Rovi

Updated Oct 21, 2014

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rovi in April 2014.

I submitted my resume through my university's job listing site and was contacted by a Rovi HR representative about interview times. My interview was at 8:45 on a Monday morning.

I started out with a phone interview with a software engineer who was working from home, in addition to a recruitment representative who was in the room. The software engineer on the phone asked me about projects I've done, and programming languages I know, and about my experiences with different types of problems. This took about half an hour, and then the next team came in.

The second pair was another recruiter and a software engineer. The software engineer did most of the talking, asking about my experiences working in groups and dealing with differences within the group. I was never asked any "standard" coding questions (no algorithms, runtimes, etc.)

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you've worked in a group on a software project   View Answer

I received an unofficial offer but they rescinded it after they failed to get approval for the internship salary

Other Interview Reviews for Rovi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Rovi in November 2010.

One of the longest most drawn out interviews I have ever been involved with. Expect them to ask you for sample code. For example they asked me to bring a sample of my C+ code. Each member reviewed it and critiqued my code. It became very interesting when one of them didn't like the choice of a word in the documentation of my code. He didn't make any mention that I produced a solution with 50% less lines then what they were expecting and far more memory management techniques. Also be prepared for a panel interview with the recruiter, manager and some other members of the team. They like their egos stroked so make sure you get the names of the people you will be interviewer with and look them up on LinkedIn. For best results email the manager directly and avoid the recruiting team.

Interview Questions
    • If you were asked to forfeit a vacation with you family for an urgent project, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • If you were to trouble shoot code of an employee who was terminated what would your fist step be.   Answer Question
    You can haggle. If they want you the will keep going up. I made up that I had other offers just to drive up the salary.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Rovi in May 2013.

moderate to difficult

Interview Questions
    • except algo,ds,java..your project which you have completed   Answer Question
    you can negotiate but while making their offer..it seems that negotiation doesnt required.

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rovi in July 2010.

Applied online on company website. Got initial HR phone screening call. HR discussed overall background and projects that I worked on. HR also explained about the position. In few days, got a call to schedule technical phone interview. Interviewer was interested in knowing about project that I previousl worked on and also tested knowledge about web application development and API usage. After 10 days or so got call for on-site interview. Interview lasted for 4 hrs. Technical manager, QA manager, Program manager and Director interviewed me.