Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT) in May 2010.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, first with the direct manager and her associates. An interview - at a later date - with the division head. I believe that the first interview was to assess my abilities and competence in the field, and that the interviewers discussed among themselves my background. Afterwards, the second interview was simply to see if the division head liked me.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in October 2009.

Interview

The interviewer was cold and asked few questions. Not very interested in the process. Did grill me on parts of my resume. Be prepared to talk about modeling and other financial pieces. Other than that I just ran through my resume. I am not sure what she was looking for exactly. Did not give me much time to ask her questions.

Markets Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

First round interview consists of fit questions. It was 2 interviewers at once, one from sales and the other from trading. They asked basic market questions as well as questions testing the candidates appetite for risk. The interview was easy in that no brain teasers were involved.

Sales and Trading Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Greenwich, CT) in October 2009.

Interview

The interview was with 3 members of the senior management team in the Sales and Trading field at RBS. The interview was difficult because they had three people asking questions and it was hard to focus on one person. The questions were largely background information, but some of the questions were why sales and trading and why this industry. My answer were not sufficient in many cases and they kept pushing me for a better answer. I worked at a small financial firm and they asked what products I was most interested in and I struggled to answer not because I didn't know, but just because I never thought about what "products" the company offered. Looking back, I can think of a million things, but at the time, they did not seem to care because I had worked for an insignificant financial firm. I needed to give them actual and pertinent answers and while they said this was more of an "informal" interview, it sure did not feel like it. They played the "laid back" card, but this was not the overall feeling of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What products interests you the most?   1 Answer

Sales and Trading Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT) in October 2009.

Interview

First you have your one on one interviews through your school. Then they invite you to a reception where you mingle with current employees. Then the second round is composed of 1 on 1 interviews with MD's and Heads of departments which are all fit based.

BANKING and FINANCE Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New London, CT) in April 2008.

Interview

My first interview was conduct on phone by the ABN Amro Bank N.V Pakistan and I've been ask for my qualification and general question and my learning experience during my internship with financial organization.

Interview Questions

• when I was new in field I was ask for experience.   1 Answer
    • What salary do u expect for this job   1 Answer

Negotiation

mostly of the time I've seen that the employer ask for salary package and benefits and I usually negotiation o it. I just give them the calculation of rise in fuel prices and daily expenditure to meet my daily necessities.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Delhi (India)).

Interview

Royal Bank of Scotland had an e litmus test which needed to be cleared ...they called all of us for a complete for a day had a case study and presentations n 1 technical interview n 1 Human Resource interview. Overall it was good enough the company sees the overall personality of the person. I had done intern through this interview thereafter received a PPO offer.

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

After you successfully complete the verbal, numerical and inductive reasoning tests, you are invited to the telephone interview. It takes around 30-40 minutes and it includes questions on your motivation and competency based questions. The main difficulty is that the interviewer types your answers and you have to answer the question and then wait until he finishes typing, so you feel like you are talking to yourself and not to another person. If you succeed at this stage, you are invited to the assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• How did you help someone outside the university? How you felt about it?
      What challenges does the bank face, NOT related to the programme you are applying to?
      Why are you applying for this particular role and how does it match your careers aspirations?

Answer Question

Graduate Conduct and Regulations Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First the online application, then a situational judgement test, a verbal reasoning test, a numerical test and a logical reasoning test. Then after these stages a telephone interview. If you pass the telephone interview they consider you for assessment centre (not everyone is given a place) then you go to assessment centre. We had to do a group discussion, interview, presentation and written task. Was told of my job offer the next day over the telephone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you dealt with a change and what you would do differently in hindsight?   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Chennai (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

it was a day long interview process with 4 level of technical and functional discussion. starting with written test, technical discussion, architect discussion and project deliver manager discussion. I have completed the interview and submitted all required document to HR. its been more than a month till the HR has not contacted me for any discussion or hoping to get a communication atleast in another 2 months

Interview Questions

• how to migrate one oracle DB to another DB, what are all the steps to consider for choosing oracle DB   Answer Question