Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Rovi
- Software Engineer (4)
- Senior Software Engineer (3)
- Data Scientist (3)
- Software Development Engineer (2)
- Software QA Engineer (1)
- Staffing (1)
- Head (1)
- Senior QA Engineer (1)
- Senior Sales Manager (1)
- Director (1)
- Director Business Development (1)
- Sales Operations (1)
- Engineering Manager (1)
- Content Manager (1)
- QA Analyst (1)
- Quality Assurance Engineer (1)
- Quality Engineer (1)
- Program Manager (1)
- Product Manager (1)
- Business Systems Analyst (1)
- Fiber Internet Analyst (1)
- CLU Reporter (1)
- Senior Software (Front-End) Engineer (1)
- Director of Solutions (1)
- Senior Director, Product (1)
- Spanish Scheduling Reporter (1)
- Attorney (1)
- Senior Director (1)
- Senior Executive (1)
- Systems Engineer (1)
Senior Software Engineer Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rovi in July 2014.
Got contacted via recruiter and had a technical phone screen set up within 3 days. Technical screen went over fundamentals plus some quizzing over specific technical areas I had on my resume. After passing that had more phone screens with various management and technical staff, mostly to gauge cultural fit and my interests. I even asked about some of the culture at Rovi and reviews I'd seen here, everyone was very candid and open throughout the whole process.
- Pretty standard stuff, if you put a skill on your resume be prepared to go into technical details. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Rovi
Senior Software Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rovi (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.
Easy. Nothing difficult. They're not particularly sophisticated, nor are they that difficult to interview with. They project a happy company with great ambitions. If only the truth was as real as the ambition. Just not true.
- Tell me about your background. What do you like about Rovi? Why are you interested in the role etc etc. 1 Answer
Senior Software Engineer InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rovi (Mumbai (India)).
This is for india location. the company has a very different way of recruiting. At first there is an 30 min question paper. They asked me about composition/ aggregation differences. Enums. how to create enums.. They asked me about searching strategy, write code and dry run- binary search. The VP asked me about creating an architecture . The QA engineer - was nosey.. he was quizzing people on the man in the middle attack. He was speaking in Hindi- That is odd for a company of international repute!
- Design a architecture using caching mechaism which consumes the service for other clients except java Answer Question