Rovi

Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst
Radnor, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rovi in February 2013.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview first with the hiring manager and a senior engineer. I was not called in for a one-on-one because they had budget changes for the position. A month later, I was called in for a one-on-one. I was shown to a conference room for the first 2 rounds of interviews. First, I interviewed with 2 senior QA people. They were very prepared and took notes during the interview. The next round was with a senior developer. He had not read my resume beforehand and was not prepared. He just went throught he motions of the interview and read my resume as he went along. He also had his laptop and took notes. During both of these rounds they asked me the difference between white and black box testing. And, even though this was a QA position, they expected the person they hire to make bug fixes to the code. Then, I was shown to the hiring manager's office for the last round. He also had not read my resume. He turned to the last page and focused on my university. I graduated from university in 1993, so I was a bit perplexed. All together, he interviewed me about 10 minutes. I am sure that he already knew who he was going to hire and just went through the interview process with other candidates as part of his job.

Interview Question – The most unexpected was really a statement. What the hiring manager said to me at the end of the interview left me disappointed. I quote, "You are VERY qualified for the position. However, if I don't hire you it's because there may be someone a little bit better." And, he held up his hand with his thumb and index finger very close together to demonstrate a "litte bit".   Answer Question

Content Manager Interview

Content Manager
Radnor, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Rovi.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter in California after I applied for a position in Radnor, PA. I had a phone interview with HR and then the hiring manager., two face-to-face interviews (one with hiring manager and another with the Content VP), and two telephone interviews with the Engineering VP and the Director of Product Management. I was asking standard interview questions about my work experience and many questions related to how I would handle different situations and how I would describe my personality.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – After I was offered, I asked for more and they gave me what I asked for. I had to wait to hear back two or three days.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Quality Assurance Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Rovi in November 2008.

Interview Details – Phone Interview followed by a 4 hour in person interview.

Interview Question – Have you ever played hooky from work?   View Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer
Burbank, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Rovi in August 2011.

Interview Details – It was very easy . The interview panel was super friendly. They presented me the offer i wanted

Interview Question – Remove the duplicate rows from the table   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy

Senior Program Manager Interview

Senior Program Manager
Burbank, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rovi in May 2008.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews: one with a recruiter, one with a hiring manager. Then a full day of onsite interviews with various team interviews.

Interview Question – Had to simulate starting a project for a new Search Engine.   Answer Question

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Product Marketing Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rovi in September 2012.

Interview Details – I received a call from a recruiter which loved me and my backgroud. I was told my information would be sent to the hiring manager I spoke with the hiring manager for less then 15 minutes and was dismissed because I did not have a small piece of what they were looking for which the recruiter already knew about and it would not be a problem. A real shame no wonder the company is doing so bad the management has no clue when excellent talent is presented to them! Dont even bother applying there a huge waste of my time!

Interview Question – I received a call from a recruiter which loved me and my backgroud. I was told my information would be sent to the hiring manager I spoke with the hiring manager for less then 15 minutes and was dismissed because I did not have a small piece of what they were looking for which the recruiter already knew about and it would not be a problem. A real shame no wonder the company is doing so bad the management has no clue when excellent talent is presented to them! Dont even bother applying there a huge waste of my time!   View Answer

Senior Sales Manager Interview

Senior Sales Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Rovi.

Interview Details – I was approached by e-mail and my first interview was over the phone. After that I was invited to attend several interviews at the HQ. I had interviews with possible future peers and senior level managers including human resources. One of the interviewers was specialist on company culture who rated if I was a culturally good fit for the company.

Interview Question – At the cultural interview I was asked about my reaction being in a fully loaded cinema when I suspect that a fire is going to start.   Answer Question

Staffing Interview

Staffing
Santa Clara, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rovi in March 2012.

Interview Details – Started off with a phone screen with a recruiter, 1st round of interview, 2nd round, then offer extension. Great company, good team, well organized process. The team was very friendly which set a positive interview atmosphere. Everyone who I interviewed was knowledgeable about the business and industry.

Interview Question – Asked about what I do currently and how that can transfer to the job I am interviewing for.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was below what I wanted.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Rovi in November 2010.

Interview Details – One of the longest most drawn out interviews I have ever been involved with. Expect them to ask you for sample code. For example they asked me to bring a sample of my C+ code. Each member reviewed it and critiqued my code. It became very interesting when one of them didn't like the choice of a word in the documentation of my code. He didn't make any mention that I produced a solution with 50% less lines then what they were expecting and far more memory management techniques. Also be prepared for a panel interview with the recruiter, manager and some other members of the team. They like their egos stroked so make sure you get the names of the people you will be interviewer with and look them up on LinkedIn. For best results email the manager directly and avoid the recruiting team.

Interview Questions

• If you were asked to forfeit a vacation with you family for an urgent project, what would you do?   Answer Question
  • If you were to trouble shoot code of an employee who was terminated what would your fist step be.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can haggle. If they want you the will keep going up. I made up that I had other offers just to drive up the salary.

Fiber Internet Analyst Interview

Fiber Internet Analyst
Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rovi in September 2010.

Interview Details – Talent Skills Assessment Preview