Round Rock Independent School District

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Round Rock, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Round Rock Independent School District.

Interview Details – All positions are listed on the district website. Upon submission of an application, HR reviews the application to ensure the applicant meets the job requirements. All interviews are conducted by committee. All interviewees are asked the same questions.

Interview Question – No education theory questions. Most questions dealt with "how would you handle this situation." Additionally, the interview questions asked about how I get along with "team" members.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – RRISD does not negotiate with teachers. The listed salary is what you get. Additional money can be earned by coaching and taking on after school clubs.

Teacher
Round Rock, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Round Rock Independent School District in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was given a copy of the school's AYP data 10 minutes before the interview started. I was asked to review the data and come up with some plans on which areas the school needs to show improvement. The questions focused on how to use different data sources to drive instruction, how do I forge relationships with students, and what are teaching methods I use in my classroom that deliver the most success.

Interview Question – Why do students fail your class?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase.

Round Rock, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Round Rock Independent School District in August 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed for 3 different positions with the district.
All interviews were 2 or 3 principals. They asked many questions and took notes.
They questions were basic and not overwhelming. They focused on treatment of students, education thoughts, hypotheticals, etc.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Round Rock Independent School District? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Round Rock Independent School District Teacher interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Round Rock Independent School District employees and interview candidates.