Roush Industries

14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

CAE Analyst - Vehicle Dynamics Interview

CAE Analyst - Vehicle Dynamics

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Roush Industries in June 2014.

Interview Details – My first interview. Was an on-site interview. Was told there would be be 2 people interviewing me. 6 people turned up to take the interview. Was very intimidating. Went on for over an hour. Entirely technical and conceptual questions. Compared to what I have heard from several people regarding their interviews and the usual process, this was pretty tough. Been over 2 weeks. Haven't heard back. Emailed asking about update but no response.

Interview Question – Asked about my undergrad project which was not at all related to my field. Asked about the backend working of the software used and how it processes.   Answer Question

Truck Driver/Test Driver Interview

Truck Driver/Test Driver
Portland, OR

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Roush Industries in June 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my application through a job search web site, a quick app. It took about 3 weeks for them to contact me but it was basically a job offer. I went in for a 5 min interview and then sat back for a DOT physical and background to be completed. The manager was very professional and friendly.

Negotiation Details – They offered me an expectable hourly rate and all the OT I was willing to work. I took it.

Desktop Support Interview

Desktop Support
Livonia, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Roush Industries in November 2011.

Interview Details – was great at one time until they got new management, with lack of management experience. also have a buffoon in on the hire process, he has no management exp at all.

Negotiation Details – easy

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Allen Park, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Roush Industries in February 2014.

Interview Details – The process was handled extremely professional. I had a application e-mailed to mailed to me. I completed and e-mailed back. Had a one on one interview with mangaer and supervisor and then was made an offer that I accepted and then went to Livonia to complete paperwork and do the drug testing and just had to wait a couple of days for the results and agreed on a start date.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very relaxed

Body Exterior Engineer Interview

Body Exterior Engineer
Allen Park, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Roush Industries.

Interview Details – There was a very casual conversation by phone that seemed to be a screening for a more challenging on-site interview. When I arrived for the face-to-face interview, I was told that the manager had already made his decision. The on-site interview was more of a sales pitch, demonstrating the many areas of the company and advantages of working for them.

Interview Question – Questions were not aggressive nor were they very technical. I was asked several questions about my work history and the reasons why I made some movements in my career.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was handled by phone and documented via email. The engineering manager and HR representatives were the only contacts who participated.

Development Engineer Interview

Development Engineer
Allen Park, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Roush Industries in July 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted application online. Received a call from HR 1 month later to ask general questions. Had a one on one interview a week later. During interview I talked about experience in FSAE during college. They were mostly interested in hands-on projects I had worked on. My experience was very easy and fast. I have heard other managers can be tougher.

Interview Question – Name a time you screwed up and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Corporate Recruiter

Interviewed at Roush Industries

Interview Details – Phone screened, then met with HR Director, then with entire HR team.

Interview Question – Working OFCCP.   Answer Question

Test Driver Interview

Test Driver

I applied in-person and interviewed at Roush Industries.

Interview Details – Group interview consisting of a written test and drug screening.

Interview Question – What to do when merging onto the freeway...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Roush Industries.

Interview Details – Initial communication made by third party technical vendor
Telephone interview held with third party technical vendor
(3 weeks pass)
Second telephone interview held with third party technical vendor
Interview scheduled
Interview
(3 hours pass)
Job Offer
Background Check/Pre-employment drug screening
Job Offer
Start Date

Interview Question – What do you want to be when you grow up?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation Phase-nonexsistent (not applicable)

Powertrain Engineer Interview

Powertrain Engineer
Allen Park, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Roush Industries in March 2009.

Interview Details – Found out about the job through a career fair at a Mid-Michigan based state university.

Interview was pretty low-stress; three different interviews with different engineering team leaders, some one-on-one, some two-or-three on one.
Boilerplate questions, talk about challenges, your weaknesses, your experience.

Got job offer with disappointingly low salary approximately a week later.

Interview Question – "Why aren't you willing to work here for (insert small amount of money here) salary?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Got job offer with disappointingly low salary. Told them "thanks, but no thanks"
They called back the following week with the same offer, gave same response.
This went on for approximately a month before they made a minor upward salary concession and I accepted

Know your worth; stand your ground.

Worked for Roush Industries? Contribute to the Community!