Rowman & Littlefield Publishing

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Editor Interview

Assistant Editor
Lanham, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Rowman & Littlefield Publishing.

Interview Details – HR will generally set up with a phone interview with the managing editor. If they like you, they'll bring you in for an in-person interview. I was hired rather quickly as the current employee was leaving the country and only had a few days to train me. There's a high rate of turnover, so if you're not selected for a particular opening, there's a good chance you can reapply in the near future for another position.

Interview Question – Most typical interview questions. They like you to speak a lot. Be sure to be able to speak about your favorite books or what led you to publishing. Looking for unique answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Flag Interview

Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Human Resources Manager responded to this review

May 12, 2014

Thank you for your insightful feedback on our interviewing process. If you'd like to share anything else, please feel free to stop by my office!

Sincerely,
Michael
Human Resources Manager

Worked for Rowman & Littlefield Publishing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rowman & Littlefield Publishing interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Rowman & Littlefield Publishing employees and interview candidates.