Royal Bank of Canada

3.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Everyday Banking Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Royal Bank of Canada in March 2013.

Three steps:
    1st- Phone call where they schedule a time and a date for a per-screening interview ( don't worry if they do not call you at the exact time!)
    2nd- Phone interview- at least 35 min where the interviewer go through your resume and ask you also about your future planes... What can you bring to RBC.. If you are successful they'll tell you right away that they want to bring you to the next level where they send you tests to complete in brief delays.
    The tests consist of culture fit test, small timed test where you interact with the system you will be working. Then you will get a phone call calling you for an in-person interview.
    3rd-Last about an hour where you are asked behavioral questions and where the job is explained to you.. Then they get back to you with an offer if they are satisfied.. I got an offer on the spot:)

Interview Questions
    • If BMO offers you a better salary tomorrow will you accept their offer   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Canada in April 2012.

45 min phone interview, mostly situational questions, then a board in person interview.

Interview Questions
    Don't be too greedy up front, many opportunities to negotiate later.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Canada in September 2010.

Starts by a telephone contact interview in both languages to asses the veracity of resume, skills and language proficiency.
    2nd phone interview totally behavioral.
    Face to face panel interview very similar to the 2nd phone interview.
    The recruiting team is awesome. They are very professionals and really want to find the best candidates.
    The managers do not share that professionalism.

I did not negociate

Senior Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Canada in March 2010.

The interview is for a promotion. The manager asks me to introduce myself as an internal RBC employee, what are my experiences in the Bank, what is my vision and my personal objective. She also asked me to describe what do I do on my current position and what I have done to support other teammbers as well.

Call Center Brokerage (Direct Investing) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Royal Bank of Canada in January 2009.

This is first interview over the phone with HR. I failed on it because the question it's quite difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Please give an example on how did you appreciate the client who was mad in the beginning, and then you can convince him with a satisfied solution at the end which could bring the benefit to both parties.   View Answer