Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2014
Updated Aug 30, 2014

Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

I applied online and received a phone call within two weeks telling me I was selected for a phone interview. The phone interview only took about 30 minutes and was mostly personality/skills based questions. Three days later I received a phone call telling me I needed to come to their onsite location to finish the interview process. I interviewed for about an hour in a half during their onsite interviews and received a notification about two weeks later saying I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • How many pancakes are eaten on any given day in New York City   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Typical interview, nothing exceptional, it was a 1 off role for a one off project. So nothing should be read into these comments for new recruitment. It was professional & they are a professional organisation.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in May 2010.

Two rounds of interviews, first with the direct manager and her associates. An interview - at a later date - with the division head. I believe that the first interview was to assess my abilities and competence in the field, and that the interviewers discussed among themselves my background. Afterwards, the second interview was simply to see if the division head liked me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in August 2011.

1 initial phone interview by hiring manager, 1 phone technical screen from UK, 1 face to face with 2 people

i asked and i got what i wanted.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

I met with a total of 4 individuals when I interviewed for the firm. All of the questions were related to what the current role entailed and my background and professional experience.
    I met with the Managing Director, two of the VPs and another analyst. They were all very professional and laid back. No major surprises, as long as you know your information and can back it with real examples you will be fine.

Summer Analyst Interview

First round phone interview- FIT questions
    Second round at Stamford office- focus once again on fit

Interview Questions
    • Nothing that was completely unexpected, it was more of a conversation   Answer Question

Coverage Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

They actually interviewed me for two positions without letting me know. the other senior was the head of sales of the branch. He asked many technical questions on bonds and derivatives and I was only partially ready for it

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

I started working at RBS as a contractor and then was hired as a full time employee, as are many contractors. At the present time, the company is trying to eliminate contractors since they are more costly than are full time employees, which RBS doesn't pay well.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions: it was simply a matter of "do you want the job or we will get rid of you".   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation - here's the pay, take or leave it.

RBS Markets Summer Analyst Interview

Submitted my application through my school's career services website, interviewed 2 weeks later. In person interview, 30 minutes, no technical questions - all fit based. Great conversation about my background, experience, and what my career plans were.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in October 2012.

One day of interviews. 3 interviews. First with the manager, second with two team leads, and the third on the phone with a corporate head. Very quick and painless. From first call to an offer made took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • They seemed more interested in the job I was leaving than the job at hand.   View Answer
    They gave an offer, it was fair, but allowed no room for negotiation. Everyone at the location makes the same amount for the same position. They did not allow me to counter. So you either accept it or not.

Worked for Royal Bank of Scotland? Contribute to the Community!