Rovi Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2014
Updated Jul 18, 2014

2.7

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rovi in May 2013.

4 Rounds :
    1. Written elimination test. (QA and Java)
    2. 4 Technical Interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Design Drop box kinda application End to End.   View Answer
    Don't get too greedy while negotiating. The work culture and work is pretty awesome !!

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Rovi in January 2014.

1. Written Test comprising 10 questions
    2. Technical Interview
    3. HR Round

Interview Questions
    • Write a script (Perl, Bash, Python) which reads first 7 lines of an input file input.txt present in home directory and parses it.
      If there is some error while parsing throw a message "Error"
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Rovi in May 2013.

moderate to difficult

Interview Questions
    • except algo,ds,java..your project which you have completed   Answer Question
    you can negotiate but while making their offer..it seems that negotiation doesnt required.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Rovi.

This is for india location. the company has a very different way of recruiting. At first there is an 30 min question paper. They asked me about composition/ aggregation differences. Enums. how to create enums.. They asked me about searching strategy, write code and dry run- binary search. The VP asked me about creating an architecture . The QA engineer - was nosey.. he was quizzing people on the man in the middle attack. He was speaking in Hindi- That is odd for a company of international repute!

Interview Questions
    • Design a architecture using caching mechaism which consumes the service for other clients except java   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Rovi.

I had only one interview to be hired.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Resume based 6 interviews by all team members

None

Director Business Development Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Rovi in September 2008.

The interview is deceptively easy and friendly. If you get the feeling you are being conned, then you probably are. The company is like a pyramid or ponzi scheme. Work is work, but this is not the healthiest environment.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of people are looking for a job right now, what are you willing to do for me to give you an offer?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rovi in July 2010.

Applied online on company website. Got initial HR phone screening call. HR discussed overall background and projects that I worked on. HR also explained about the position. In few days, got a call to schedule technical phone interview. Interviewer was interested in knowing about project that I previousl worked on and also tested knowledge about web application development and API usage. After 10 days or so got call for on-site interview. Interview lasted for 4 hrs. Technical manager, QA manager, Program manager and Director interviewed me.

Attorney Interview

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Rovi in January 2011.

Simple and straightforward meeting with HR rep and then the organization's VP. Not rushed and very thorough. Went through the background and resume and asked the typical open-ended questions. Ended up in a great conversation between colleagues and promoted a lot of thinking on all sides: HR, Legal and myself. Although I didn't get the offer, it was for the right reasons. Thought enough of both the people and the company that I bought a small block of stock. Good luck to them. I hope they do well.

Interview Questions
    • Do you get bored if you find yourself in a routine?   View Answer
    • In your last job you had a large staff. Can you work without such a large staff?   Answer Question