Routledge Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Routledge

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Routledge in December 2011.

Phone screen with HR, 1:1 with an editor. You're given a editing test, spelling test, an exercise on how to prioritize a list of tasks, and you discuss it with the editor as a way of outlining what the day-to-day of the job is, as well as the long term goals of whatever list you're working on. Took an edit test home -- had to write back cover copy for a book.

Would recommend familiarizing yourself with the subject area of what you'd be working on, and with higher ed news generally.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate, can't advise further.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Routledge in January 2008.

I went in twice and interviewed with the same woman. The first time and second were fine. For the 2nd time, I had to create marketing plans.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Abingdon, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abingdon, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Routledge in January 2012.

I submitted the application on-line. I was invited to interview. The first interview was with two people. Questions were asked about my familiarity with the list and subject area. There were a lot of questions like "tell us about a time when..." and questions about past jobs. The second interview involved a writing task and questions about product pricing.

Interview Questions

Worked for Routledge? Contribute to the Community!