Royal Bank of Canada

Updated Jan 18, 2015

2.8

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Canada in January 2014.

I had two phone interviews, one with HR and another with an analyst. Following that, I had 3 Interviews with VP's. All questions were direct and fair.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Canada in December 2013.

The onsite interview consisted of three interviews with three different people. Each interviewer had a different background. One interviewer asked for you to create a stock pitch, which was difficult since I had never taken a finance class. The second interview was by far my worst. I was unprepared for the technical questions. They will ask about the company, so know everything about it. A brief look of wikipedia will not cut it. It seems that they wanted you to ask for help if you didn't know the questions.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Canada in October 2013.

Applied and heard back a few days later with a first round interview. First round was with 2 VP level people, had a few basic technical questions, nothing too surprising. Second round was the next week, interviewed with the rest of the associates and analysts on the team. Last question threw me, but the rest of it was unexpected.
    The interview process was all good, what really pissed me off was that they basically leave you hanging, not one of the people I interviewed with responded to my follow up emails, and HR was also unresponsive

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Royal Bank of Canada.

First interview was basic questions related to fit for position. Subsequent were more detailed regarding type of analysis that would be required if chosen and what the learning curve might be. Nothing out of the blue or overly difficult. General understanding of finance and market movers.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing technical although the last stage I'm sure would require technical questions to test proficiencies.   Answer Question

Commercial Account Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Royal Bank of Canada.

Internal Hire - face to face with 2 different VP's

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Royal Bank of Canada in March 2013.

One phone interview and four rounds on site. Pretty basic stuff.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Canada in March 2013.

Applied online via campus's career website and got an email invitation for an on-site interview

Interview Questions
    • I could not tell what exactly they were looking for as the questions were sort of generic   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interviewing process was straightforward and quick. Met with a variety staff including the department head. Also spoke to several people via phone in Canada.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Canada in January 2013.

1st round telephone interview and on-site 5 interviews. Very technical

Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Canada in February 2012.

We first applied online through submitting resume and cover letter. After several weeks we got the response about doing a trading analysis on paper and send it back. Later came the email informing of the next round. Next round happened on site where we met the people from the company the day before. Then the interview for half a day.