Rothstein Kass

Relevance Date Difficulty

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
Walnut Creek, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online through campus Career Services website. On campus interview was a 1-on-1 interview with a person from the firm. The first round interview was very easy going and conversational. Was invited to a second round interview at the office, which was 4 interviews with various Associates, Seniors, and Managers. Again, the interviews were very conversional, with maybe 1 or 2 behavioral type questions total (across all 4 interviews). Overall it was a very pleasant experience, all people I had contact with were extremely friendly and easy to talk with.

Interview Question – Why Rothstein Kass?
Why Audit?
Describe a time when you demonstrated leadership.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Audit Staff I Interview

Audit Staff I
Walnut Creek, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied to RK after doing their summer leadership program earlier in college. I emailed the HR manager and they were very friendly in setting up an interview during their on campus interview period. On campus interview was one on one with a Staff auditor from their socal office, took about 2 weeks for them to call back and offer a second round interview at the office I was applying for. I was unable to make their initial desired time period however they were very courteous in postponing until a time that worked for both of us. The second round consisted of three one on one interviews in the office, with two audit managers and a partner, followed by lunch with a staff member. The interviews generally revolved around discussing company culture and the responsibilities of the position, as well as my expectations and why I wanted to join RK and be a CPA. Everyone was very friendly and clearly cared about learning about me personally and whether I would be a good fit, culturally, professionally, and work-ethic wise, for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe, to your understanding, what a hedge fund is   View Answer
  • Tell me about yourself/ why you want to work with RK   View Answer

Negotiation Details – received a call shortly from HR with an offer and accepted promptly, though they said they generally give candidates around two weeks to accept an offer. Terms were already set, not much room for negotiation, however they pay very competitively with very good benefits, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Worked for Rothstein Kass? Contribute to the Community!