Royal Bank of Scotland International

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

Commercial Banking Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International in September 2014.

Initial application form, numerical and logical tests (bit different to shl so could require a little extra practise), telephone interview. Telephone interview is conducted in a very professional manner and the interviewer was very friendly. Usual competency questions - Why RBS? Why Commercial Banking? What challenges does RBS face? Focus on the tips that RBS send when you are invited to the interview and on the star technique. Make sure you have example of the RBS competencies.

Capital Markets Interview

wrote two SWOT analysis, group discussion, role play, both technical and non technical interview questions.
    first three parts based on information given by RBS, top tip I will give is to be quick. Personally I do not think the interview could be prepared, so be yourself on the day. problem solving skills are essential

Interview Questions
    • It seems we were expected to memorize some key figures from the information given   Answer Question

Process Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International.

it was 2 round process aptitude test and interview took a day to complete the process. the company came for campus recruitment and there i got the opportunity.
    it startewd with an aptitude test that cponsists of logical resoning, aptitude, geral question, writing skills and english skills.
    after that a short interview of 15--20 minutes

Interview Questions
    • it wass simple interview based on whatever you have written on your resume and you rpojects done.   Answer Question

Technology Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International.

Was invited to telephone interview. Questions were mostly competency based: Why RBS why this program? The issues RBS currently facing? A situation where your teammates is unethical? A time when you helped someone?

The guy was quite nice and it was my problem in delivery that led to the failure. Best of the luck for everyone!

Analyst Graduate Interview

1:1 Interview and online app

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if I gave you a brick?   View Answer
    Fine

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International in April 2014.

Having completed online tests, I went through a competency-based interview and a skills interview at an RBS office in London. I completed a one-to-one presentation in front of a manager, and a group task.

Process Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International in April 2014.

the first round was aptitude test, which checks on your knowledge in basic maths, verbal ability, letter writing and speed typing test. after1 week i was called for the technical round

Interview Questions
    • the questions were only about your resume and general questions and strengths and weakness   View Answer

Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International.

They conducted face to face interview, provided food.Hiring Manager conducted interview and asked basics questions from resume and hiring process related questions/

RBS Wealth Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International in January 2014.

Filled out short online application form. Then had online tests including SJT, numerical, logical, verbal. Then telephone interview- lasted about 40 minutes. Questions were based on my knowledge of RBS, knowledge of wealth, motivations for applying and then competencies. Then assessment centre. Assessment centre included a group exercise, role play, numerical reasoning test and competency interview.

Interview Questions
    • Your manager wants you to help implement a new solution in your department. Many of your older colleagues don't like the new solution. What would you do?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst for Futures and Options Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International in January 2014.

Job opportunity was listed on efinancialcareers.co.uk. RBS responded by inviting me to carry out a 25 minute telephone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Which Investment banking tools are you most familiar with such as reconciliation products?   Answer Question