Royal Bank of Canada

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Canada in April 2012.

Interview Details – 45 min phone interview, mostly situational questions, then a board in person interview.

Interview Question – nothing to trick you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't be too greedy up front, many opportunities to negotiate later.

Everyday Banking Customer Service Representative Interview

Everyday Banking Customer Service Representative
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Royal Bank of Canada in March 2013.

Interview Details – Three steps:
1st- Phone call where they schedule a time and a date for a per-screening interview ( don't worry if they do not call you at the exact time!)
2nd- Phone interview- at least 35 min where the interviewer go through your resume and ask you also about your future planes... What can you bring to RBC.. If you are successful they'll tell you right away that they want to bring you to the next level where they send you tests to complete in brief delays.
The tests consist of culture fit test, small timed test where you interact with the system you will be working. Then you will get a phone call calling you for an in-person interview.
3rd-Last about an hour where you are asked behavioral questions and where the job is explained to you.. Then they get back to you with an offer if they are satisfied.. I got an offer on the spot:)

Interview Question – If BMO offers you a better salary tomorrow will you accept their offer   View Answer

Customer Services Representative Interview

Customer Services Representative
Montreal, QC (Canada)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Canada in September 2010.

Interview Details – Starts by a telephone contact interview in both languages to asses the veracity of resume, skills and language proficiency.
2nd phone interview totally behavioral.
Face to face panel interview very similar to the 2nd phone interview.
The recruiting team is awesome. They are very professionals and really want to find the best candidates.
The managers do not share that professionalism.

Negotiation Details – I did not negociate

Call Center Brokerage (Direct Investing) Interview

Call Center Brokerage (Direct Investing)
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Royal Bank of Canada in January 2009.

Interview Details – This is first interview over the phone with HR. I failed on it because the question it's quite difficult.

Interview Question – Please give an example on how did you appreciate the client who was mad in the beginning, and then you can convince him with a satisfied solution at the end which could bring the benefit to both parties.   View Answer

Senior Accounts Manager Interview

Senior Accounts Manager
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Royal Bank of Canada in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview is for a promotion. The manager asks me to introduce myself as an internal RBC employee, what are my experiences in the Bank, what is my vision and my personal objective. She also asked me to describe what do I do on my current position and what I have done to support other teammbers as well.

Interview Question – What I have to hire you?   Answer Question

Worked for Royal Bank of Canada? Contribute to the Community!