Royal Bank of Canada

2.8

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Royal Bank of Canada in December 2014.

They did an expedited online campus recruiting process with phone interviews for first round, a dinner the next night, and then second rounds four days later. I just submitted my app via my school's online recruiting site.

Summer Analyst Interview

Took a few days. Had a phone interview than went into the NYC office to interview in person. Interviewed in person. 2 on 1. Really nice people and overall great experience from beginning to end.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of the interview was asking questions to the interviewer.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Initially contacted by e-mail from a member from HR to setup an interview based on my availability. I met with two people, both would be co-workers who were very nice and informative.

Interview Questions
    • What quality do you think it is that you have, that other people don't, that makes you most able to perform.   Answer Question

Quantitative Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Royal Bank of Canada.

1 on campus interview. I met with a Fixed Income ETF trader and a quant developer. They asked me a few math brain teasers and asked me some estimation questions which I had to answer given a 90% confidence interval.

Interview Questions
    • Many estimation questions which approximate market making questions.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Client Account Services Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Canada.

Applied on the rbc website and was contact about a week later to set up a phone interview for the following week. After a brief 15 minute phone interview I waited another week and a half for a call back for an in person interview. The next week I had the interview and waited another week to receive a phone call with an offer. The whole process took between 3 and 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What do you need in order to be successful in your work environment?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Royal Bank of Canada.

Made contact with an alumnus who is an Associate at RBC. He passed me along to HR for initial screening. Had a phone interview with an analyst before flying up to New York for a Super Day. Phone interview had some fit questions but also a few technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Explain each financial statement and how depreciation works in all the statements. Follow up: Why is depreciation added back in Statement of Cash Flows?   View Answer

Registered Client Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Royal Bank of Canada in August 2014.

Submitted resume, followed by a telephone call to arrange a telephone interview, followed by an in person interview at their office location.

The recruiter missed the telephone interview date the first time and did not return a call until well over a week later. The second scheduled telephone interview happened though it was 20 minutes later than scheduled. The telephone interview led to an in person interview that was scheduled for three days later.

Upon arriving for the in person interview I was told to wait in the waiting area. About 20 minutes past the start of the interview time a representative from RBC came into the waiting room and informed me that I was supposed to have been told yesterday that the interview had been canceled as the position had been filled. There was no in person interview.

Overall the impression that I was left with is that RBC is a disorganized and somewhat haphazard company in their hiring process. The recruiting process was very disorganized and the lack of notice about the interview being canceled was rude, the explanation given was disingenuous and clearly not the result of any decision that had been made in private to cancel the interview.

The impression I was left with after the process diminished by view of RBC as an organization, I've interviewed with much smaller companies who were more competent than RBC by a long margin when it came down to basic organization and execution.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions are basic behavioral questions, for example, explain a time when you had to say no to a client.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Royal Bank of Canada.

campus recruiting

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Canada in January 2014.

I had two phone interviews, one with HR and another with an analyst. Following that, I had 3 Interviews with VP's. All questions were direct and fair.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Canada in December 2013.

The onsite interview consisted of three interviews with three different people. Each interviewer had a different background. One interviewer asked for you to create a stock pitch, which was difficult since I had never taken a finance class. The second interview was by far my worst. I was unprepared for the technical questions. They will ask about the company, so know everything about it. A brief look of wikipedia will not cut it. It seems that they wanted you to ask for help if you didn't know the questions.