Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014
Updated Sep 23, 2014

Software Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in December 2010.

3 technical rounds
    2 managerial rounds
    1 hr round

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving your current company?   View Answer
    • You are selected. Can we discuss your salary package?   View Answer
    went well

Software Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in January 2010.

There was a written test conducted for CICS, JCL, DB2 and COBOL (Each topic has a separate test). The test can be taken from any sify center. The test is very tough and tiring. The number of questions are not fixed. As you keep answering the questions keep appearing till the time ends. Next is the face to face interview which has 2 rounds. The is a generic communication, personality round. The second is the final technical round. In this situation based questions are asked. Like how would you design for this requirement, How would you handle this issue, etc. Then the HR round.

Interview Questions
    • The written test was the most difficult and unexpected one. I haven't expected to pass through but I had fared with very good score.   Answer Question
    Yes I was able to. As I already had an offer in hand it was easy for me to get what I had asked for. Negotiation is mandatory to get a good pay in RBS as far as I know.

Sales and Trading Graduate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in September 2012.

I applied online and had to do the numerical reasoning test. That was pretty straight forward. I was then invited to attend their assessment centre in the City. That was a long day that was mainly made up of four rounds of interviews and assignments. Each was for a specific department: Sales, trading, Research, and Structuring. My personal favourite was the research assignment as it I was able to use my own insights and opinions on why I chose a certain company out of three to invest in. The structuring one was a bit more complicated. I also had to redo the numerical reasoning test.

Interview Questions
    • We were provided with a brief about a certain product and we were asked to discuss as a group which one of our products is the best performing. And two interviewers were watching how we work in a team and if we can put our points across. It was not bad exept for the fact that the products themselves were kind of hard to understand so it made arguing your point harder.   Answer Question

Customer Care Associate Interview

Only given aptitude round

Interview Questions
    • Numerical reasoning question were so tough with less time given.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in November 2012.

interactive, apply on the portal, business process driven

FInance Trader Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in October 2011.

4 interviews consisting of competency based questions. Name a time you dealt with a difficult person. Solved a problem.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Multiple rounds of technical, domain and managerial.

Interview Questions
    • Current salary and expected salary at earlier stage interview itself   View Answer

Got another better offer

Spring Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in January 2014.

Applied online, then had to take many online tests including a situational judgement, maths and logical test. Invited to a long telephone interview (45mins-1hour) containing questions relating to my interests in the company itself, the challenges it faced and then general situational questions. Called to confirm the placement within a week.

Interview Questions
    • What challenges are RBS facing in the present and in the future?   Answer Question

Junior Process Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in February 2014.

Aptitude test & Personal Interview

Software Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in August 2010.

It was a detail process, couple of rounds of Technical screening, followed by competency based written tests, then again a couple of rounds of Technical screening (this time face to face), then again Management rounds and finally a HR interview (salary expectation). It was a tough process but structured.

Interview Questions
    • Usually all the questions are competency based and it was scenario based, questions are pretty much available or taken from many internet sites but with a decent preparation one can crack it.   Answer Question
    I had to negotiate twice to come closer to my expectation, you need to press foot and negotiate :)

Worked for Royal Bank of Scotland? Contribute to the Community!