Royal Bank of Scotland Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

16 interviews

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in October 2010.

I did not have any contact with the company previously. I simply dropped my resume online and was asked to interview while they were on campus at my university. I was interviewed by two men: one VP and one analyst. The interview was almost entirely technical and one of them seemed to enjoy watching me suffer through the interview. I did okay at best.

Interview Questions
  • Walk us through an adjustment you made on a purchase balance sheet for your previous employer.   Answer Question
  • How do you determine terminal value?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Bank of Scotland

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in October 2009.

The interviewer was cold and asked few questions. Not very interested in the process. Did grill me on parts of my resume. Be prepared to talk about modeling and other financial pieces. Other than that I just ran through my resume. I am not sure what she was looking for exactly. Did not give me much time to ask her questions.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warsaw (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in September 2013.

There are three phases of recruitment process. First one is phone interview - here your foreign language skills are tested and so are you verbal presentation skills. Second one is one to one interview, very typical - asking about your motivations and psychological traits. Third one is interview with HR employee - to test you psychologically and to check your motives and also to negotiate salary.

Interview Questions
    • Plase tell me in details about your interest.   View Answer
    I was asked how much I'd like to learn. There's a salary range and it is good to know it before you apply as you can get a better deal with that knowledge.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in July 2013.

Interview was quite technical in nature. Everything related to banking and finance were asked by the interviewer. Also, there were certain misleading information was provided relating to the growth and salary increment in interview as well as orientation + Induction. HR people are themselves not clear about the policies they will beat around the bush but will not answer your query.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview process will have a general discussion(GD), and a simple analytical written which also contains, typing test and general english. after that a common HR round. for experienced, the corresponding team manager and team leader will take the interview to check on your skills

Interview Questions
    • comfortable with any shift time? and how long will you stay here if you are hired?   Answer Question
    no negotiation.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in August 2011.

Your selection depend upon your feedback from your previous manager and peers. If your feedback is good then even if your interview is not that good , you might get selected. However you should know atleast the basics of your area.

Interview Questions
    • It was a technical question from my previous profile , which was relevant to the position i was applying   View Answer
    HR will try to negotiate hard, however if you know someone from inside it would be help you understand how much you should ask. However if you ask as per the market standards it will be ok

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

2 Rounds of Interviews
    1)Face to Face
    2)HR

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in August 2013.

process 1 GD( only to check your communication skills)
    process 2 aptitude test( short listed candidates only)
    process 3 Interview (short listed candidates only)

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in June 2013.

Got the call from RBS Gurgaon HR and details of my current profile were taken.
    The next week initial telephonic interview was scheduled(level-intermediate)
    After one week of 1st tech round 2nd round telephonic was scheduled-Business+technical(level- difficult to inter)
    After one week of 2nd technical round VC was scheduled with VP and his manager where there were realtime questions on Production support ITIL basic business question were asked.

After 3 days i was informed that i was selected and had a HR round.No salary negosiation as they offered me what I asked and I was satisfied.

I must say Gurgaon HR's are really well spoken (polite) and very prompt.

Interview Questions
    • How do you check the growth of file in unix and various other basic commands in UNIX and oracle.   Answer Question
    I was offered what i asked for after giving justification of why that amount.It was more than what i expected and I was really very happy and satisfied.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in December 2012.

- Impressive line of questions.
    - There was a telephonic round, and HR round and then a face to face round.
    - The interviews were well structured, and also happened in a very timely manner.
    - Special mention of the HR team of the Gurgaon Centre, they are very considerate and are really encouraging,

Interview Questions
    • None. The onshore partners were very sensible, and asked questions ranging from profile and common sense questions as well.   Answer Question

Profile was very new for me.

Worked for Royal Bank of Scotland? Contribute to the Community!