Roto-Rooter

Very Easy Interview

Plumber/Technician Interview

Plumber/Technician
Birmingham, AL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Roto-Rooter in February 2013.

Interview Details – it was easily considered a joke listening to a memorized speech. They are very good at telling everything you want to hear, and MANY promises- later learn they lied. They promise to have an employee apply the vinyl logos/stickers to your van- and hand them to you a month later saying you're an employee! the insurance was promised to be great coverage, and was horrible- get your own! was promised low van insurance rates- WRONG! get you own. was promised training- blatant lie!!

Interview Question – can you get a van within 30 days   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none- they claim t offer 17% and 19% but it actually is about 7% and 10%!!!!
SERIOUSLY!!

Very Easy Interview

Field Training Manager Interview

Field Training Manager
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Roto-Rooter in May 2011.

Interview Details – Initial interview was a phone interview with a recruiter from main office. Second interview was with the GM, then three phone interviews with Regional VP, Director of Recruiting, and President. Seemed to be a detailed and tedious process. I haven't spoken with the VP, Director, or the President since. Seemed to be just an arbitrary process.

Interview Question – All pretty standard questions, but they asked why I was leaving a job of 15 years.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me more money than I made at the time. I had planned to haggle a bit, but their offer was very aggressive.

Plumber Interview

Plumber
Cleveland, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Roto-Rooter in January 2011.

Interview Details – Several interviews along with an extensive background check and drug test which is easy to fake.

It took almost 5 weeks, which is 4 too long in the industry.

Interview Question – How much can you sell?   View Answer

Service Tech Interview

Service Tech
Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Roto-Rooter in January 2012.

Interview Details – I had 2 interviews, one being with the production manager and he explained the company, training and what was required and expected of me. Very straight forward. A 14 week training program mostly on the job training with a senior tech and friday was dedicated to plumbing school. The 2nd and final interview was with the general manager. he is the one who makes the final decision. It was mostly a conversation. They are REALLY looking for sales people and are VERY big on personal appearance and grooming. They are a 24 hour on call service so expect weekends and late nights as well. You never know what your last service call will be.

Interview Question – What sales background do you have?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a straight $14 and hour during training. Once you supply your own van, it will go up to $18 an hour. After training, you will get 30% of all revenue generated from the service call.

Plumber Interview

Plumber
Wichita, KS

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Roto-Rooter in March 2009.

Interview Details – Ok told then about my past experiences but the salary was a little roup low then what I am used to working for. If it was higher I would of accepted the offer for employment

Interview Question – Skills test   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Money

Worked for Roto-Rooter? Contribute to the Community!