Rothstein Kass Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.5

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2010.

Interview

The first round took place at my university. It was very straight forward. The initial interviewer was basically looking to see if your personality would fit into her company's corporate culture. After about a week I received a call from HR informing me that they would like to invite me in for a second round. The second round consisted of an office tour with an associate, an interview with a manager (basic behavioral questions were asked) and two separate HR interviews. Tip the interviewee - Be well informed about the position you're interviewing for and try to leverage your strengths towards that position when answering questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Standard package was offered. However this company does pay overtime!

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2010.

Interview

they focus on soft skills rather than technical. they want the right personalities to join their firm, someone who they see would make partners down the road and be able to bring in business.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

signing bonus

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in September 2010.

Interview

It was a basic first round interview. The interviewer was very nice and didn't ask too many difficult questions.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in April 2010.

Interview

very easy and relaxed

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in January 2010.

Interview

It is easy. Talk and smile alot, act laid back and you are in. Act to serious and you have no chance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Only negotiate the position. Salary was predetermined. If you have other offers, make a paper airplane with the Rothstein Kass offer and throw it over the Hudson River and watch it fly , fly away. It will be the best decision you ever made. Heed my words.

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2009.

Interview

It consisted of resume and cover letter. there were on campus interviews then second round intervews at the office with about three diferent people. it was difficult but no more dificult than any other accounting firm

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2008.

Interview

First round interview at a school with a senior auditor. Then I was called into the main office where I interviewed with 3 people, 1 of which was human resources. Then got taken out to a lunch and an office tour. I had to wait a couple of week until they called me to give me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really hard was asked.   1 Answer

Tax Senior Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in May 2008.

Interview

I obtained the referral from a current employee. I spoke with two partners and two human resources representatives who were very friendly and informative. It was an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

See What Rothstein Kass Employees Are Saying

Former Auditor Financial Services in Roseland, NJ

Pros: “This firm basically lets you take off anytime you want nine months out of the year with a morning's notice. You can leave early any day during busy season so long as you think of some...”“This firm basically lets you take off anytime you want nine months out of the year with a morning's notice. You can leave early any day during busy season so long as you think of some reasonable excuse. The only real expectation is that you get your work done at some point. After the economic downturn, the firm was able to hire more intelligent staff than they had in the past. So, it should be a better place to work now.” – Full Review