Royal Bank of Scotland

Updated Feb 26, 2015

Markets Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in October 2009.

First round interview consists of fit questions. It was 2 interviewers at once, one from sales and the other from trading. They asked basic market questions as well as questions testing the candidates appetite for risk. The interview was easy in that no brain teasers were involved.

Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT

The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in October 2009.

The interview was with 3 members of the senior management team in the Sales and Trading field at RBS. The interview was difficult because they had three people asking questions and it was hard to focus on one person. The questions were largely background information, but some of the questions were why sales and trading and why this industry. My answer were not sufficient in many cases and they kept pushing me for a better answer. I worked at a small financial firm and they asked what products I was most interested in and I struggled to answer not because I didn't know, but just because I never thought about what "products" the company offered. Looking back, I can think of a million things, but at the time, they did not seem to care because I had worked for an insignificant financial firm. I needed to give them actual and pertinent answers and while they said this was more of an "informal" interview, it sure did not feel like it. They played the "laid back" card, but this was not the overall feeling of the interview.

Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in October 2009.

First you have your one on one interviews through your school. Then they invite you to a reception where you mingle with current employees. Then the second round is composed of 1 on 1 interviews with MD's and Heads of departments which are all fit based.

BANKING and FINANCE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New London, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New London, CT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in April 2008.

My first interview was conduct on phone by the ABN Amro Bank N.V Pakistan and I've been ask for my qualification and general question and my learning experience during my internship with financial organization.

Interview Questions
    • when I was new in field I was ask for experience.   View Answer
    • What salary do u expect for this job   View Answer
    mostly of the time I've seen that the employer ask for salary package and benefits and I usually negotiation o it. I just give them the calculation of rise in fuel prices and daily expenditure to meet my daily necessities.

Team Lead Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Awesome. Really well planned. Well organised. Office is nice. They treat the candidates warmly.
    Overall enjoyed attending the rounds. The interview was well organised and the associates gave frequent update on the process

Interview Questions
    • More process related questions for Team lead. Technical was challenging as well. It will take 1 complete day since there are multiple rounds   View Answer

Process Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Their process was gd,online aptitude and interview. As there were less candidates they gone for online aptitude and HR interview. aptitude was quite easy and could crack it easily . Hr round was all common, they asked general scenario based questions. Was totally good.

Interview Questions
    • how good are you in convincing others?
      tell me about your pros and cons related to studies?

Customer Services Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

After applying via sending my CV. I was contacted via email about a schedules telephone interview. This followed a week later. The telephone interview lasted roughly 30-40 minutes. Competency questions linking to experience, team work, using initiative questions. Was pretty simple successfully passed that stage was scheduled next for a face to face interview. Could have been far more prepared standard type questions. Why rbs?

Interview Questions
    • why rbs?
      Why customer service?
      what makes you stand out from other?
      what do you know about the company?

Risk Assessment, Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Applied online and a couple of weeks later I received a call from the recruiter to arrange first round interview with the hiring manager. I had three rounds of interview, including one with the overall business head. All interviews lasted about 45 mins each and were all competency based.

After three rounds of interview, I was waiting up to four weeks for feedback and during that time I chased to the point of frustration. It was just an overall disappointing experience and due to a change in personal circumstances I withdrew my interest in the role and lost interest in RBS.

Commercial Banking Graduate Programmer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Applied online. Had to do three tests.. situational judgement, numerical and logical reasoning. Had the the Telephone interview after a week. overall it was not a bad experience. the interview lasted around 40 minutes and

Interview Questions
    • A few motivational questions.. why rbs? what do you know about this division? why this programme?Two competency questions ..Tell me about a time when you helped someone achieve their goals. There were a lot of follow up questions
      Describe a situation when you challenged something that was not compatible with your principles.

Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ban Phone Savang (Laos)
    Anonymous Employee in Ban Phone Savang (Laos)

I applied online – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Quick application as only a cover letter and a couple of questions. Then some tests which weren't SHL and were there own format. Then the phone interview which was 3 parts. Had to pass each part to move onto the next. The first was seeing if you have motivation for the scheme and the 2nd and 3rd were competency based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why RBS? Why commercial banking? Tell us about a time you stood up for your values. Tell us about a time where you helped an individual.   Answer Question