Royal Bank of Scotland

Average Difficulty
222 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Stamford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in May 2010.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interviews, first with the direct manager and her associates. An interview - at a later date - with the division head. I believe that the first interview was to assess my abilities and competence in the field, and that the interviewers discussed among themselves my background. Afterwards, the second interview was simply to see if the division head liked me.

Interview Question – What type of tea do you like?   Answer Question

Stamford, CT

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in August 2011.

Interview Details – 1 initial phone interview by hiring manager, 1 phone technical screen from UK, 1 face to face with 2 people

Negotiation Details – i asked and i got what i wanted.

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview Details – I met with a total of 4 individuals when I interviewed for the firm. All of the questions were related to what the current role entailed and my background and professional experience.
I met with the Managing Director, two of the VPs and another analyst. They were all very professional and laid back. No major surprises, as long as you know your information and can back it with real examples you will be fine.

Interview Question – No major trick questions.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

Interview Details – First round phone interview- FIT questions
Second round at Stamford office- focus once again on fit

Interview Question – Nothing that was completely unexpected, it was more of a conversation   Answer Question

Coverage Analyst Interview

Coverage Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview Details – They actually interviewed me for two positions without letting me know. the other senior was the head of sales of the branch. He asked many technical questions on bonds and derivatives and I was only partially ready for it

Interview Question – what do you think of the italian SMEs market?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Stamford, CT

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview Details – I started working at RBS as a contractor and then was hired as a full time employee, as are many contractors. At the present time, the company is trying to eliminate contractors since they are more costly than are full time employees, which RBS doesn't pay well.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions: it was simply a matter of "do you want the job or we will get rid of you".   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation - here's the pay, take or leave it.

RBS Markets Summer Analyst Interview

RBS Markets Summer Analyst

Interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland

Interview Details – Submitted my application through my school's career services website, interviewed 2 weeks later. In person interview, 30 minutes, no technical questions - all fit based. Great conversation about my background, experience, and what my career plans were.

Interview Question – Why don't you have a really high GPA?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in October 2012.

Interview Details – One day of interviews. 3 interviews. First with the manager, second with two team leads, and the third on the phone with a corporate head. Very quick and painless. From first call to an offer made took about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – They seemed more interested in the job I was leaving than the job at hand.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They gave an offer, it was fair, but allowed no room for negotiation. Everyone at the location makes the same amount for the same position. They did not allow me to counter. So you either accept it or not.

AML Compliance Interview

AML Compliance

Interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland

Interview Details – Two rounds of interviews. Entire process took 4 months.

Interview Question – Very detailed questions about experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got about 10% more than offered

Rick Control Interview

Rick Control

Interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland

Interview Details – Met with two people from middle office department for approx. 20 minutes each. Do not tell them you are interested in transition to a front office position.

Interview Question – What is your weakness   Answer Question

Worked for Royal Bank of Scotland? Contribute to the Community!