Roundy's Supermarkets Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015

2.1

Advertising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets in October 2014.

Three interview process. First interview is phone interview with HR, second with a direct supervisor, third interview with department head. I only did the first two interviews. Phone interview was very traditional ("tell me about XYZ job," etc.) The first In-person interview was scheduled for two weeks after the phone interview. Two days before the in-person interview, HR called and gave me some specific questions to prepare for and other talking points. I really appreciated this as it helped me prepare efficiently. The in-person interview lasted over an hour and was very formulaic. The interviewer explained that every candidate is asked the same questions so that they have fair evaluations. They asked about high and low points of high school, high and low points of college, and strengths and weaknesses for every job listed on my resume. They also asked about study habits during school, who my role models were, and other questions in that same vein. Was notified that I was not moving to the final interview three weeks after the in-person interview. Whole process took two months.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to talk about your high school study habits, activities, etc.   Answer Question

Category Analyst Interview

I submitted my resume via email to human resources for an open Category Analyst position at Roundy's headquarters in downtown Milwaukee. A lady contacted me the very next day to set up a phone interview with me, which we scheduled for two days later. For those two days, I prepared for the interview by thoroughly researching the company, jotting down my answers to the most common interview questions, etc. I knew that I was qualified for the position and was confident that my phone interview would lead to an in-person interview.

Only, she never called me. I sat by the phone while our appointment time came and went. An hour later, I sent her a friendly email stating that it appeared that our interview had been missed, and asked if it could be rescheduled. I heard nothing back. A couple days later I left her a voicemail, and again heard nothing back. It's as if this person's existence was wiped off the face of the earth.

It's been about three weeks now and I've given up on the position. Extremely rude behavior from human resources and a big waste of my time. As an aside, my partner applied and interviewed for a Distribution Assistant position at Roundy's warehouse in Oconomowoc, and never heard back from human resources either. Nothing but discourteous silence from Roundy's. No wonder the company is crashing and profits are plummeting, when they can't even be bothered to bring in skilled and talented staff.

Cashier and Manager In Training Position Interview

No matter your age or experience the interview focused on high school and your life during high school. It did not matter that I went to college and have a college degree.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets.

HR has been revamped since I interviewed. I was barely questioned about my education or experience, I did however get to hear all about the interviewers wedding and children. It was a strange interview process, I doubt it would be like that for people now.

Interview Questions
    • There were minimal questions, I was mostly chatted up by my interviewers. Similar to a stranger at a party starting up a friendly conversation with you around the snack table.   Answer Question
    Nothing, you get what you're offered.

Produce Clerk Interview

very easy and unprofessional to say the least

Utility Clerk Interview

Very easy to get hired here, very minimal interview process, was hired on the spot at a job fair, started shortly thereafter.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets in June 2013.

Was contacted by phone interview within 4-5 days after completing online application. Phone interview lasted about 20 min. From there we scheduled an in-store interview 2 days later. The interview lasted about 30-45 minutes, and the manager just basically asked me everything from my study habits in high school to my work ethic and how my peers and previous employers would rate me. Was a simple interview.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a time where you solved a problem,

Think of a time where you received great customer support in a grocery store.

What are examples of when you get frustrated?

What are excuses for being late for work?

Answer Question
    I asked for $.50 more

Utility Clerk/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets in June 2012.

After an online application with a lengthy questionnaire, I received a phone call approximately 2 weeks later. Following a short declaration of interest, I was promptly brought in for a one on one interview with the front end manager. Normal job questions followed, with almost nothing unexpected or out of the ordinary. After a successful one on one with the front end manager, I saw the store manager, and was asked a very similar set of questions.

Interview Questions
    • All that could be considered difficult during the interview process was questions regarding future expectations within the company and how long I planned on staying. Very standard process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets in April 2012.

Brief quick questions very vague process. Typical setting met with three to four staff members and each member asks different questions pertaining to the respected needs. Whole process tool roughly an hour if things went really well could be longer. Received an 2nd interview two days later but didn't get an offer

Deli Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Two Rivers, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Two Rivers, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Roundy's Supermarkets in January 2012.

phone interview, face to face interview in store

no negotiation