Royal Bank of Canada Account Manager Interview Questions

3.1

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Canada in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview. Sale orientated, questions are made to get you into the mind of the account manager position. Average difficulty, a lot of getting to know each other.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Bank of Canada

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Canada.

Interview

Took about 3 interviews and a 1 month period to complete process

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

Got contacted for an interview in about a week. Standard interview with an HR representative and branch representative. The interview can be casual and relaxing as long as you stay calm and collective. Be a little more engaging in the conversation. They want to test your relationship building skills through the interview.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are based on your selling/ customer services skills. No question is difficult if you are a good story teller in telling others your past sales experience   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Did not have interview, was promoted from within.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

45 min interview process with mostly behavioral questions based around a sales oriented environment. Consequently, sales experience is necessary and is the most sought after experience in an account manager position. Although most banking position more easier to get into if you are referred by another employee of the bank.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to devise a plan to realize the sales target in a slow month?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

Telephone interview with HR, very standard questions. In person interview with a Branch Manager, very sales behavioral questions. better come in with past examples.

Interview Questions

• How will you make sure you are going to be successful at end of year review?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

45 min phone interview, mostly situational questions, then a board in person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Don't be too greedy up front, many opportunities to negotiate later.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Canada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

Lots of behavioral based questions met with regional hiring manager then branch manager

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you failed to achieve expectations? what did you do? how did you improve?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, what you see is what you get, Take it or leave it

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Canada in January 2011.

Interview

Online application, online survey, phone interview and branch interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you turned a bad scenario into a good one and also uncovered more details about the client without asking questions directly about their finances.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2010.

Interview

Took 3 weeks for them to answer back. First interview was more behaviour; why do you want to work for rbc, describe me your strengths and weaknesses. A few mise-en-situation: situation where you failed at something but managed to get right up.