Royal Bank of Scotland

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

Risks Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in March 2014.

I applied online and then was asked to sit several tests (e.g. Situation Judgement, Numerical & Logical reasoning); then got a telephone interview. There were 3 questions in the interview, two of them were competency based. I applied in January and got interview in early March. The process took a month and a half.

Commercial Banking Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in February 2015.

After completing the online application you are given an invitation to take the situational test. If you passed this then you were required to take a numerical and logical test. I was then invited for a telephone interview around mid-January. This entailed one question on why the company and the division you applied for and then two following situational questions. By mid-Feburary I was invited to an assessment centre which involved a group exercise, role play and presentation, interview and then finally a case study. Now waiting to hear back from them.

Process Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dehra Dūn (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dehra Dūn (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in February 2015.

it was well coordinated & the whole process was smooth.the interviewer was very good.She listened what i had to say & made sure i didnt panic during the interview.the overall interview process was good & result was announced on the same day.

Interview Questions
    • about urself,about our backgrounds,how I would suit with the company   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Awesome. Really well planned. Well organised. Office is nice. They treat the candidates warmly.
    Overall enjoyed attending the rounds. The interview was well organised and the associates gave frequent update on the process

Interview Questions
    • More process related questions for Team lead. Technical was challenging as well. It will take 1 complete day since there are multiple rounds   View Answer

Capital Markets Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in October 2014.

For the first round, I interviewed with an associate and a managing director over the phone. I was invited for a Super Day at the company a few weeks later. There, I had two interviews, both with two people. The first interview included a vice president and the associate who was on the first phone call. The second one included a vice president and a managing director.

Process Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Their process was gd,online aptitude and interview. As there were less candidates they gone for online aptitude and HR interview. aptitude was quite easy and could crack it easily . Hr round was all common, they asked general scenario based questions. Was totally good.

Interview Questions
    • how good are you in convincing others?
      tell me about your pros and cons related to studies?

Customer Services Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

After applying via sending my CV. I was contacted via email about a schedules telephone interview. This followed a week later. The telephone interview lasted roughly 30-40 minutes. Competency questions linking to experience, team work, using initiative questions. Was pretty simple successfully passed that stage was scheduled next for a face to face interview. Could have been far more prepared standard type questions. Why rbs?

Interview Questions
    • why rbs?
      Why customer service?
      what makes you stand out from other?
      what do you know about the company?

Risk Assessment, Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Applied online and a couple of weeks later I received a call from the recruiter to arrange first round interview with the hiring manager. I had three rounds of interview, including one with the overall business head. All interviews lasted about 45 mins each and were all competency based.

After three rounds of interview, I was waiting up to four weeks for feedback and during that time I chased to the point of frustration. It was just an overall disappointing experience and due to a change in personal circumstances I withdrew my interest in the role and lost interest in RBS.

Spring Week Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in February 2015.

Initial application, then psychometric tests including logical and numerical tests, then I had to wait around a while, and finally they asked me to sign up for an interview. They even gave me feedback after which is nice. The interview was very informal. It is worth noting that if you don't know enough about RBS/the program, they will not let you move on to the second part of the interview.

Interview Questions

I wanted to go on spring break to Italy.

Commercial Banking Graduate Programmer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Applied online. Had to do three tests.. situational judgement, numerical and logical reasoning. Had the the Telephone interview after a week. overall it was not a bad experience. the interview lasted around 40 minutes and

Interview Questions
    • A few motivational questions.. why rbs? what do you know about this division? why this programme?Two competency questions ..Tell me about a time when you helped someone achieve their goals. There were a lot of follow up questions
      Describe a situation when you challenged something that was not compatible with your principles.