Roundy's Supermarkets Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.1

Cashier and Manager In Training Position Interview

No matter your age or experience the interview focused on high school and your life during high school. It did not matter that I went to college and have a college degree.

Category Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets.

HR has been revamped since I interviewed. I was barely questioned about my education or experience, I did however get to hear all about the interviewers wedding and children. It was a strange interview process, I doubt it would be like that for people now.

Interview Questions
    • There were minimal questions, I was mostly chatted up by my interviewers. Similar to a stranger at a party starting up a friendly conversation with you around the snack table.   Answer Question
    Nothing, you get what you're offered.

Assistant Manager/Service Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets in January 2010.

If the district manager likes you, then you will get promoted. Other than that, no chance of promotion.

Interview Questions
    They make offer and you accept or reject.

Utility Clerk/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets in June 2012.

After an online application with a lengthy questionnaire, I received a phone call approximately 2 weeks later. Following a short declaration of interest, I was promptly brought in for a one on one interview with the front end manager. Normal job questions followed, with almost nothing unexpected or out of the ordinary. After a successful one on one with the front end manager, I saw the store manager, and was asked a very similar set of questions.

Interview Questions
    • All that could be considered difficult during the interview process was questions regarding future expectations within the company and how long I planned on staying. Very standard process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plymouth, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets in June 2010.

I went in for one interview and was basically asked my availability and how many hours I wanted. It was a 5-10 minute interview and I was hired a few days later.

I didn't negotiate.

Produce Clerk Interview

very easy and unprofessional to say the least

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Green Bay, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets in June 2013.

Was contacted by phone interview within 4-5 days after completing online application. Phone interview lasted about 20 min. From there we scheduled an in-store interview 2 days later. The interview lasted about 30-45 minutes, and the manager just basically asked me everything from my study habits in high school to my work ethic and how my peers and previous employers would rate me. Was a simple interview.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a time where you solved a problem,

Think of a time where you received great customer support in a grocery store.

What are examples of when you get frustrated?

What are excuses for being late for work?
        Answer Question
    I asked for $.50 more

Utility Clerk Interview

Very easy to get hired here, very minimal interview process, was hired on the spot at a job fair, started shortly thereafter.

Seletor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oconomowoc, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oconomowoc, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets in August 2009.

3 interviews, lift and math test. Drug test. Be able to work in the frezzer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Appleton, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets in March 2011.

Interviewed by 2 people, the store director and upper stocking manager.

Interview Questions
    • What did you not like about your last job? What were your strengths with your last job?   View Answer

Worked for Roundy's Supermarkets? Contribute to the Community!