Royal Bank of Scotland

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in October 2010.

Interview Details – I did not have any contact with the company previously. I simply dropped my resume online and was asked to interview while they were on campus at my university. I was interviewed by two men: one VP and one analyst. The interview was almost entirely technical and one of them seemed to enjoy watching me suffer through the interview. I did okay at best.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through an adjustment you made on a purchase balance sheet for your previous employer.   Answer Question
  • How do you determine terminal value?   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interviewer was cold and asked few questions. Not very interested in the process. Did grill me on parts of my resume. Be prepared to talk about modeling and other financial pieces. Other than that I just ran through my resume. I am not sure what she was looking for exactly. Did not give me much time to ask her questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

New Delhi (India)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in July 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was quite technical in nature. Everything related to banking and finance were asked by the interviewer. Also, there were certain misleading information was provided relating to the growth and salary increment in interview as well as orientation + Induction. HR people are themselves not clear about the policies they will beat around the bush but will not answer your query.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected. It was fine.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview Details – Interview process will have a general discussion(GD), and a simple analytical written which also contains, typing test and general english. after that a common HR round. for experienced, the corresponding team manager and team leader will take the interview to check on your skills

Interview Question – comfortable with any shift time? and how long will you stay here if you are hired?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in August 2011.

Interview Details – Your selection depend upon your feedback from your previous manager and peers. If your feedback is good then even if your interview is not that good , you might get selected. However you should know atleast the basics of your area.

Interview Question – It was a technical question from my previous profile , which was relevant to the position i was applying   View Answer

Negotiation Details – HR will try to negotiate hard, however if you know someone from inside it would be help you understand how much you should ask. However if you ask as per the market standards it will be ok

Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview Details – 2 Rounds of Interviews
1)Face to Face
2)HR

Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in August 2013.

Interview Details – process 1 GD( only to check your communication skills)
process 2 aptitude test( short listed candidates only)
process 3 Interview (short listed candidates only)

Interview Question – technical question   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in June 2013.

Interview Details – Got the call from RBS Gurgaon HR and details of my current profile were taken.
The next week initial telephonic interview was scheduled(level-intermediate)
After one week of 1st tech round 2nd round telephonic was scheduled-Business+technical(level- difficult to inter)
After one week of 2nd technical round VC was scheduled with VP and his manager where there were realtime questions on Production support ITIL basic business question were asked.

After 3 days i was informed that i was selected and had a HR round.No salary negosiation as they offered me what I asked and I was satisfied.

I must say Gurgaon HR's are really well spoken (polite) and very prompt.

Interview Question – How do you check the growth of file in unix and various other basic commands in UNIX and oracle.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered what i asked for after giving justification of why that amount.It was more than what i expected and I was really very happy and satisfied.

Delhi (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in December 2012.

Interview Details – - Impressive line of questions.
- There was a telephonic round, and HR round and then a face to face round.
- The interviews were well structured, and also happened in a very timely manner.
- Special mention of the HR team of the Gurgaon Centre, they are very considerate and are really encouraging,

Interview Question – None. The onshore partners were very sensible, and asked questions ranging from profile and common sense questions as well.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Profile was very new for me.

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in February 2012.

Interview Details – Easier to get through if you are referred by some one.

Interview Question – Justification for average academic records?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Difficult, HR negotiate a lot.

Worked for Royal Bank of Scotland? Contribute to the Community!