Royal Bank of Scotland

Updated Feb 9, 2015

2.8

Spring Week Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in February 2015.

Initial application, then psychometric tests including logical and numerical tests, then I had to wait around a while, and finally they asked me to sign up for an interview. They even gave me feedback after which is nice. The interview was very informal. It is worth noting that if you don't know enough about RBS/the program, they will not let you move on to the second part of the interview.

Interview Questions

I wanted to go on spring break to Italy.

Corporate Responsibilty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Job advertisement. Invited for curry and interview. They didn't want to take a risk on me as a Politics student even though I got good interview feedback. The process was done in an Indian restaurant and you were given a meal (which was good) but the open environment for conducting interview was intimidating, you knew other candidates were listening to you. Trying to do more on corporate responsibility but not enough. Good business prizes diversity of thought in the long run.

Intranet Developer (Placement) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

A CV sent to their representatives and got an interview.

The interview is pretty simple but includes weird questions like '2 of your employees are in disagreement and you cannot change their mind. What do you do?'. Ridiculous for a student placement.

90% of the interview is competency based.

10% is easy web development questions which anyone would be able to do.

The staff who interview you are unprofessional and give each other glares when you get a question wrong. They don't seem to know much about their field either.

With this sort of recruitment process, expect to be given easy and boring tasks that don't challenge you. I found this out from a friend who was employed there.

Interview Questions
    • 2 of your employees are in disagreement and you cannot change their mind. What do you do?   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in February 2012.

Thoroughly professional and quick process. Usual stages like Online tests, Telephone interview and an assessment centre

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in November 2010.

I was phoned by an internal RBS recruitment consultant and asked if I would like to apply. Interview rated on key core competencies, these included the core values of the bank and you had to give examples of where you had shown these. These were given to you prior to the interview to allow you to prepare.

Good

Private Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in October 2010.

Found out about job through internal company website. Was then given a presentation by members of the department to my old department. Was interviewed as part of mass growth of department by a lady with no connection to the department. Was contacted by phone by department and offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Was given a diary management puzzle and 30 mins to resolve scenario   Answer Question

Head of User Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in September 2010.

Recommended within the organisation after interviewing for another contract role. 1st stage was a telephone interview, 2nd stage face to face with Senior Manager, 3rd stage was with potential peers and the swiss citizen that I would replace.

Interview Questions
    • Given that we have a mature process in place do you feel able to support it as is, going forward?   View Answer