Royal Bank of Canada Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Registered Client Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Royal Bank of Canada in August 2014.

Submitted resume, followed by a telephone call to arrange a telephone interview, followed by an in person interview at their office location.

The recruiter missed the telephone interview date the first time and did not return a call until well over a week later. The second scheduled telephone interview happened though it was 20 minutes later than scheduled. The telephone interview led to an in person interview that was scheduled for three days later.

Upon arriving for the in person interview I was told to wait in the waiting area. About 20 minutes past the start of the interview time a representative from RBC came into the waiting room and informed me that I was supposed to have been told yesterday that the interview had been canceled as the position had been filled. There was no in person interview.

Overall the impression that I was left with is that RBC is a disorganized and somewhat haphazard company in their hiring process. The recruiting process was very disorganized and the lack of notice about the interview being canceled was rude, the explanation given was disingenuous and clearly not the result of any decision that had been made in private to cancel the interview.

The impression I was left with after the process diminished by view of RBC as an organization, I've interviewed with much smaller companies who were more competent than RBC by a long margin when it came down to basic organization and execution.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions are basic behavioral questions, for example, explain a time when you had to say no to a client.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Canada in December 2013.

The onsite interview consisted of three interviews with three different people. Each interviewer had a different background. One interviewer asked for you to create a stock pitch, which was difficult since I had never taken a finance class. The second interview was by far my worst. I was unprepared for the technical questions. They will ask about the company, so know everything about it. A brief look of wikipedia will not cut it. It seems that they wanted you to ask for help if you didn't know the questions.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Royal Bank of Canada.

campus recruiting

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Canada in January 2014.

I had two phone interviews, one with HR and another with an analyst. Following that, I had 3 Interviews with VP's. All questions were direct and fair.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Royal Bank of Canada in March 2013.

One phone interview and four rounds on site. Pretty basic stuff.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Canada in January 2012.

First round interview over phone with HR, progressed to office interview with head of group. Standard fit questions and technical test. Received offer 5 days after in office interview. Straight forward process.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Canada in October 2013.

Applied and heard back a few days later with a first round interview. First round was with 2 VP level people, had a few basic technical questions, nothing too surprising. Second round was the next week, interviewed with the rest of the associates and analysts on the team. Last question threw me, but the rest of it was unexpected.
    The interview process was all good, what really pissed me off was that they basically leave you hanging, not one of the people I interviewed with responded to my follow up emails, and HR was also unresponsive

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Royal Bank of Canada in March 2013.

Applied online via campus's career website and got an email invitation for an on-site interview

Interview Questions
    • I could not tell what exactly they were looking for as the questions were sort of generic   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Royal Bank of Canada.

First interview was basic questions related to fit for position. Subsequent were more detailed regarding type of analysis that would be required if chosen and what the learning curve might be. Nothing out of the blue or overly difficult. General understanding of finance and market movers.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing technical although the last stage I'm sure would require technical questions to test proficiencies.   Answer Question

Commercial Account Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Royal Bank of Canada.

Internal Hire - face to face with 2 different VP's

Interview Questions

Worked for Royal Bank of Canada? Contribute to the Community!