Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions in London, UK

Updated Jun 28, 2015

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The process took around 3 weeks. A recruitment consultancy contacted me. There was a technical test before the interviews. Got invited for the final interview. There were 2 technical competency based interviews and 3 programming exercises along with the current technology developers in RBS.

Policy Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was friendly and conducted in a professional way. I was interviewed by 2 people, who would be my reporting lines. We discussed my previous experience and the job requirements were explained clearly. I was invited to ask any questions and to say how I felt about the role.

Graduate Conduct and Regulations Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First the online application, then a situational judgement test, a verbal reasoning test, a numerical test and a logical reasoning test. Then after these stages a telephone interview. If you pass the telephone interview they consider you for assessment centre (not everyone is given a place) then you go to assessment centre. We had to do a group discussion, interview, presentation and written task. Was told of my job offer the next day over the telephone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you dealt with a change and what you would do differently in hindsight?   Answer Question

Customer Services Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)).

Interview

After applying via sending my CV. I was contacted via email about a schedules telephone interview. This followed a week later. The telephone interview lasted roughly 30-40 minutes. Competency questions linking to experience, team work, using initiative questions. Was pretty simple successfully passed that stage was scheduled next for a face to face interview. Could have been far more prepared standard type questions. Why rbs?

Interview Questions

• why rbs?
      Why customer service?
      what makes you stand out from other?
      what do you know about the company?

Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

The whole process took around 1 hour, first some basic competency questions. Then a writing test. The manager is really very nice. Even if I am not successful. She gave me some very useful feedback. RBS is definitely a company that is worth fighting for. One of the most important reasons is that you will have very nice and responsible colleagues to work with.

Interview Questions

• Show a time that you were disagree with your colleagues.   Answer Question

Risk Assessment, Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online and a couple of weeks later I received a call from the recruiter to arrange first round interview with the hiring manager. I had three rounds of interview, including one with the overall business head. All interviews lasted about 45 mins each and were all competency based.

After three rounds of interview, I was waiting up to four weeks for feedback and during that time I chased to the point of frustration. It was just an overall disappointing experience and due to a change in personal circumstances I withdrew my interest in the role and lost interest in RBS.

Transaction Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

went through initial screening and then got a phone interview. You dont talk wiht HR, but they outsorce to someone that writes down your every word down. Pretty bad actually

Interview Questions

• 2 competency questions. First why this program and why rbs. 2nd one was how did you help someone to achieve a difficult goal. Standard questions, but the thing is they really go into details. I had to talk for 10 minutes how i helped someone. Thought i answered it twice already but they keep on badgering for details, thought the next question would be which color of boxers i wore when i helped him   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

There are several stages of interviews. First is a telephone one. A lot fo questions are being asked about motivation. Then there is an assessment center where 10 people are invited for a day of case studies, presentations and interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the example when you failed and how you reacted to that.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

1st round interview and then AC. about different areas of finance from looking at AUM data, completing reconciliation and learning about company tax. I left the internship with a developed skill set. about different areas of finance from looking at AUM data, completing reconciliation and learning about company tax. I left the internship with a developed skill set.

Markets Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and completed online testing (early November), invited to assessment centre exactly a week after. 12 people attended the assessment centre in late November and we were told this was the first one. The assessment centre consisted of a group trading game (teams act as both market makers and traders, where the closing value is the sum of nine die rolls... know how a spread works), presentation about a mobile banking business case and two interviews (one competency, one logic and competency). No technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How many people cycle to work in the UK?   Answer Question
    • There are two planes, one travelling at 500mph and another that leaves half an hour later at 600mph. How long until the second plane catches up with the first?   1 Answer
    • Three printing companies can respectively produce 1000, 2000 and 3000 copies every six hours. If they are all printing at the same time, how long until they produce 1000 copies?   1 Answer
    • Describe to me a news story that you have been following?   Answer Question
    • When have you helped someone achieve their goal?
      Why RBS when there is negative press?
      Why only a fixed income and FX trading floor?
      What division do you see yourself working in?
      When have you made an impact that's improved a business?
      What role do you usually play within a team?

Answer Question