Royal Bank of Scotland International Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014
Updated Jul 17, 2014
74 interviews

Controls Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International in June 2012.

Full competency based and cv related question with two people and lasted 1.5 hours. Four questions in star format and skills based questions from cv. Offered the job within 2 weeks.

Questions were on achieving excellence, understanding issues, finding solutions and influencing. Communication the other competency was assessed throughout the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you influenced managers to change a process   Answer Question

Capital Markets Interview

wrote two SWOT analysis, group discussion, role play, both technical and non technical interview questions.
    first three parts based on information given by RBS, top tip I will give is to be quick. Personally I do not think the interview could be prepared, so be yourself on the day. problem solving skills are essential

Interview Questions
    • It seems we were expected to memorize some key figures from the information given   Answer Question

Process Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International.

it was 2 round process aptitude test and interview took a day to complete the process. the company came for campus recruitment and there i got the opportunity.
    it startewd with an aptitude test that cponsists of logical resoning, aptitude, geral question, writing skills and english skills.
    after that a short interview of 15--20 minutes

Interview Questions
    • it wass simple interview based on whatever you have written on your resume and you rpojects done.   Answer Question

Technology Intern Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International.

Was invited to telephone interview. Questions were mostly competency based: Why RBS why this program? The issues RBS currently facing? A situation where your teammates is unethical? A time when you helped someone?

The guy was quite nice and it was my problem in delivery that led to the failure. Best of the luck for everyone!

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International in April 2014.

Having completed online tests, I went through a competency-based interview and a skills interview at an RBS office in London. I completed a one-to-one presentation in front of a manager, and a group task.

Analyst Graduate Interview

1:1 Interview and online app

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if I gave you a brick?   View Answer
    Fine

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International in November 2010.

Telephonic/2 Technical F2F/2 Managerial round/1 hr round/negotiation emails.

Interview Questions
    • What if your team denies to stretch and you've plenty work to give it to them.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International.

They conducted face to face interview, provided food.Hiring Manager conducted interview and asked basics questions from resume and hiring process related questions/

Operations Analyst for Futures and Options Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Manchester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International in January 2014.

Job opportunity was listed on efinancialcareers.co.uk. RBS responded by inviting me to carry out a 25 minute telephone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Which Investment banking tools are you most familiar with such as reconciliation products?   Answer Question

RBS Wealth Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International in January 2014.

Filled out short online application form. Then had online tests including SJT, numerical, logical, verbal. Then telephone interview- lasted about 40 minutes. Questions were based on my knowledge of RBS, knowledge of wealth, motivations for applying and then competencies. Then assessment centre. Assessment centre included a group exercise, role play, numerical reasoning test and competency interview.

Interview Questions
    • Your manager wants you to help implement a new solution in your department. Many of your older colleagues don't like the new solution. What would you do?   Answer Question