Rovi

Updated Jul 18, 2014
Updated Jul 18, 2014

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Rovi in July 2014.

Got contacted via recruiter and had a technical phone screen set up within 3 days. Technical screen went over fundamentals plus some quizzing over specific technical areas I had on my resume. After passing that had more phone screens with various management and technical staff, mostly to gauge cultural fit and my interests. I even asked about some of the culture at Rovi and reviews I'd seen here, everyone was very candid and open throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions
  • Pretty standard stuff, if you put a skill on your resume be prepared to go into technical details.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rovi

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rovi.

This is for india location. the company has a very different way of recruiting. At first there is an 30 min question paper. They asked me about composition/ aggregation differences. Enums. how to create enums.. They asked me about searching strategy, write code and dry run- binary search. The VP asked me about creating an architecture . The QA engineer - was nosey.. he was quizzing people on the man in the middle attack. He was speaking in Hindi- That is odd for a company of international repute!

Interview Questions
    • Design a architecture using caching mechaism which consumes the service for other clients except java   Answer Question