Royal Bank of Scotland Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2015

2.6

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

- Two telephonic rounds, where basic Finance & IT questions were asked - Bonds, Capital markets, Derivatives, Trade life cycle, UAT testing, requirement gathering strategies, etc. - F2F round was more of case studies and situation based questions, which lasted about an hour. There were two people in the interview panel.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Bank of Scotland

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

After application and numerical test came the first telephone interview. A very nice guy first introduced the interview process and then introduced himself. He asked about four questions regarding the knowledge of how you know about the company and the programme. Then he assessed my answer and continued to the competency quesitions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what do you know about our programme   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2010.

Interview

Very professional way of conducting the interview. The process included a skill test on Microsoft Visio followed by a face-to-face interview with the head of the group

Interview Questions

• The visio test involved creating a process flow as well as explaining the process   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much negotiation on the salary

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2010.

Interview

2 telephone interview, one from project director for JD, another from HR for offer, nothing fancy.

Interview Questions

• i see your background was from IT, are you aware this is finance position? why tou pick this?   1 Answer
    • currently, we don't have any team, we don't have any clue what are we doing, we don't have any infrastructure, we don't have any solution , do you think you can do this?   1 Answer

Negotiation

yes, got increment by 5%. Just keep trying and show you have value.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Chennai (India)) in January 2010.

Interview

Interview is difficult. They will take Domain, System knowledge rounds also Case Studies & Situations

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Dont negotiate much .. you may loose the offer - Avg. 30-40% Hike

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2009.

Interview

There were couple of telephonic rounds. This was followed by the case study. Lastly I was called for personal interview in Gurgaon office. There also I gave few personal interview along with presentation on case study. The last round was HR interview which did not took place.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in July 2008.

Interview

I was interviewed one on one and the interview consisted of questions about my experience, my background, the companies I have worked with, technical knowledge of derivatives. I was interviewed one on one and the interview consisted of questions about my experience, my background, the companies I have worked with, technical knowledge of derivatives.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in July 2007.

Interview

staright forward 1-1 interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much negotiation.