Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions in Edinburgh, Scotland

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intranet Developer (Placement) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

A CV sent to their representatives and got an interview.

The interview is pretty simple but includes weird questions like '2 of your employees are in disagreement and you cannot change their mind. What do you do?'. Ridiculous for a student placement.

90% of the interview is competency based.

10% is easy web development questions which anyone would be able to do.

The staff who interview you are unprofessional and give each other glares when you get a question wrong. They don't seem to know much about their field either.

With this sort of recruitment process, expect to be given easy and boring tasks that don't challenge you. I found this out from a friend who was employed there.

Interview Questions
    • 2 of your employees are in disagreement and you cannot change their mind. What do you do?   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in February 2012.

Thoroughly professional and quick process. Usual stages like Online tests, Telephone interview and an assessment centre

Private Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in October 2010.

Found out about job through internal company website. Was then given a presentation by members of the department to my old department. Was interviewed as part of mass growth of department by a lady with no connection to the department. Was contacted by phone by department and offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Was given a diary management puzzle and 30 mins to resolve scenario   Answer Question

Head of User Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in September 2010.

Recommended within the organisation after interviewing for another contract role. 1st stage was a telephone interview, 2nd stage face to face with Senior Manager, 3rd stage was with potential peers and the swiss citizen that I would replace.

Interview Questions
    • Given that we have a mature process in place do you feel able to support it as is, going forward?   View Answer

Worked for Royal Bank of Scotland? Contribute to the Community!