would be a good fit for the company.

Audit Staff I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in April 2012.

I applied to RK after doing their summer leadership program earlier in college. I emailed the HR manager and they were very friendly in setting up an interview during their on campus interview period. On campus interview was one on one with a Staff auditor from their socal office, took about 2 weeks for them to call back and offer a second round interview at the office I was applying for. I was unable to make their initial desired time period however they were very courteous in postponing until a time that worked for both of us. The second round consisted of three one on one interviews in the office, with two audit managers and a partner, followed by lunch with a staff member. The interviews generally revolved around discussing company culture and the responsibilities of the position, as well as my expectations and why I wanted to join RK and be a CPA. Everyone was very friendly and clearly cared about learning about me personally and whether I would be a good fit, culturally, professionally, and work-ethic wise, for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe, to your understanding, what a hedge fund is   View Answer
    • Tell me about yourself/ why you want to work with RK   View Answer
    received a call shortly from HR with an offer and accepted promptly, though they said they generally give candidates around two weeks to accept an offer. Terms were already set, not much room for negotiation, however they pay very competitively with very good benefits, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Staff Auditor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2009.

It consisted of resume and cover letter. there were on campus interviews then second round intervews at the office with about three diferent people. it was difficult but no more dificult than any other accounting firm