Royal Bank of Scotland Customer Services Officer Interview Questions & Reviews

3 interviews

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Services Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Leeds, England (UK)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in April 2010.

I was placed with this company via an agency (Manpower), so the interview was conducted by my liaison there. My first contact with RBS was the two weeks of intensive training, and the trainers were laid-back, knowledgeable, and helpful throughout the process. I was sorry to have to leave (which I did because my husband and I were moving due to his job).

Interview Questions
  • I always find the "how do you approach a massive workload" question tricky, because some employers seem to want to hear you prioritize and focus on one at a time, whereas others want to hear that you can work on several things at once, switching between tasks.   Answer Question
None.

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Bank of Scotland

Customer Services Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in February 2012.

They basically ask you how you have demonstrated certain attributes in the past, etc. But what really seemed to impress the lady interviewing me was any passed experience of selling. I had experience and they were impressed. This is because, being in the call center, you'll have to do some selling.

Interview Questions
    • trying to impress with selling techniques and selling past experience if you have any.   View Answer

Too much travelling involved

Customer Service Officer Interview

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in September 2009.

The Interview process is slow. Wrote an online questionnaire. This is to know if you have the personality they want. I then had a telephone Interview two days after wards. I was asked very simple maths questions. 3 in all. A calculator is allowed. All the questions asked were competency based, where you have to give scenerios of what happened and what role you played. I was told immediately that I passed.
    I had a 1 to 1 interview 5 weeks after. Interview questions were same as telephone interview questions. Its ok to use the same answer. I was called the next day and told I Passed but that the vacancy was filled. I was invited for the final interview 7 months thereafter. Same kind of questions. I passed and got the offer the next day.
    Advice is that use different scenerios when aswering the questions but all should be related on effective and quality customer service.

Good luck.

Interview Questions
    • Give us a scenerio when you handled a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Give us a scenerio when you objected to you team leader and refused to follow the normal procedures.   Answer Question

I got a better offer.

Worked for Royal Bank of Scotland? Contribute to the Community!