Royal Bank of Scotland International

Relevance Date Difficulty

Capital Markets Interview

Capital Markets

Interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International

Interview Details – wrote two SWOT analysis, group discussion, role play, both technical and non technical interview questions.
first three parts based on information given by RBS, top tip I will give is to be quick. Personally I do not think the interview could be prepared, so be yourself on the day. problem solving skills are essential

Interview Question – It seems we were expected to memorize some key figures from the information given   Answer Question

Process Associate Interview

Process Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International.

Interview Details – it was 2 round process aptitude test and interview took a day to complete the process. the company came for campus recruitment and there i got the opportunity.
it startewd with an aptitude test that cponsists of logical resoning, aptitude, geral question, writing skills and english skills.
after that a short interview of 15--20 minutes

Interview Question – it wass simple interview based on whatever you have written on your resume and you rpojects done.   Answer Question

Technology Intern Interview

Technology Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International.

Interview Details – Was invited to telephone interview. Questions were mostly competency based: Why RBS why this program? The issues RBS currently facing? A situation where your teammates is unethical? A time when you helped someone?

The guy was quite nice and it was my problem in delivery that led to the failure. Best of the luck for everyone!

Interview Question – The issues RBS currently facing?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International in April 2014.

Interview Details – Having completed online tests, I went through a competency-based interview and a skills interview at an RBS office in London. I completed a one-to-one presentation in front of a manager, and a group task.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you have failed.   Answer Question

Analyst Graduate Interview

Negotiation Details – Fine

Team Lead Interview

Team Lead
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International in November 2010.

Interview Details – Telephonic/2 Technical F2F/2 Managerial round/1 hr round/negotiation emails.

Interview Question – What if your team denies to stretch and you've plenty work to give it to them.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International.

Interview Details – They conducted face to face interview, provided food.Hiring Manager conducted interview and asked basics questions from resume and hiring process related questions/

Interview Question – Asked about home loan credits.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst for Futures and Options Interview

Operations Analyst for Futures and Options
Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International in January 2014.

Interview Details – Job opportunity was listed on efinancialcareers.co.uk. RBS responded by inviting me to carry out a 25 minute telephone interview.

Interview Question – Which Investment banking tools are you most familiar with such as reconciliation products?   Answer Question

RBS Wealth Internship Interview

RBS Wealth Internship
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International in January 2014.

Interview Details – Filled out short online application form. Then had online tests including SJT, numerical, logical, verbal. Then telephone interview- lasted about 40 minutes. Questions were based on my knowledge of RBS, knowledge of wealth, motivations for applying and then competencies. Then assessment centre. Assessment centre included a group exercise, role play, numerical reasoning test and competency interview.

Interview Question – Your manager wants you to help implement a new solution in your department. Many of your older colleagues don't like the new solution. What would you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International in November 2013.

Interview Details – After initial application form and online tests was invited to an assessment centre.
Consisted of:
Written SWOT analysis (loads of information, given an hour to go through)
Group exercise (about same company as SWOT analysis, 3 are advisors, 3 are members of the credit board, have to reach an agreement on whether to change level working with a client)
2 Competency Interviews (pretty standard, just fit questions)
Presentation (about the same firm for the SWOT analysis and group exercise. you talk for 10 minutes about the objectives of the task and then have a Q&A session)

Interview Question – Pretty standard valuation questions like how to forecast free cash flow   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Royal Bank of Scotland International