Royal Bank of Scotland

207 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Trainee Interview

Graduate Trainee

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview Details – assessment center include behavoral interviews and group discussion and a test on IQ

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral...   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call from the recruiter. From there a phone interview was scheduled and then an in-office interview.

Interview Question – None. Mostly fit questions.   View Answer

Director Interview

Stamford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview Details – Best to utilize headhunters to obtain interviews.

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation.

Capital Markets SA Interview

Stamford, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in February 2012.

Interview Details – Consisted of a first round interview on campus and then a superday at the Stamford office

Interview Question – How many soccer balls are sold in the U.S. per year?   Answer Question

Banking and Finance Interview

New London, CT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in April 2008.

Interview Details – My first interview was conduct on phone by the ABN Amro Bank N.V Pakistan and I've been ask for my qualification and general question and my learning experience during my internship with financial organization.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – mostly of the time I've seen that the employer ask for salary package and benefits and I usually negotiation o it. I just give them the calculation of rise in fuel prices and daily expenditure to meet my daily necessities.

Consultant Interview

Hartford, CT

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in March 2011.

Interview Details – Approached on Linked in for the interview. Had a couple of telephonic interviews and then I was called onsite for the interview. The trip was well arranged, and everything was smooth and easy. On site there were 5 different interviews held, most of them centered around typical SAS related knowledge.

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Stamford, CT

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was selected for an on campus interview.half hour 2-1 with recent full time employees. Got a call back to come for the "Super Friday" in Stamford. Met with many other students who were interviewing for all summer positions. Had two separate half hour interviews again 2-1 with managers in the department. I am waiting to send thank you emails this monday and will wait to hear back. I thought it was a little odd they are the by far the quickest for having both interviews done before other companies even offer the first interview times. Stamford is nice, and RBS is known for their comfortable working environment.

Interview Questions

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Stamford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in August 2011.

Interview Details – There was delay in background check and people being on vacation, otherwise pretty straighforward. Phone screen, skills test, in person interview, background check, offer, decsion, notice, start date.

Interview Question – Are you sure you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Stay firm in what you want. If it is reasonable from your background, experienc and market conditions.

Summer Analyst Interview

Stamford, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in June 2010.

Interview Details – The phone interview was basic resume dissecting. Then the candidates are invited to the office where there is a rotation with two employees and a tour of office. Everyone was nice some technical questions and personal questions. The company has great facilities and good people. I heard from another candidate that they picked him up from airport and paid for his hotel.

Interview Question – What was reason for financial collapse?   Answer Question

RBS Global Banking & Markets Program (GBM) Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in October 2010.

Interview Details – After submitting my application/CV through my university career website, I was informed that I was given an on-campus interview. The interview consisted of a 2:1 interview, with a recent grad from my university who was working where I applied, and a senior member from another office. The interview was about 30 minutes, and was mainly fit (they did toss a brain teaser in as well). On the whole, the interviewers looked for primarily people centered and educated in finance, and a strong background and prior work experience in either investment banking or capital markets seemed to be extremely advantageous.

Interview Question – I don't see anything on your resume that would lead me to believe that you are interested in investment banking. Can you please explain why you want to work in the field?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Royal Bank of Scotland