Royal Bank of Scotland Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview was a series of simple bond math and personality/fit questions with some market questions such as what's something you've read lately and your thoughts on it. Two 2 on 1 interviews with one on campus and the Superday at their Stamford headquarters. The fit questions were anything from personality to leadership. What is your biggest strength/weakness, etc. Know why RBS, why Markets (or whatever subdivision), and what roles particularly interest you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you've had recently, how you handled it, and why.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Bank of Scotland

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Houston, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

I did not have any contact with the company previously. I simply dropped my resume online and was asked to interview while they were on campus at my university. I was interviewed by two men: one VP and one analyst. The interview was almost entirely technical and one of them seemed to enjoy watching me suffer through the interview. I did okay at best.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through an adjustment you made on a purchase balance sheet for your previous employer.   Answer Question
    • How do you determine terminal value?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in October 2009.

Interview

The interviewer was cold and asked few questions. Not very interested in the process. Did grill me on parts of my resume. Be prepared to talk about modeling and other financial pieces. Other than that I just ran through my resume. I am not sure what she was looking for exactly. Did not give me much time to ask her questions.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Delhi (India)).

Interview

Royal Bank of Scotland had an e litmus test which needed to be cleared ...they called all of us for a complete for a day had a case study and presentations n 1 technical interview n 1 Human Resource interview. Overall it was good enough the company sees the overall personality of the person. I had done intern through this interview thereafter received a PPO offer.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

One pretty elaborate technical round which was a telephonic round followed by a F2F manager round. Then the HR round where the salary negotiation part happened. The entire process completed in a few days and the offer was related in less than a weeks' time.

Interview Questions

• Tell Me One Thing You Would Change About Your Last Job   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Chennai (India)).

Interview

Interview process will have a general discussion(GD), and a simple analytical written which also contains, typing test and general english. after that a common HR round. for experienced, the corresponding team manager and team leader will take the interview to check on your skills

Interview Questions

• comfortable with any shift time? and how long will you stay here if you are hired?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

2 Rounds of Interviews
    1)Face to Face
    2)HR

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Warsaw (Poland)) in September 2013.

Interview

There are three phases of recruitment process. First one is phone interview - here your foreign language skills are tested and so are you verbal presentation skills. Second one is one to one interview, very typical - asking about your motivations and psychological traits. Third one is interview with HR employee - to test you psychologically and to check your motives and also to negotiate salary.

Interview Questions

• Plase tell me in details about your interest.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked how much I'd like to learn. There's a salary range and it is good to know it before you apply as you can get a better deal with that knowledge.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Chennai (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

process 1 GD( only to check your communication skills)
    process 2 aptitude test( short listed candidates only)
    process 3 Interview (short listed candidates only)

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New Delhi (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

Interview was quite technical in nature. Everything related to banking and finance were asked by the interviewer. Also, there were certain misleading information was provided relating to the growth and salary increment in interview as well as orientation + Induction. HR people are themselves not clear about the policies they will beat around the bush but will not answer your query.